It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: 60% say depression

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Poll: 60% say depression

money.cnn.com

The CNN/Opinion Research Corp. poll, which surveyed more than 1,000 Americans over the weekend, cited common measures of the economic pain of the 1930s:

25% unemployment rate;
widespread bank failures; and
millions of Americans homeless and unable to feed their families.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The 700 billion bail out package has done anything to alleviate the confidence of the markets and neither the confidence of the American people.

Economist are more hopeful and they see not depression coming at all, their reasoning behind this is that the social programs implemented during the great depression like unemployment insurance, social security and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation would prevent the economy from reaching that level.

money.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
S & F

Isn't it amazing, while the bailouts and the fraudulent fed are just tossing up dollars and printing out more like hotcakes for the Elite, the rest of the world sees the writing on the wall, and yet we're all like innocent bystanders, anticipating the trainwreck to come to its nightmarish fruition.

And expect the numbers guys and pie-charts dudes to go into overtime, trying to spin this all and tell everyone, "there's nothing to worry about, no recession, the economy's growing....

LOL

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Hey Marge good post S&F.

This is more of a "feel it" rather than "prove it". For me we are in uncharted waters.

Obama said in tonites debate this is the worst financial crisis America has faced since the Great Depression. To me it does not seem like the depression on the streets...yet.

I am waiting for the knockout punch. The DOW is down around 1500 points in the past few days. I believe the market dropped nearly 20 per cent before the depression.

There is the "Law of Unintended Consequences" regarding the billions being pumped into the system and artificially inflating markets. What will be the consequences?

I can feel it...I know a lot of others "feel it" too. The meltdown(Like Jack Lemmon in the China Syndrome!)

top topics

join