The Official Debate #2 Winner?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Tonight's debate was definitely a knockdown drag out battle. Both candidates scored major points, but also made some major mistakes, in my opinion.

However, all things considered, I thought that Obama came off more polished and smooth. Of course, polished and smooth doesn;t make for the best President, necessarily, but then again neither does being a good debater.

All in all though, I think Obama was tonight's winner.

What do you think?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
AND THE WINNER IS: THE TWO PARTY SYSTEM!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The House always wins.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Neither.

They both lost equally (I base that on neither giving a full answer to any of the questions asked).

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
{However, all things considered, I thought that Obama came off more polished and smooth. Of course, polished and smooth doesn;t make for the best President, necessarily, but then again neither does being a good debater.

All in all though, I think Obama was tonight's winner.

What do you think?}

I agree with you ..
Although I still dont want either one of them as president ..I dont really care for Ron Paul (dont know why ..he just has something fishy about him) ..but I would vote for him first and Obama second ...if I was going to vote ..which I am not ..so my opinion does not matter one iota ..

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Apparently in this new age, winners are those who can not answer the question in a more convincing way. Disappointing.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
AND THE WINNER IS: THE TWO PARTY SYSTEM!

Hear, hear!

I thought it was kind of boring, to be honest. I thought Obama did a little better (although I felt he misspoke a couple times- like saying country when I think he meant to say world).

I guess it is because I watched all of the debates from the primaries, and they are pretty much saying the same things they always have.

Not much new.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Winners:

The Military-Industrial Complex: both candidates agreed that any 'defence' spending cuts were off-board, even in the unreasonable situation of a 'general spending freeze'

The Private Health Insurance Industry: both candidates made quite clear that no attempts at health care reform would be allow to harm private health insurance profits

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
This debate made me sick.

The few minutes I did see of it, horrified me.

It seems like the two candidates have resorted only to arguing over who is the bigger war-monger than the other.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I will say that the two channels that I'm watching (picture in picture) have some very obvious biases.

Everyone on CNN seems to want to go to Obama's bed with him and everyone on Fox News seems to want to murder him in it.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by zupreme

i watch both channels too but mainly fox. fox annoys me how they take every possible opportunity to knock obama. despite being openly in mccain's camp i think their bias is off the charts.

that said their antics is discrediting to them and makes them look petty and desperate. sad.

edited to add: i think obama came across better in this debate and gets my vote for the win.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by ll__raine__ll]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ll__raine__ll

You're right about fox news' bias towards McCain, but everyone else is in the tank for Obama. If not for fox news, it would be all Obama all the time and that wouldn't be good for anyone.

Fact of the matter is...none of the media should be biased but they are..and that's a disservice to the American public.

And as for the winner i'm not sure. They both supported the bailout so i'm disgusted by that, but really all i heard was much of the same junk they've both been spewing that last few months.

All the spending they want to do for the most part should not be done. Spending has to stop and it has to stop NOW. There should be sacrifices made. Most of the public has no idea what real sacrifice is...we've been spoiled for too long.

I lean towards McCain mainly because of Obama's past affiliations with some shady people. He needs to clear it up and be forthcoming with it.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by David9176]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
My opinion, they didn't lose any votes. It's the "center" that they have to court. Even debate until the end. McCain's last statement cost him some votes.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I can't call a winner, but I know the US public are the losers.

Same rhetoric, same jabs at each other. Nothing new here that we haven't head ad nauseum already.

While Obama definitely seems more polished, relaxed and confident, McCain does have the experience behind him.

Considering the global economic meltdown that is NOT going to get any better any time soon, I think I'd rather have a president that knows the history of our relationships with other nations and the personalities that are running those nations.

I truly think that if we don't have someone who can come across like a pit bull when the roughest times hit, that we will be taken over and be forced to learn a new language just to ask for the soup in the soup line.

I don't see Obama rising to that challenge. Then again, I see McCain having a stroke when rising to that challenge.

So like I said at the beginning, it's the US Public that loses.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I base this solely on the last question (the one about defense)

Obama wins by being the better Orator with a more concisive and vivid plan.

McCain wins by not keeling over and only making a moderate fool of himself.

I like Obama better, but since its a puppetocracy, I'd rather have the less adept showman so I can get a better peek behind the curtain
Therefore I am hereby officially endorsing McCain for 2008.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

so which is it neither of them lost an votes or McCain lost votes?

IMO they both tied to lose tonight. they didn't give full answers to the questions. They Both are war mongers. Obama wants to telegraph attacks before they happen, McCain is Attack First ask question later.

Neither one of them has a clue about the economy. they proved it last week when they voted for this failed bailout bill which was loaded with pork in the senate. they went against what 400 economist that said don't rush the bailout do it right just don't hand the money over to the bankers. Let alone they went against the majority of Americans to put more money in the pockets of bankers. Just shows they both really don't give 2 s##ts about what the common American wants. the only time they see the Common American is when they look down to see what they stepped in.

It doesn't matter if Obama wins or if McCain wins we're screwed either way. when are people going to wake up and see the only difference between the candidates is 1 has a D and 1 has a R behind their names. other than that they are pretty much the same Bulls##t in a different wrapper.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
No winners here tonight, everybody lost, McCain, Obama, the American public but especially Tom Brokaw.

Obviously delivery is everything.
If both candidates had said the exact same thing word for word, Obama would have edged out McCain on that CNN graph on screen meter thingy.
So Obama was the virtual winner.
So now it's all nothing but a popularity contest.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Obama clearly won that debate, McCain was awful. This two party system is really a one party system though, I wish the media would allow the public the opportunity to hear one of the other candidates like Chuck Baldwin.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I don't even care about the winner of the debate anymore; all I know is that there is no way in hell that I can stand to listen to Sarah Palin speak for four years. Her nasal folksy way of talking makes me wanna puke. I know some think it's cute. This country doesn't need cute!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
people texting into fox news gave the win to mccain by a landslide. around 80% of votes went to mccain.

this is either:
a. rigged and a crock (more of fox's desperatism), or
b. only mccain voters watch fox

... that's a huge margin though. that debate doesn't warrant it even with a bias station or viewers. ???

new topics

<<   2 >>

join