It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Day The Earth Stood Still [12-12-08]

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Down Under

Do you no when its release date is?

Is that a trick question?

Seriously its on the image he posted...

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The reviews so far are so-so, but the audience this is targeted to (teens and young adults) will go see it for the effects. This will be a big hit, as there is no action film scheduled for Christmas. Fox Studios desperately needs a hit since this was a terrible summer for them (The Happening was the only moneymaker, taking in $163 million worldwide).

Edited to add

[edit on 12/12/2008 by kidflash2008]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I watched it today at the cinema with my girl friend. I'm a scifi movie addict and love these kind of movies. And I was really looking forward to it, not having seen the original one..

But, I was pretty wrong on it.. It was dull, slow moving, had very annoying characters. The effects of course was great, and Keanu was awesome. But overall, meh. Quite boring, and I wish I hadnt spend that money going to see it.

My GF actually turned to me halfway through the film and said "This is the first time i've actually been close to falling a sleep, while at the cinema".. Scifi isnt really her favorite genre, so to say, but she usually tags along since I pay..

I would recommed to wait on the DVD, unless you are a hardcore scifi-fan. But dont get your expectations high..

6/10, and then im generous. If anyone cares to know, I actually think The Happening was better (7/10).

[edit on 12/12/08 by Thain Esh Kelch]

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I just saw it to. I liked it. It depends on your preference, and I feel this movie is just one of those that you have to see for yourself and make your own judgment.
I actually give it 4 stars. ( A rarity.)

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
i finally i got to see this movie the other night and thought it was pretty good. the plot of the movie was intriguing and the overall message pertaining to us destroying the earth was a valid point worth making imo.

the acting was good also and i don't understand why some people feel that Keanu Reeves did a poor job of it. i feel that any actor would have had a difficult time in creating a shock and awe from the audience with the simple lines of the script such as "i think you should let me go".

i was a little disappointed in a few things , the robot didn't get many action scenes and the lack of leaders like the President or members of the United Nations never talking with the Alien left me puzzled(lack of a better word)

all in all it was good and worth watching again but there were many missed opportunity's that could have made this movie the best sci fi of recent times.

[edit on 15-12-2008 by easynow]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
When I saw the trailer I knew I would see the film.
Hollywood now makes great trailers but has become a one trick pony.

And the pony's name is CGI. TDTESS had no character development. I couldn't care about any of them; even the kid eventually got on my nerves.

Continuity...not in this film.

The ending made absolutely made no sense. It felt as if the editor just decided to stop the movie after 90 min and go home.

IMO if you are going to make a bad movie at least throw in a lot of blood and guts, gratuitous violence and plenty of female nudity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join