It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop pushing your religion on me

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I am 18 years old, finishing high school, and today, i was waiting for my bus outside of my school, and this guy was standing there with a couple signs, trying to push Christianity on the high school students, my school is a bus stop for two other schools, that is 1200 students per school, looking at this guy trying to push HIS beliefs on other people, the thing is, he cant be arrested, because he "technically" isn't on school property, he is on the sidewalk, this guy then gets some other people to start preaching to us, and handing out a brainwashing CD called, The Uniqueness Of Christianity. And on the back it says that the CD is "Blessed by god, and therefor cant be wrong". how many people out there agree with me when i say, where are you getting your drugs, and can you get me some.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

Thank you for your compliance and understanding.

[edit on 10/7/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by outrider

Emphasis mine:

And on the back it says that the CD is "Blessed by god, and therefor cant be wrong".

I HIGHLY doubt this. Do you have a photo of this CD?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
In this country we have Freedom OF Religion,

not to be interpreted as Freedom FROM Religion

They are FREE to offer their literature (which they did)

you are FREE to turn it down.

Someday, the events of your life might cause you to go looking for God

Just hope that all the soul winners haven't been silenced

and this is the test..........do their words glorify themselves, or do they give

the glory to God?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by PreTribGuy

Emphasis mine:

And on the back it says that the CD is "Blessed by god, and therefor cant be wrong".

I HIGHLY doubt this. Do you have a photo of this CD?

Are you asking someone to prove they are not lieing about something they personally experienced? I only ask as you've ignored the rest of his/her post about the ethics of christians preaching near schools.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by riley]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by outrider
I am 18 years old, finishing high school, and today, i was waiting for my bus outside of my school, and this guy was standing there with a couple signs, trying to push Christianity on the high school students, my school is a bus stop for two other schools, that is 1200 students per school, looking at this guy trying to push HIS beliefs on other people, the thing is, he cant be arrested, because he "technically" isn't on school property, he is on the sidewalk, this guy then gets some other people to start preaching to us, and handing out a brainwashing CD called, The Uniqueness Of Christianity. And on the back it says that the CD is "Blessed by god, and therefor cant be wrong". how many people out there agree with me when i say, where are you getting your drugs, and can you get me some.

Do you believe in the Bill of Rights?

[edit on 7-10-2008 by NOTurTypical]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by PreTribGuy

it didnt say that exactly, but something like that, i dont have the cd, threw it away, sorry for any confusion

reply to post by NOTurTypical

I live in Canada, not America, the rules are a little different here, if in America your allowed to push your religion on other people at school, not allowed in Canada

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

about the ethics of christians preaching near schools.

Christians can share their faith anywhere they want to, so can Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, et cetra.

This isn't China yet, we still have a Bill of Rights.

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Last time I checked, (just now), the Bill of Rights is still in effect.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   

read my post, I am NOT in America, I am in CANADA, not allowed to do that

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I live in Canada, not America, the rules are a little different here, if in America your allowed to push your religion on other people at school, not allowed in Canada

Do you have freedom of speech in Canada?

Secondly, they didn't "push" anything on you, did they hold you down and stuff the CD in your backpack?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Slow down buddy, I just found that out.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   

you are, obviously ignoring most of what i post, just stop it please, your objective mind is starting to get a little more than annoying

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

I'm not sure whether you don't realise this, but PreTribGuy is making a point that a CD that has been printed for mass distribution is unlikely to have a typo such as 'therefor' on it. Not so much an attack on the 18 year old OPs honesty as on his spelling prowess.

As far as my personal feelings on the matter are concerned, people get irritated far too easily. There is no 'World-Competition of Religiousness' going on, that Christians are 'winning'. There is no loss to me by the existence of one more christian.
If someone approaches me, I listen with interest, perhaps take the reading material offered, and then go on my way, perhaps with a smile on my face that someone cared enough for my well-being to propound to me what they thought the truth was. If I don't feel like listening, I say no thank you, or I just ignore them. I have no wish for anyone to get arrested for such a small thing.

Ask yourself: While they may be 'wrong' (according to you), what exactly are they doing that is wrong?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Hmmm, it appears you're ignorant to what is written in your "Canadian Charter For Rights and Freedoms":

FUNDAMENTAL FREEDOMS.

2. Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms:

(a) freedom of conscience and religion;
(b) freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication;
(c) freedom of peaceful assembly; and
(d) freedom of association.

This Christian has the freedom to believe, to have his opinion, and to freely exercise it.

www.efc.ca...

[edit on 8-10-2008 by NOTurTypical]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   

you are, obviously ignoring most of what i post, just stop it please, your objective mind is starting to get a little more than annoying

I'm not ignoring anything you post, sometimes you make a post when I am involved in responding to another post.

Kinda why I said "slow down there buddy"....

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   

guess what, it has been proven that it IS ILLEGAL to try to push your religion on people near a school, this isn't just about me, this is about EVERY person at all three schools, its not allowed to try to do this near one school, let alone three

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

guess what, it has been proven that it IS ILLEGAL to try to push your religion on people near a school, this isn't just about me, this is about EVERY person at all three schools, its not allowed to try to do this near one school, let alone three

Then if this is true, I'm sure you can support this by copy/pasting an amendment to your Rights and Freedoms Charter?

I'd be much more concerned that you are 18 years old and don't seem to have a clue what freedoms you are guaranteed in your country.

Gotta love those government schools.

Show us where your Charter was amended to exclude freedom of speech from school grounds.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   

it would appear i forgot to post something, wow don't I look, and feel like a total jerk, these guys had been told over five time by the Principal of the school that they must stop, or they will be charged, they were arrested, and charged because one of the people of the group actually blocked the way into the bus and made a group of people miss the bus, and they live five towns over, as i said, the group was charged for this action, i apologize for the mix up, i thought i posted this in my first post, looks like i need to get my brain fixed

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Well, trespassing is a different issue altogether, but if they are on the opposite sidewalk there is nothing you can do. They are exercising their Freedoms and Rights guaranteed under your Charter.

That's how Freedoms go, your Freedoms and Rights end where another person's begin.

That means, although you may not like what they have to say, you must realize that there are people who don't like what you have to say either, but both of you are guaranteed your right to say them in a free country.

You still need to copy/paste that amendment to the Charter you speak of.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   

well, this is getting a little out of control, they are NOT on the opposite side of the sidewalk, they keep coming at the time school gets out, and stand there saying they will get out of the way when we take the CD.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Well, as of right now that is hearsay. They are allowed under your Charter to speak freely about their beliefs and opinions. That's clearly written in the Charter.

We are still waiting for you to copy/paste an amendment to this Charter that states these freedoms and rights are suspended on school property.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join