It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dipping Out.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
THE UNDERGROUND RAILROAD IS ALIVE!

Taxes, mortgage, insurance, taxes, mortgage, insurance, taxes, mortgage, insurance, fines, fees, licenses.

F-it.

I haven't posted at ATS in about 2 months. Last I was here I was a landlord overseeing 4500 sqft of historic rental space... under high tension lines. No more.

F-it.

Every penny I had and twice what I collected from tenants I poured into that situation to appease the institutions. Polluted, flouridated, cloridated city water in the pipes. Ungodly prices for organic food. Downtown, city cops on my block constantly, helicopters overhead, daily airshows from the military authority. Ever rising expense of the commute to and from a productive thing to do... no more.

I passed my trucks on to a friendly farm. I passed title of my land on to another friendly farm. My tools and family are stashed away at another friendly location. The half million dollars in rental houses... I ain't going back and from what I've heard, my "tenant" are supposedly living free... Some intend to rip down the foreclosure, eviction, and sale signs staying right where they were. Some have also dipped out, unable to stand the high tension lines, even with free rent.

The banks.
The insurance companies.
The city, the fed, the IRS, and all of their BS taxes, fees, and fines...
The courts, the summons, the probation officer...
The moldy storm damaged house full of years of pesticides and pollution...

Peace out. I'm on dirt road now and I ain't leaving.

I work for free. I travel where I am expected and welcome. I usually have a roof over my head, but otherwise stay in tent. We have free organic food wherever I bring my family, self, and tools; such is understood if you want this craftsman to travel your way. This is the new underground railroad; for the new slave on the run. Right now, we're living 8 miles outside of a town with population of under 300... I'll be gone and on my way to another location by spring.

I am a gypsie and the $350,000 my "incorporated" "exchequer" "birth certificate" name "owes" to the institution will NEVER be paid.

I'm over it. I'm over the whole damn system. We're over it.

Call it financial suicide. Call it economic jihad if you like. I breathe fresh air now. I drink pure water now. Fresh meat is in abundance all around me and the ground flourishes with edible woodland mushrooms.

I'm on the road. And I'm not alone. From looks of it... now that I am on the "railroad" in "community" there are thousands of us; I'd bet millions in the US right now. Some with bench warrents for petty drug charges. Some with summons for things they didn't do. Some foreclosed and in tent cities. Some hiding with family. Some hiding with friends. Some hiding with those just friendly to the cause. Some squatting in... was that one of my rental houses? Some with unpaid hospital bills. Some with unpaid IRS tabs. And none of us have any intent of ever going back, paying back, or checking in. We don't have driver's licenses. We don't go out on the pavement. We don't enter the cities. We ran for the hills. We make our way from "gatherings" to "communes" to "coops", from farm to farm, from non-capitalist community to non-capitalist community.

For us, capitalist society is done. We are in hiding as we watch it collapse and a new tribal society unfold. We purchase our basic needs collectively in tribes. We farm almost all that we need. We live essentially off grid. We piss and poo in the woods.

Our conscience now clear of our supposed debts and crimes of the incorporated city... There is no city, there is no court, there is no government, and there IS NO BANK. It was all an ILLUSION, and we see through it. All of our personal possessions are given up to the community, we are free and we live communally in small tribes scattered throughout rural america. We are far from the beaten path and our children are being born out of hospitals without social security numbers. Our sir names are unspoken. Our given names have been set aside for nicknames and aliases. Some of us keep prepaid cellular phones registered in other names, which we share collectively. Amongst tribe, sensimilla is once again as legal, as it has always been lawful; it is shared freely. In many ways a new nation has been born, a nation within a nation.

Free at last.

The wife and I are pregnant; it certainly throws a twist on things. We are going to give birth in the woods, alone, with a friendly "community" midwife. After reading a few books on alternative birthing... we certainly do not trust the hosptitals (thanks Ina May Gaskin and Jennifer Block) We also don't trust bought meat, we're on rice and bean rations, we get farm fresh milk and eggs from the farm at which we labor. I hunt squirrels and fish upstream trout. A diet free of hormones and injections. There will be no vaccinations given to my child, nor indoctrination in the corporate education system.

If your experience is similiar, and you've "dipped out" as well, please post your tale. I assure you, we're not alone.

This is my 10/7 message to you. This is the new paradigm opening for the debt slave, for those caught up in "the system".

I'm at the library; borrowing an ID to login... it may be a while before I speak to you again.

This is the new face of SURVIVAL. Best of luck to you all.

If you're not buying in... well... good luck with your corporate job.

I am,

Sri Oracle

This is my mighty pen.

For more info on the now dead rental situation under the high tension lines... click on "but sri, why the evil avatar?" in my signature line.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Was wondering where he went.

Sri, best of luck to you. This is a very brave and daring move you have made. May you find peace in this chaos we call life and living.

