It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Job Approval At 25%, His Lowest Yet: Gallup

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Bush Job Approval At 25%, His Lowest Yet: Gallup

www.gallup.com

PRINCETON, NJ -- President Bush's job approval rating is at 25% in the latest Oct. 3-5 Gallup Poll, the lowest of the Bush administration, and only three percentage points above the lowest presidential approval rating in Gallup Poll history.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Hmm, I can't tell whether this is a rigged poll, or whether that high of the population is STILL gulping down the kool-aid...Who in the HECK STILL APPROVES of this walking nightmare's job?!?

I just saw in another recent gallup where only NINE percent of people are satisfied with the direction things are going, so why the discrepancy between the two? More blame being cast on the ever-worthless and criminal congress?

I can't believe this guy is still rated ABOVE Nixon! Nixon was like a choir-boy compared to these maniacs...

The 25% approval rating is one point higher than Richard Nixon's lowest job approval rating of 24% measured in the summer of 1974, and it is just three points higher than Harry Truman's all-time Gallup low job approval rating of 22% measured in 1952. No other presidents have had job approval ratings of 27% or lower in Gallup Poll history.The current poll recording Bush's low job approval rating was conducted after Congress passed the economic rescue bill on Oct. 3.

www.gallup.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7-10-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
And it ain't over til the fat lady sings.

Dubya still has about three and a half months to screw things up a little more. I'm not making any promises, but I'm guessing it will get below Truman's.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Thatsanotsobad.

President Bush got a whopping 22 percent approval rating. But that number was still better than Congress did. Only 15 percent in this poll said they approved of the job the Congress was doing

more here

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
While not having a recent gallop poll, I would imagine that Bush's 25% is astronomically high compared to the congressional approval rating which was around 10% before the bailout bill.

I would imagine it (both Congress an Bush) to be significantly lower among those that planned to retire soon as their 401K statements inform them otherwise this week.

But as the markets continue to fall post bailout, we should be happy that we haven't heard more stories of executive expense reports like the $440,000 one from AIG a week after their $85B bailout package.

Source as is usually requested to back such claims.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Thatsanotsobad.

President Bush got a whopping 22 percent approval rating. But that number was still better than Congress did. Only 15 percent in this poll said they approved of the job the Congress was doing

more here

Which would make another thread as it has nothing to do with this topic.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by wisefoolishness

Come on people I don't think he or his administration is going to care about approval rating. They are on the way out very soon. The only thing that he may care about is how he will be portrayed in the history books. All his other cronies will be getting top jobs in conglomerates owned by their buddies.

Its time for a revolution! You guys need to vote someone into the White house who really don't want job but has the ability to do so. Ability to be a true leader is paramount. Why would anyone with any ounce of intelligence want to be President. Look at Obama and McCain why are they fighting so hard for a top job that has lousy pay, no privacy whatsoever, and no freedom for your family. I supposed that there are perks but are they worth the price that the position asks? The whole family will be affected. I supposed initially it will be cool. The best of everything at their beck and call. To be treated on par like royalty. I wonder how they will feel when whoever gets in has to make a decision on life and death situations. How will he feel when he has to send someone to their death. I wonder if they will feel anything at all.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I heard on the radio yesterday that Bush's approval rating was 22%. Personally, I do not know ANYONE, Republican or Democrat, who thinks Bush has done a good job of serving as President. Everywhere I go, I see bumperstickers that say 01-20-09. People cannot wait for this presidency to end.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Really, is anyone surprised at his dismal approval ratings. This nation's been dragged through the dung heap for the past eight years. The economy's in the toilet. His bailout plan is clearly against the wishes of the people.

This is essentially non-news.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I now the bailout plan is against the wishes of the people, but does the bailout really belong to Bush?

I don't think I've even heard his name mentioned as often as one might expect.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Yeah, because if it wasn't for Bush, we wouldn't be in this economic mess.

Oh, wait, that was Carter and Clinton's fault. My bad.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

There is no way it's at 25%, who is this 25% of the American people? (Mama, Daddy, and Jeb Bush don't count...and does not equal 25%)

Never mind I just added up the total...

Wall Street+ Large Oil+ Military Industrial Complex + AIPAC + All Neocons (From both Rep, and Demo parties)= 25%

Ok, now it makes sense...

[edit on 8-10-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Man...

Well, there are things that Bush IS doing right...

Does that equal to about 25%... Mabye... I mean, no major terrorist attacks have happen... but can that realy account for 25%???

Its amazing though, that as bad, and as imcompetent as Bush JR is, he still has an aproval rating 2x's that of congress...

And the last think i have to say is...

I love when mods post off-topic 1 liners... Just a Great demonstration of how ATS runs...

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I heard today congress is at 19%..
When are we going to forget party crap and vote these do nothing lawyer clowns out..

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Does Bush's approval rating really matter anymore anyway? The guy's toast, he's a has been, he's out, and good riddance too!

new topics

top topics

join