It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of a Model that won a contest

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
Could be a piece of plywood painted black, strung with lights (plus a laser-pen on a servo)and suspended from a "pokey" little RC helicopter.

Would explain no sound and the lack of directional movement.

Those suckers are hard to hover even in the daytime.

Not impossible.

[edit on 9/10/2008 by nerbot]

This guy knows what's up. A star for you.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Down Under

You ignorant little "snip"!

Your comment is rude, ignorant and shows just how narrow minded and self important you "think" you are.

You obviously never consider any possibility other than the one that suits your tiny little way of thinking.

Good luck in your box

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
It looks real. We also have to consider the fact that todays digital technology resembles that of CGI. As Digital Cameras expand in compacity, so will it be harder too tell fake from real.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
HOAX.

I just heard fifteen minutes ago on Coast to Coast AM that this is an admitted fraud, part of a contest to see who could make the best UFO.

According to the guest, Joshua P Warren, this was created by some guy named Jeff Wilson (I think that was his name.)

www.hoaxresearchcenter.com...

Many of you heard this also, I am sure.

According to Warren, someone lifted video that was clearly labeled to be part of the contest, and made up a back story about this being a real UFO.

www.ufocontest.com...

So there you go. Very bizarre story, if it is true.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Buck Division

Yep. I am listening to C2C as well. Warren's story seems to check-out. This craft is a 2007 fake UFO contest entry by Jeff Wilson.

Here's a video of their 2007 event. Go to 1:56 and you'll see the model.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Confirmed: It's not a real UFO, just a model made by Jeff Wilson for a contest
wich he won by the way. Researcher Nick Redfern also reports the story.

www.ufomystic.com...

Last year’s winner, and 3-year champion, Jeff Wilson, created a triangular helium-
lifted craft, remote controlled, with multiple stages. He was able to scan the
audience with a laser, release smoke to enshroud his creation, and even switch the
craft’s lighting structure instantly, producing the illusion of a different object.

CONCLUSION: What a hard lesson for those involved in creating this tale.

No Irish UFO Footage
No, it really it's not good, it's fake
No politician, no pilot spot UFO

The whole title is wrong, manipulated just to attract the attention and equals to
disinformation. We don´t need this here.

No video of a cheap camera found in the Smokey Mountains. Fake created by a
hoaxer using the pseudonym jnd1996 in Youtube. What a ridicule and absurd story,
who could be so dumb to belive it? Besides this guy used Mr. Wilson's ufo model
in his own benefit to get publicity creating disinformation and this is known as act
of piracy. How pathetic this parasite is and those who promoted him.

What we need here is to RESEARCH before posting dubious materials from even
more dubious sources to avoid creating and disseminating disinformation wich
is a severe plague in the ufologic communities, we don't need this here.
Next time do your homework and Research.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I thought this was going to end up being a model ,the laser was the thing that gave it away for me.Cool model though and fooled alot of people.I think if you are going to fake a ufo video you can't beat a model using a balloon or rc helicopter,it beats cgi any day much harder to debunk. Will they ever release the irish footage?

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Woooowwww!!!! This kind of contests are reaalllly great!

It shows how UFOs can be faked!

Woooo nice!

The implications are astounding! The probability of ALL of the footages and pictures of being fake is HIGHLY probable!

This is a great revelation indeed!

Alien UFOs don't exist folks!

Woohoo! Victory!

[edit on 11-10-2008 by AntisepticSkeptic]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AntisepticSkeptic

They are not all models.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
The belgium one is a confirmed hoax on the hoax thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=4728047#pid4728047

It looks very similar to this one in CGI, except they forgot to keyframe it properly when compared to the lampost.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I believe that the triangular craft are ours built with back engineered technology from alien craft crashes in similar to Roswell between 1940 - 1980's,I believe the technology was back engineered by siemens,phillips and other corporate electronic companies. The technology was built around devices that were given to each company in order for their electronics wizards to figure it out. Each company didn't know that the devices were extra terrestrial.

