It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food manufacturer stocks perform well while rest crash!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I sorting through my lists of stocks still doing well this week. Guess what, at the top of the list was Campbell Soups. So I did a search of competitors and they also are doing relatively well while everything else is tanking. Here's the short list: Campbells Soup CPB, Con Agra CAG, Heinz HNZ and Sara Lee SLE. Check them out.

Campbell Soup has been making a 13% profit this year which is better than most corporations. Makes you wonder why they are doing so well.

Now if I was going to stock up the pantry for coming tough times, what would I buy a lot of? Canned products, especially soups! I've been noticing this trend for a couple of weeks now, thought I'd get the word out!

What do you think?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Wow, if it is true, it would be very interesting and maybe even alarming at the same time!! Especially as winter isnt even here yet!!

Gonna have a look myself and see which ones are doing well and which not!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Makes sense. Even I've stocked up on food, just in case, and have requested of my family to do the same. In the event of a miracle and we somehow come out of this all peachy and keen, then I'll just have a bunch of food lying around. Oh no.

new topics

join