It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Official Debate #2 Winner?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
It was similar for the VP debates too. Palin won in a landslide. The other channels such as CNN obviously did not have her winning. The reason is simple, fox caters to conservatives, the others cater too liberals. If you are routing for a candidate, you'll vote for them. Easy stuff.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Here is the assessment from MSNBC.

McCain represents a 20th century politician, talking about Truman, Roosevelt, KGB.

Obama represents a 21st century politician, talking about change and a new way of doing things.

Although I think MSNBC is bias (you kiddin me?) I have to agree. That is how it looks to a lot of Americans. And you know Americans love the 21st century

Based on that, Obama won.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
It was similar for the VP debates too. Palin won in a landslide. The other channels such as CNN obviously did not have her winning. The reason is simple, fox caters to conservatives, the others cater too liberals. If you are routing for a candidate, you'll vote for them. Easy stuff.

can only conclude you're right but the lack of objectivity is astounding.
wow!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
well mccain got his town hall meeting alright

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by southern_Guardian

he did and that debate endeared me to him a little. i had no idea he had the wit and swiftness of a comic and he definitely had me laughing "with" him a few times.

i also noted at the end of the debate it was obama and michelle who worked and had the audiences attention while mccain was no-where to be seen. i wonder why that was?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
McCain needed a game changer becuase he's behind on every poll going. He never produced the knockout blow he needed. So obama comes out unscathed and still on top.

like a boxer ahead on points obama just needs to avoid his opponent from landing that knock out punch.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by southern_Guardian

Yes. And he's fortunate that Obama turned him down on previous ones or he'd be further behind in the polls than he is now, in my view.

I thought the debate was fairly boring. The excitement I was expecting never materialized. And that's fine by me. We don't need any more drama.

I wish Obama hadn't felt the need to respond to every attack by McCain. Maybe a few, but after a while, he started to look defensive. In my opinion, it's more important to answer the questions than to spend the time refuting the opponent's attack. A couple times, they reminded me of school-boys... "If he gets a follow-up, I want a follow-up, too"!

I think Obama did a better job of answering the questions put to him. McCain seemed to ramble and get off topic, reciting talking points. Obama did some of that, too, but he's just a lot sharper and eventually got back around to answering the question. McCain just seemed to be "performing", doing his stump speech. I was NOT impressed.

There's one thing I haven't seen discussed: Physical appearance. As I said before, McCain is fortunate Obama refused his 10 Town-Hall debates. The difference in their appearance is STRIKING! Obama is tall and thin, moves easily and gracefully and remains calm and articulate. I was very uncomfortable watching McCain shuffle around like a little doddering old penguin. His awkward physicality was too apparent when juxtaposed with Obama's confident stature. Add to that the fact that McCain strayed off his topic and wandered into stump "slogans" and talking points again and again... trying (and failing in delivery and substance) stupid jokes about hair implants and Brokaw... he came off looking extremely out of touch and unappealing.

Originally posted by ll__raine__ll
i also noted at the end of the debate it was obama and michelle who worked and had the audiences attention while mccain was no-where to be seen.

I wondered about that, too. Brokaw was on Morning Joe and he said that after the McCains shook a few hands, they just left. Michelle Obama asked Brokaw about "the rules" and asked if it was OK if they stayed around and talked to the people and he didn't object, so they did.

I'm going to say Obama "won" this one. But neither of them particularly impressed me because even though the questions were REALLY good, both McCain and Obama said all the stuff I've heard before. I didn't learn anything.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by southern_Guardian

So that's what McCain wanted so badly and whined about for months? Ten debates where a bunch of shills that can barely read cue cards bumble out a question that hardly any American cares about?

Yes, the economy is failing please tell me more about Israel I am on the edge of my seat really I am.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
as usual the corporations won.Until the morons in this country wake up the corporations win it all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join