Godspeed to you man.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Sri,

Yes there is a very open and abundant black market out there as you have now experienced. It is truly an amazing network of people out to llive free and peacable with their fellow man. I applaud your fortitude and best of luck.
Instead of using the library why don't you use a laptop and wi-fi? It is a good way to keep your anonimity.
As you have seen there is a growing group of people like yourselves out there. It will continue to get larger and more sustainable as economic conditions worsen in the U.S.
If not for certain conditions preventing me I would go back to that lifestyle again, but the timing is not right yet.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Stick it to the man!

Be free and tell them all to kiss it. Be free and teach your children to be free. Use your trades and live as a producer. Farm your food and raise your animals.

Peace be unto your soul brother. You have learned the best lesson to learn. It will be hard and comfort may lack but when you are right you are right and that is all the afterlife demands from you.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
God's speed to you my friend and may you and your's be safe and find happiness.
Funny that you mention the author of "Spiritual Midwifery"...in fact, I was born on The Farm and one of the birthing stories you may have read was about my moment of emergence. Can't believe they almost named me "Rosey Gorilla"...crazy hippies.

Hopefully you have had a chance to pay The Farm a visit near Summertown Tennessee. I had actually planned to return to The Farm at some point...to my roots and to learn how to live naturally. It's not a commune like it was when I was born, but they have tried very hard to stick to their ideals and in subsequent visits during their annual holiday called "Ragweed Day" on 7/11, I have seen that as many things have changed, so, too, many things have stayed the same(and now seem smaller to me).

Maybe we'll bump into eachother at some point. Take care good man.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
You are very brave and being one of the few people I've heard of who lives this way voluntarily, I look up to you.

I hope to break free myself very soon.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I envy your ability to take the leap. It takes major cajones to do this and I am glad that you have a wife that supports you. All the best!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Has anyone ever thought about doing this outside of the country, across seas in Europe, Asia, and Africa?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I must acknowledge that your post, Sri, as really moved me.

I remember (what now seems very far away in time) when you made the post about "why the evil avatar"... and all the story about your assets and the trouble that it was to "keep them running".
Back then I thought: "I really, truly, wish this guy the best, for I see he is being honest about his feelings".

I could have NEVER thought, though, that you would accomplish all this in such a frame of time.

About the current post:

Your post has made beyond happy for the moment, my "brother from a different mother". Now I realize that if you, with all the trouble you had, got the balls to make this move, then I guess everyone - including me- can do it too. I am in desperate need of that.

I really like the part where you said "we don't have drivers license" and also "our children are being born without social security number" (or something along those lines)... kind of reminds me of that movie "Into the Wild", which is extremely interesting.

Now... I'm not a native-english-speaker, so I'm not sure if "sensimilla" means what I think it means... can anyone please confirm me if this is indeed cannabis? (just so I can understand 100% of what Sri is talking about).

Sri, have a great, complete and happy life with your family and friends. Much love to you all and don't EVEN think about "coming back" when facing the first difficulties. I'm sure it gets easier with time.

Peace

PS.: all forgive me if my post is a little messy, it's early where I am, and I'm not fully awake yet.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
way to sugar coat chickening out and deciding to be homeless. best of luck to you. please dont beg for money.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoffinFeeder
chickening out... deciding to be homeless... please dont beg for money.

By the tone of your post, I assume you are financially stable, gainfully employed etc., and as such are somehow better than the OP... good for you, I'm sure your creditors are pleased... As to "please don't beg for money", aside from being rather beligerant, I wonder what it is you think you're doing when you clock in for your eight hour day for over a third of your lifetime? I could be mistaken, but I don't think Sri Oracle has asked you for any of your 'notes', he's off the grid, and regardless of your opinion of Sri oracle, I don't think you understand how many folks envy that position.
Sri Oracle, I've always enjoyed your posts here, you're a respected member of this community and I'd like to give you a big thumbs up for taking the big leap. I have known some people in your situation, it's tough for them, but you'd be surprised how many of them wouldn't change their situation if they could. Folks got along just fine without being 'gainfully' employed by the man for tens of thousands of years. Keep your chin up, and keep us posted.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Sri,

When you get the chance to read this, know that you are being sent good karma and blessings for your venture onto the road, anywhere is better than under those HT lines...there is nowhere you can call 'home' but where your heart feels content to stay

Best of Britsh to ya!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I used to have this great big old house I was remodeling to make into a bed & breakfast.........it was on the main street in a small western town.

I ran into folks doing what your doing all the dang time......they would knock on my door to see if I needed a hand and offered up themselves with the skills they had....
See, on my house's property was also a long brick out building that had 8 motel type units......and the folks could move into one of the units, and then join me and my family in our daily meals, and I would do they're laundry, and I would also pay them what I could afford in cash.....and the folks would work with me and help out. Sometimes staying with me a few months.....
Usually just a couple weeks to a month....