The triangular craft has technology that allows light to bend around the object thus making it invisible. I am not a scientist I don't know how this is done but its what I have been told, and what I believe to be true. The triangular craft has the back engineered technology to accelerate and decelerate like nothing you have ever seen before, it makes its own gravity inside the craft. The three lights seen on each point of the craft are not lights as such they are the power points of the craft (like the exhausts pipes on cars) the lights seen are sort of emissions. if one was to stand under the craft and view this, it would be extremely dangerous I believe also that the lights emit radiation.

Although this particular video may have been proven as fake please make up your own mind whether or not they exist. Lastly, I hope we all get to see one in all its incredibly gigantic awesome glory in the not so distant future.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

O rily?

No evidence to back up your statements?

As uuusual?

Oh by the way, the title of this thread should be renamed:

[HOAX] Is this the Irish ufo footage (yes this really is good)
politician and pilot spot UFO [HOAX]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
THE ORIGINAL MODEL FOOTAGE (CLAIMED AS UFO)

Here it is, the original footage of the competition with audio showing the now infamous
triangle UFO model by Mr. Jeff Wilson that won the competition. Perfectly debunked by
L.E.M.U.R. watch the famous triangle at minute 3:23.

www.ufo-blog.com...

Final thought: The stupid Youtube user jnd1996 got his minutes of fame by fooling people
with a fancy tale about Smokey Mountains and stealing Jeff Wilson credits to build a
ridicule hoax that got headlines. Lesson learned and thanks to those who exposed this
pathetic guy's fakery and piracy. End of an embarrasing episode.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by free_spirit]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit
THE ORIGINAL MODEL FOOTAGE (CLAIMED AS UFO)

Here it is, the original footage of the competition with audio showing the now infamous triangle UFO model by Mr. Jeff Wilson that won the competition.

www.ufo-blog.com...

End of an embarrasing episode.

Hi Free_Spirit, noticed the link to my site and thought I'd drop in and say cheers!!

So, cheers.....

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MorningStar8741

No I have always wondered about that.
If you are trying to be stealthy, don't put Christmas lights on your ship!
I just chalked it up to a side effect of their propulsion system.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

What we need here is to RESEARCH before posting dubious materials from even more dubious sources to avoid creating and disseminating disinformation which is a severe plague in the ufological communities, we don't need this here. Next time do your homework and Research.

However, with posting it in threads like this, and having people look at it with a suspicious and skeptical eye- like what I did in posting the enhanced screengrab, and people's questions and comments, it was dragged, kicking and screaming, into the light. Homework and research goes along a lot smoother when you have more heads than one.

I have every tool one would need (on a computer) to hoax a UFO. So I always look at footage and pics with a squint. And no, I don't fake 'em. if I do something like that, I would let people know. Unless it was April 1st. Everyone would find out April 2nd. :-D

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
It has now been reported in the "Sunday Times "online, that the Meath ufo maybe nothing more than chinese lanterns.Interestingly they have used the fake smokey mountain footage as an example( I wonder where they got that idea from?:lol www.timesonline.co.uk... Im am still not sure if this is case is closed and it seems that the owners of the footage will not be putting it up on you tube.Instead will only be showing it in ufo meetings.Please can someone attend one of theses meetings and secretly film the damn thing, and don't forget to post it here.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by AntisepticSkeptic
Woooowwww!!!! This kind of contests are reaalllly great!

It shows how UFOs can be faked!

Woooo nice!

The implications are astounding! The probability of ALL of the footages and pictures of being fake is HIGHLY probable!

This is a great revelation indeed!

Alien UFOs don't exist folks!

Woohoo! Victory!

No, it doesn't mean UFO's do not exist at all. It means that the manner by which we investigate such footage/events requires more than a single video with no background, little information pertaining to the relative location of the object and that we need to NOT instantly claim one way or another that something is true or false.

As with all the other footage of alleged UFO's, without any collaborating evidence to support it, at best we can merely wonder what they may be, and any evidence tending to lean more towards something being fake (Not necessarily hoaxed) allows us freedom to state our personal opinions as such, as was the case with this footage.

Multiple witnesses, multiple reports, multiple sources of footage, images etc. That is what is needed for there to be 'the best proof ever'.

In my opinion there is still very compelling footage out there for the existence of 'something' unknown and in the air. Whether they are of alien origin or entirely terrestrial, is one of the questions to ask.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
so i guess this debunks the "irish" ufo as well since that video and this one are 1 and the same?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join