It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain: Chancellor to announce rescue package for banks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Britain: Chancellor to announce rescue package for banks

news.bbc.co.uk

At 7-00am GMT the chancellor, mr Darling, will reveal the details of the governments rescue package to shore up the ailing British banking sector...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
...should be interesting.

Unfortunately I think that this is a last desperate attempt to save the economy & currency, & I don't think it's going to work.

The greedy shysters have milked the cow for all it's worth, & now as we enter a recession (or worse) with a huge national deficit, redundancies soaring, & a lack of available money or credit, the tax payer (whats left of them) are going to be expected to pick up the pieces & pay more & more money whilst the people who created this mes are sat on £millions from the money they made by driving us to the edge of oblivion.

With rising fuel, gas, electric, & most worryingly food prices, & people struggling to pay their bills, where is this money to come from? If they print it its going to destroy the value of the Pound.

As a side note, did you know that crime pattern have changed here & there has been a sharp increase in thefts of food from allotments (where people rent a plot of land from the council to grow fruit & vegatables)?

I also spoke to the manager at the local co-op the other day since they didn't seem to have any beef. He said they'd stopped putting it in the refrigerator because they were suddenly having so much of it stolen.

This is people stealing to eat. This is very bad.

See what happens tommorrow - probably a big rise in the stock market, followed over the next fortnight by a massive drop as people wake up to the reality that the party is well & truly over...

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join