It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronaut Dr. Edgar Mitchell (Apollo 14) Interview - COMING SOON

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Thanks To THE BORG For Suggesting This Guest.

See BORG's Original Guest Request Thread

VISIT Dr. Edgar Mitchell’s HOME PAGE

On January 31, 1971, Navy Captain Dr. Edgar Mitchell embarked on a journey into outer space that resulted in becoming the sixth man to walk on the moon. The Apollo 14 mission was NASA's third manned lunar landing. This historic journey ended safely nine days later on February 9, 1971. It was an audacious time in the history of mankind. For Mitchell, however, the most extraordinary journey was yet to come.

As he hurtled earthward through the abyss between the two worlds, Mitchell became engulfed by a profound sensation "a sense of universal connectedness." He intuitively sensed that his presence, that of his fellow astronauts, and that of the planet in the window were all part of a deliberate, universal process and that the glittering cosmos itself was in some way conscious. The experience was so overwhelming Mitchell knew his life would never be the same.

Scientist, test pilot, naval officer, astronaut, entrepreneur, author and lecturer, Dr. Mitchell's extraordinary career personifies humankind's eternal thrust to widen its horizons as well as its inner soul.

His academic background includes a Bachelor of Science in Industrial Management from Carnegie Mellon University, a Bachelor of Science from the U.S. Naval Postgraduate School and a Doctor of Science in Aeronautics and Astronautics from MIT. In addition he has received honorary doctorates in engineering from New Mexico State University, the University of Akron, Carnegie Mellon University and a ScD from Embry-Riddle University.

Dr. Mitchell has received many awards and honors including the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the USN Distinguished Medal and three NASA Group Achievement Awards. He was inducted to the Space Hall of Fame in 1979 and the Astronaut Hall of Fame in 1998. He was a nominee for the Nobel Peace Prize in 2005. After retiring from the Navy in 1972, Dr. Mitchell founded the Institute of Noetic Sciences to sponsor research into the nature of consciousness as it relates to cosmology and causality. In 1984, he was a co-founder of the Association of Space Explorers, an international organization of those who have experienced space travel.

He is the author of "Psychic Exploration," 1974, "The Way of the Explorer," 1996, (Third edition, 2006) as well as dozens of articles in both professional and popular periodicals. He has devoted the last 35 years to studying human consciousness and psychic and paranormal phenomena in the search for a common ground between science and spirit.

POST YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!

[edit on 10/21/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Dr. Mitchell, first I have to offer my most profound respect to you, and the other Apollo astronauts. There, that's out of the way...

You spoke of a "sense of universal connectedness" could you possibly expound upon that a bit more?

Thank you for agreeing to this interview.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
this is amazing! thank you dave for putting this together.

mr. mitchell,
sorry to ask such trite questions.
do you think we will see disclosure within our lifetime? (next 40 years or more)

can you talk at liberty about any anomalies that you may have encountered while in space?

kindest regards and thanks for taking the time out for the interview!

[edit on 10/7/2008 by zooplancton]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Dr. Mitchell,

Thank you for taking the time to speak to us in this forum. You are a great American and I am sure you will hear that alot in the coming replys. I noticed that you had toned down your original statements when interviewed by the main stream media as opposed to when you were on the lesser known radio programs. Were you asked to do so by NASA? I am pretty well convinced that there is way more truth to the UFO matter than the general public is alowed to see, but how will that information be able to come to light with the current restrictions that are in place? Do you have any plans to release new information in the coming months? I realize it must be very dificult to know what you know and have to play the game as you have for so long. I only hope that soon the real story will come out. May God bless you and thank you for all you have done.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Dr. Mitchell,

I am wondering if you could elaborate a bit on your experiences with Dr. Steven Greer years ago. Is it true that he has briefed very high-level people in the military and goverment - the CIA Director, the Head of Intelligence for the Joint Chiefs of Staff etc etc?

What did he have in the way of documents, hard data and evidence?

What is your opinion of CSETI and the Orion Project, are they legit projects or just money-making scams, as many skeptics say?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Dave, thank you for setting up this site

Edgar, you are a true hero and thanks for giving me to time to ask you some questions.

1) Did you see any alien spacecraft or structures while on the moon, please describe?

2) If any alien spacecraft or structures were seen, did NASA make you cover these issues up, how so?

3) What is the moon really made of?

4) What is the moons gravity, Ive heard many ideas and would like to here your opinion.

Sorry if any of these questions were repeated or if you already answered them. Besides you being an astronaut and true hero, I do not know you that well.

Bubbapug1985

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave Rabbit

Dr. Mitchell,
Thank you for coming forward.
Can you see the U.S. economy really taking off when the advanced
technology at Area 51 is released and explained? How many high
paying jobs will be created when we start to mine the asteroid belt
that is between Mars and Jupiter?
I think we need a Starfleet Enterprise Corporation to keep track of
all the titanium, copper, gold, silver and platinum we will bringing
back to Earth.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Mr. Mitchell,

I have nothing but respect for your courage in coming forward with the information you have obtained over your career.

I have heard that some astronauts have experienced very strange effects while being in space, such as hallucinations of geometric symbols and other sensory phenomena. Can you please explain if you have had any similar experiences. Thank you

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Again....thanks to Dave

Hello Egdar....Have listened to many interviews with you before.
Tried to think of a question to ask you...that I haven't already heard!
So here it is....

