It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Day The Earth Stood Still [12-12-08]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Well I don't know about you lot, but I am really looking forward to the release of this movie remake now - even more so since regularly stopping by here to look at the alien-related stuff being posted! I've not seen the original from the 50's but the trailer of this one (starring Keanu Reeves as the alien) looks pretty damn good!

I'm wondering though, as to whether some of the recent increased levels of media attention for UFO/alien sightings are possibly as part of some sort of marketing strategy for the film? I mean it does sound a bit silly really, but with all the excitement levels raised with everyone for disclosure and so on, it can only do good things for 20th Century Fox!

On the other side of things, perhaps that date at the top of this poster should actually read "10-14-08 is..."

Just a thought.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by Christam1]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Cool!!!

Do you no when its release date is?

Looks like an Independance Day copy or something along those lines.

There is also another film waiting to be released called ANTIGRAVITY but I dont think its getting the funding quick enough.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I seen the trailer for this a while back and I remember alot of the attention was on the Sphere. Could't help but remember the 1998 film "Sphere" and how they both look alike.

So whats with the sphere?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The original film was amazing and will always be a sci-fi classic.
I fear this will be a dumbed down remake, filled with pointless action scenes.
I sincerely hope I will be proved wrong...

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MrVertigo

Don't forget, this one stars Keanu Reeves. That is the one thing stopping me from wanting to see this one. He may be good looking, but he cannot act his way out of a paper bag.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Christam1

I Agree With You That It Could Be A Very Good Marketing Strategy.
The Flip Side Is, What Message Could The Movie Itself Be Transmitting,
Cloaked As Entertainment? Has Anyone Wondered About The Proliferation
Of All These E.T. / Otherwordly Movies Of Late? Or Is It Just ME?
www.nohoax.com

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The trailer makes the movie look like complete garbage. It's not even the same story line and Keanu Reeves still has no range.

Peace

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
K. Reeves might not need to act his way out of a wet paper bag though. I thought Keanu was a good fit for his role in the matrix. This movie might be similar.. He's supposed to be an alien in a human body (I think). So if he sounds dry you can chalk it up to his alien background. It might work??

Anyways, how many of you have seen the original 1951 classic?

I'm hoping I will be pleasantly surprised... like when I went to see I Am Legend.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I saw the origional film from the early 1950's. It was, I thought, a good movie. It's a bit dated now, but had some special effects in it at the time that were years ahead of it's time. And a young Patricia Neal had one of her first starring roles in it as the boys mother. I just hope the remake does it justice. And I hope Keanu Reaves does a good job in it as well.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Another useless remake from a talentless hollywood.

Why a remake?

To make profit from someone elses genius of course.

It'll have the usual neo-political spin and the inevitable special effects, let's face it, it's the only way they know how these days eh?

I'll steal it off the internet before it's released.

"KLAATU BARADA NIKTO"

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Is that a movie in Sci-Fi series?

Like Star Trek Voyager, Stargate?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I am ashamed to admit that I really liked the feel of the trailer. I think Keanu is a good fit for an emotionless alien.

I haven't seen the original so I can't really compare the two.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I am not a huge classic guy, but this is an old one that I really loved. I took a Cinema class in university and we watched a lot of classics. This was one and it was my second favorite of that semester, only behind Casablanca.

I wish they weren't remaking it.

Some movies can not be remade because you can not recreate the time it was released. I'm sure I'll see it... but I'm not really looking forward to it.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
I think Keanu is a good fit for an emotionless alien.

As long as he doesn't say "dude" or "uhhh" it should be fine.

The trailer doesn't look that bad.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
i look forward to seeing this movie. i also want to check out the original before hand. keanu Reaves, samual Reaves, jimmey crack corn Reaves, i don't care whos in it. i will enjot it either way.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Meh,I dont like it,as a "remake".
Im a big fan of classic movies.
The original was just fine.
It got its point across without the need of explosions and special effects/cgi.
Thus is gonna be a slughtered over the top version of the original.
And its not needed.
Is Holywood that brain dead,that they cant think of anything original anymore?
This might have been an ok movie,had they called it something other than a remake.
Just my too cents.

STC!
(Save The Classics)

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Klaatu barada nikto!

I saw the original and liked it.

The previews to the new one don't look good at all.

KR does make a perfect alien though.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
maybe this remake has something to do with niburu (planet x) lol, they say it will be coming around in 2012, i found it ironic that the release date will be 12-12

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Klaatu Verada.........necktie......nectar......nickel.......it's an "N" word, it's definetly an "N" word.....

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Why do they feel that a remake can only be made by actors that are bigger than the movie ?
Keanu Reeves, Tom Cruise, Jim Carrey they all got so hyped that they overpower the movie with an expectation of something huge.
Why not put a good actor in there and let us enjoy the movie instead of watching another failed career resucitation attempt.

doctor: Charging!

nurse : Clear!

Keanu : "You should let me go."

producer: Flatline!

director: Cut!

key grip: This dude sucks.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join