If it was not for these traveler folks on the road wandering around the country I never would have gotten so many things done in my house.....my husband at the time was a lazy SOB who flat out would NOT pick up a hammer or a paintbrush to help....he claimed he bought us this house to fix up so that I could keep busy

These people sometimes were a family unit......or in pairs of travel buddies.....or just some guy on his own hopping trains to get around......
Sometimes these folks had a car, but more often they were hitchhiking, or riding bikes pulling little trailers....

I ended up divorced and the place was lost to me........
(I was so happy to loose the man and so sad to loose the property)

....but I will NEVER forget learning about this whole society of people who have no real home and wander around from place to place checking out the scenery.....stopping here and there at farms and busy places where they can stay a while and lend a hand.....
Some of those folks would return every year during a certain month and I was glad to see them, and looked forward to the next project we were going to accomplish....

I just wanted to share that I am aware of this sub culture..........and let other folks see a bit about how they are mobile and all around even though most people don't see them.

If I could find me a group in a cave in the 4 corners area I would join them......but NOT being able to be found AT ALL is a HUGE part of what they are all about.
Soooooo if any folks in the four corners area are doing this and reading my post here please u2u me if I & my son could be invited into the clan......we have allot to offer such a group, I am a survivalist ans he is an eagle scout....

[edit on 8-10-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
YES!! Im so glad to hear this Sri! I hope everyone follows your lead! Its awesome, there are a bunch of folks around my age, 25 or so(of all ages, it just seems to be becoming a natural trend for those of my age group), that never got into the system, decided the same things before they engaged in it, so you are correct, the underground railroad is alive and well, we just dont make a big mess or make loud noises for the media to focus on. Im not talking about bums, or drug addicts, Im talking about real people who see reality for what it is, and decided to take the path that takes into account best and worst case scenarios for society, and know money has nothing to do with anything but greed and ultimate failure.

Turn on, tune in, drop out...

you are not alone, you will all see, I am sure you will meet many others who live the same way... so join the movement people! After all, if you have been assimilated by society, this will be all the more profound and liberating than to those of us who never put the shackles on in the first place, your actions are very commendable, and I think you are the ones with the biggest you know whats.

[edit on 10/8/2008 by psychedeliack]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
You don't know me and I don't know you; I don't even know if you will ever read this: Much love and luck your way my friend.

From reading through your avatar thread just now and reading this one, I can tell you seem to be much...happier. You are living a way of life which many wish they could but can not because of family obligations, lack of skills needed to keep them alive and/or fear.

I am all of the above.

The best to you and yours. Stay safe and try and keep us informed every now and then, I will be keeping an eye out for your threads.

(check your u2u's, I am sure you have tons right now, including from myself).

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Sri - I don't know when or if you'll get back to this thread, but I wanted to tell you that I'm really happy for you - that you got away from there. Your life now sounds pretty intriguing. To shake off all the "ties" that hold people to this sick society must be so freeing... I know it's hard work, but you are the envy of many, I'm sure.

I read through your avatar thread and I think you did the right thing.

Take care and please check in when you can... I'll be thinking of you and wishing you and your new family well.

BH.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Sri~

Here is something I find fitting to the moment:

The ideals which have lighted me on my way and time after time given me new courage to face life cheerfully, have been Truth, Goodness, and Beauty. . . . The ordinary objects of human endeavour -- property, outward success, luxury -- have always seemed to me contemptible. -Albert Einstein-

Sometimes, the right thing to do... and the ethical thing to do are two solely different things. Based on the choices, I don't blame you.. ya at all. All the best to You and Yours, and please do stop in and share some stories with us when you can.

Regards,
T-

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I wish you the best of luck. One question though - what about healthcare?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
In three days' time I will be living the same life style, apparently even for very similar reasons. I wish you luck, Sri. You predicted there were others and you were right. I guess the meek shall inherit the Earth, right?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
to bsbray11 and Sri...

I don't know if I'm being naive, stupid or just plain ignorant, but I have to say this:

Your accounts make me feel jealous.

You know what? Despite the fact I'm young, healthy, single, no-kids, smart and SICK & TIRED of this BS we call day-to-day life, somehow I must have dropped my balls along the way.

I don't have a great income, I work hard and long hours for money to buy my way through this life (sometimes I can save a little $ here and there, but not much), I am simply IN LOVE with outdoor living (though I work indoors the whole time, locked inside some hospital), I miss nature the whole time, and in my day-to-day business I never find like-minded individuals.
So I have NOTHING at all to lose, and nonetheless I find it very, very hard to "let go" and just "hit the road" for good.

So I said it: you guys have SOME GUTS!! And may not be aware but you act like real inspiration for many! Me included.

So hang in there, folks! Maybe one day we'll all meet (should one of us travel a couple thousands kms
) and feast upon our own courage.

Peace

top topics

<<   2 >>

join