It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Live weather satellite showing the same

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
It clearly states right above that image what the black spots are.

Sometimes there are large, irregularly-shaped black regions on this image. These are missing data -- sometimes the satellites don't cover the whole area. The satellites are often designed to give complete coverage for more populated areas, meaning that the more remote areas aren't covered as well. Sometimes too, data is just lost in transmission due to solar activity or other technical problems. Try again later, and the black areas will have moved or vanished altogether.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheila947

Maybe you could post that info in the gadzillion other Google Earth object threads?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheila947

Sometimes there are large, irregularly-shaped black regions on this image. These are missing data -- sometimes the satellites don't cover the whole area. The satellites are often designed to give complete coverage for more populated areas, meaning that the more remote areas aren't covered as well. Sometimes too, data is just lost in transmission due to solar activity or other technical problems. Try again later, and the black areas will have moved or vanished altogether.

Beat me to it thanks. Also you'll notice that over north and south pole they'll change shape but rarely disappear sine they don't task satellites to do pole fly over's

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sheila947

We can't let common sense get in the way of a good* story

*meaning a bad story

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
the pentagon shape is the result of a putting all the different images together to make the overall earth shape. This is a composite of several images each with a straight horizontal top and then wrapped. This leaves a geometric shape where all the image meet. That is all.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I see a lot of chatter about the shapes at our poles, has anyone even considered and connection to the Jupiter and Saturn shapes at thier poles?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
forget google when you wanna look at live satellite photos.

www.goes.noaa.gov...

The best place to look at up to date images is the noaa goes weather sattellite website.

Unfortunately I don't see any huge UFO's in that pic. Too bad because I would of liked to seen a few myself.

Here is a mstat image

Here is a meteostat image

Here is a link to the significant image page.
www.osei.noaa.gov...

Take a look at the archives. Maybe you'll see soemthing interesting.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Very nice i like thanks for the post i will definitely check it out.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
So, let me get this straight. A super advanced group of enlightened beings wants to announce themselves and their approach is a "mystical message" to a deranged psychic followed by a showing on Google Earth?

My answer to the Galactic Federation of Light would be simple, # off and dont come back until you grow up and learn to communicate like adults

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by afaik
IT's just changed

astro.uchicago.edu...

Damn, I'm getting sucked in now

Here is a quote FROM THE WEATHER PAGE WITH THE PICTURE:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sheila947

doh! beat me too it

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by silver6ix
So, let me get this straight. A super advanced group of enlightened beings wants to announce themselves and their approach is a "mystical message" to a deranged psychic followed by a showing on Google Earth?

My answer to the Galactic Federation of Light would be simple, # off and dont come back until you grow up and learn to communicate like adults

Lol, Very true!

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Just curious, but could it possibly be a phenomenon similar to this, but it's being blacked out?:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

If it were similar then the phenomenon on Saturn would not be very mysterious.

Nothing is being blocked out. It is missing data, not blocked data.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by afaik

Do you guys even read the links you go to ?

Sometimes there are large, irregularly-shaped black regions on this image. These are missing data -- sometimes the satellites don't cover the whole area. The satellites are often designed to give complete coverage for more populated areas, meaning that the more remote areas aren't covered as well. Sometimes too, data is just lost in transmission due to solar activity or other technical problems. Try again later, and the black areas will have moved or vanished altogether

That's listed with the picture.

Edit---

Crap I got beat by like 15 people.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by whoshotJR]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

Thank You.

Please Moderator - close the stupid threads before Above Top Secret starts to look stupid.

Honestly - you'd think people have never seen satellite images before... For the past like twenty years we've seen these types of scenes where multiple images are put together to form a larger more complete image. And FOREVER there have been sections missing - basically where no satellie coverage exists...

These people annoy me so much.

This thread should be CLOSED...

Please close all the stupid threads!

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join