Edgar....At what age did you know ,you were going to be an Astronaut?
And what were the reasons for your chosen career?
And last question ,would ever come to Australia....for an interview?
As I'm sure many poeple would love you to visit.

waiting for your interview...Bek

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Dr Mitchell,

Do you think that, since the recent publicity of your story concerning the UFO subject, others who have been in a like position to your own, e.g. astronauts, scientists, military officials, etc., will now feel more inclined to come forward with their stories?

Also, if you are able to comment, and without naming names, do you know anyone else who is planning to come forward?

Many thanks for this opportunity both to yourself and the folks ATS.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Dr Mitchell:

As an attempt from someone very far out of the loop to digest events surrounding the space program, hypothetical aliens and yourself, I would be honoured if you answered truthfully the following questions:

1) Are you or have you ever been envolved in or member of any societies or groups, secret or otherwise? (Examples would be freemasonry, religious organisations, scientific think tanks, etc etc). If yes, which?

2) Does any of your NASA colleagues to your knowledge have any involvement or membership in such societies or groups, secret or otherwise. If yes, which?

3) How would you address the failure in confidence of the broader population in established institutions like governments, financial corporations and, for example, NASA, in the light of the many lies and manipulations that the information society has uncovered.

4) What is your position on the whole chemtrail/weather seeding debacle?

5) What is your position regarding the hypothetical project bluebeam and the seeding of a new global religion?

Very hard on the spot questions which I fully take responsability for should ATS decide to pose them.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave Rabbit

Just a simple question...

How did it feel to walk on the moon?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Dr.Mitchell,first I want to thank you for your service to this country and the human race.I have two questions I would like to hear your opinions on.First,what is your take on singularity,as expressed in Arthur C. Clark's Book, "Childhoods End"?I am fascinated by this book.Second,Why do you think we have not been back to the moon?Shouldn't our technology allow us to go back sooner rather than later as has been proposed?Thank you very much sir,live long and prosper!

[edit on 023131p://2317 by daeoeste]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Hey Dr.Mitchell, thanks for coming on the show. I’ve got one funky question for you:
Having been on the moon, what are your thoughts on the claims of John Lear that the moon has an atmosphere? Is this some secret NASA has been trying to keep secret or is John Lear full of it? Lets hear it from someone who has actualy been on the moon

[edit on 8-10-2008 by funky monk]

[edit on 8-10-2008 by funky monk]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a question that has always made me think 'this cover up is laughable',anyway heres the question and its a little tricky to word,Why do EX army,military,airforce always wear their consignias,usa badges etc,even after they have since long retired yet show up on new documentaries roswell etc and still deny and even stick to the weather balloon stories even though this has been rubbished,it seems to me that by sticking to the orders that they have been given years ago and are still carrying out ignorance they are only harming themselves by coming across as ignorant humans.and will follow orders till they die,yet a lot of ex military,airforce come across as normal when describing what they have seen(ufos,aliens) and they have a duty to let humankind know what is really out there and not so many of them still wear devotion to america on their sleeve,does that make sense.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Hey Edgar, respect.

Do you wish you could go back and experience your travels again?

What was the most beautiful thing you saw or felt while on your journey?

Any thoughts on the afterlife?

Did you see or feel anything that you would like to share, that would make us "wonder"?

Thank you, have a nice day

[edit on 8-10-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Its an honor to have you on the Forum Dr. Mitchell !

I dont know alot Dr. Mitchell but Im all ears ... and i hope you can answer our questions in a knowledgeable fashion.

I only have 2 question really...

Did you ever get to travel around to the dark side when orbiting the Moon?

If so, did you experience any weird noises , acoustics , or humming while traveling through the dead radio zone on the dark side?

I listened to an audio tape that was edited but before a obvious edit and astronaut talking into his own recording said "...do you hear that noise?" Than the tape jumped ahead a few minutes into the middle of a conversation. Clearly something was editing out of that audio.......any opinions?

www.youtube.com...

Thank You

[edit on 8-10-2008 by Alferd Packer]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
What was it you felt when coming back to Earth that changed you life?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I just want to add my thanks to Dave Rabbit for arranging this thread.

The prospect of hearing Dr. Mitchell's responses is exciting, of course. But, I would not presume to ask so many questions.....when many have already been answered by various interviews, over the years, that Dr. Mitchell participated in.

What I would prefer to see (my personal preference!) is a narrative from Dr. Edgar Mitchell. Not just answereing random questions, but simply putting forth, on a record (if the internet can be considered a 'record') his observations and experiences, as he remembers them.

I'm assuming, and I'm not some 'shill' here....but I tend to remember that Dr. Mitchell has written some books.....so, instead of pestering him with questions, go buy (or go to your local Library) and read his books.

In fact, I will make it my point to go to Amazon, or any other online bookseller, to find any and all of Dr. Mitchell's books, buy them, and read them for myself.

As to my earlier reference to a 'record'....the "Internet" certainly has some crediblility, but books carry a lot more literary 'weight' (no pun).

OK, that spout behind me....I would caution members to do some own investigating....

If no one has ever HEARD of Dr. Mitchell, until now....then it is a shame.

Dr. Mitchell is a valiant and brave proponent of the truth. Bar none!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I'm sure there are better questions but I figured I would just throw it out there!

Was the moon everything you dreamed it would be and more?

Thanks again for answering questions, that's very nice of you.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join