It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I feel astrology and numerology don't work

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
One of the problems I have with so-called modern astrology is, if it is calculated by an inaccurate man-made calendar how can it really be accurate?

For example, how can anyone really say this is the year 2008? Just because somewhere around 2008 years ago a group of men came together and said lets make this the start of the calendar, and now it's been approximately 2008 years since then? So what? What really makes this the year 2008 beyond that?

You can't make a birthchart or predict anything with astrology without the correct year. So if this isn't really the year 2008, how can astrology be even nearly accurate?

Perhaps the sun sign could be at least somewhat correct because the months always recur at the same time and season each year. Though there are other astrological systems that place the ruling planets at completely different times of the year than so-called western astrology. So if you followed one of these other systems, your chart would be completely different.

In the case of numerology (from the so-called western system), why does A = 1, B = 2, C = 3, D = 4, etc? Just because A is the first letter B is the second? Why not A = some other number? Seems far too juvenile and inaccurate to me to correlate the system that way.

Or let's look at your birth number. How can it be correct if we don't even have the right year to calculate it properly? And again, why should January be a 1, February be a 2? Why not start in March like astrology? Or on the longest day of the year, or perhaps on the shortest? Some cultures started the year at the beginning of winter.

Humankinds inventions of date and time etc. are just man-made systems that that are unable to be used to calculate these systems, with our current understanding of them, and therefore you can't really get an accurate form of astrology or numerology from them imo.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I agree. It's the biggest crock of poopoo ever invented.

Everyone's life differs from the next person's, the numbers change per person.

Like rolling dice.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I agree that the systems we use for our numbers and alphabet are arbitrary, which leans heavily toward your stance on numerology. However, it does not hold water, in itself, in regards to astrology. To clarify, let's say Joe Smith was born at 0917 hours on April 17, 1964. We could be using a system that says he was born on the 12th day of Zygot in the year 6347. Regardless of what we call that particular day, we can accurately state that at the precise moment he was born and from the location at the moment of birth, that the planets were precisely aligned with the stars in this specific way. That is the basis for astrology, not the particular calendar we happen to be using.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Don't work? Do not work? Doesn't work? Does not work? What are you trying to say? plucky has been drinking, yet, I am being straight with you. I am upset at the very notion of this thread and lack of rhetorical care that was taken to create it. Tis not to say we cannot be friends. Let's be friends. But, please, next time, refrain from such usage.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
okayt, ia m relaxed, it seems creect, I think. sorry for the outvburst, there was this guy trying to smooth-talk me earlier...

new topics

top topics

join