It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China cancels military contacts with US in protest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

China cancels military contacts with US in protest

wiredispatch.com

China has abruptly canceled a series of military and diplomatic contacts with the United States to protest a planned $6.5 billion package of U.S. arms sales to Taiwan, American officials told The Associated Press on Monday.

Beijing has notified the U.S. that it will not go forward with several senior level visits and other cooperative military-to-military plans because of the sale, which was announced last week, Pentagon and State Department officials said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Huge news are running, when everybody is looking to financial strorm, and its changes.

Selling arms now to Taiwan is a clear provocation, and China has make the same than Russia sis with US provocation at Georgia.

So. Russia and China has no cooperation with US. Where do you think US wil get any loans to safe their economy now? They are running out of friends, and when oil is cheaper every day, soon Arabic countrys start to look only their own interests... Where you loan when Euro is loosing its value fast?

I think provocations are now high on US maniac government, where they see only one option to end this crisis: With another.

wiredispatch.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
This is bad news. We're making enemies all over the world. What happened to our great nation?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

hmm I agree on the American aggression and this for sure is a provocation but what do you say to China selling weapons to Iran knowing our standing with them at the moment. Thats kind of a provocation too isnt it?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This story probably isn't that big of a deal. When I first saw it, I was taken aback also, but then I thought about it. We've been selling weapons to Taiwan for a long time, and even once in a while China makes a big deal about it. Same as how every once in a blue moon we will complain about their human rights record or oppressive government.

China is just as tied in with us economically as anyone else. More so even. If we fall, they will eventually fall. My dad, who is a pretty astute observer of the economy, told me that his opinion was this bail out was more or less to pay off debts owed to China and Saudi Arabia. Both of those countries were also packaged large amounts of these CDS's or whatnot.

So China is probably just pissed off at being owed a lot of money (and being robbed also) by the corrupt and greedy and possibly soon-to-be bankrupt American capitalist military-industrial-government complex and are rattling their large sabre.

I do think though that Taiwan is none of our business. Having the United States cease to be Team America: World Police is also a high priority of the next government.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by Mad Max]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Absolutely.

Then you have Russia selling weapons and doing joint maneuvers with Venezuela... the whole thing with Georgia...

It's a friggin' mess and all we can seem to do is fan the flames.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
reply to post by JanusFIN

hmm I agree on the American aggression and this for sure is a provocation but what do you say to China selling weapons to Iran knowing our standing with them at the moment. Thats kind of a provocation too isnt it?

We wanted the Chinese and the Russians not to sell weapons to Iran. Did they listen to us? Nope.

So now when the US does the same exact thing we are the bad guys???

Interesting... interesting indeed.

Perhaps we should change "Don't Tread On Me" to "Please, Tread On Me AS Much As Possible."??

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Yes we don't want Iran with weapons from Russia or China, but Iran is a recognized country, where as Taiwan is NOT, not even by the U.S.. We suspended formal diplomatic contact with them under Reagan so we could start selling weapons to China, which is probably alot more of a money maker. Also, since both Bush's, and Clinton followed suit, we are not in a position to piss off the Chinese, soldier for soldier, person for person were better off, but we are on the verge of a macroeconomic collapse, with the E.U. as the best per capita now and the Chinese with the largest total economy we may want to rethink some of our decisions.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Things are always changing.
Maybe one day, your weapon will become property of an united China.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by gs001]

new topics

top topics

join