It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tonights Town Hall Debate Discussion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Are the 24 in the 'town hall' reading the questions off index cards or a teleprompter?

Cards, which proves they did not write the questions themselves. otherwise why need to read it and stumble over it? it's a giant conspiracy.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Finn1916

Did you really think that actual American citizens would get to question the candidates on national television?

God forbid that either would get asked an original question....

link   
I'm waiting for Brokaw to just say it...

"get to the damn point already!"

link   
McCain says My Friends twice in one answer (so far)

and refers to Obama as "that one" with a finger point - WOW what an insult!!

link   
In the last 5 mintues he's said MY FRIENDS nearly a dozen times. And in this last statement so far he's said it 5 times. He's going to have alot of people over for Thanksgiving!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Wait a minute.....I'm canadian and he's calling me his "friend" as well. Sweet I better get a good present from him for christmas this year.

He did call me his "friend" after all.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
This 'my friend' thing is getting on my last nerve. I am sure some one will tally at the end. I think we are on 40.
Unfortunately, if he has a flesh colored two way in his ear we won't ever know if it was just his hearing aid.
I've seen better looking alzheimer pts. John kicks off and chicky baby will be on the red phone with Putin going 'you betcha'. Believe me, not that I'm crazy about Obama either.

[edit on 10/7/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Finn1916

Originally posted by jpm1602
Are the 24 in the 'town hall' reading the questions off index cards or a teleprompter?

Cards, which proves they did not write the questions themselves. otherwise why need to read it and stumble over it? it's a giant conspiracy.

I believe that the questions are highly screened so that no one is asking about the evil robots trying to take over earth. We couldn't have that now could we? However the local radio station is offering bucks to anyone who will ask.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Now see if it was me, I would take the card, act as though I was going to follow their rules, and then slam them. Nothing better than having them caught off guard. And what is Tom going to say..HEY WAIT,THAT ISN'T THE QUESTION WE TOLD YOU TO ASK~

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I want one of the people there to ask about Same sex Marriage and watch these two stumble over it like Palin and Biden did, that was classic in the other debate :p

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
"Thank you for the question...."

&

"My Friends"

are the terms of the night - along with the flying mud

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I don't recall "fining mothers who can't provide healthcare for their children" as part of Obama's health plan. I think McCain might be making a bit of a stretch there.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Hair transplant joke went down like a lead balloon...

How about the gold plated taps in your mansions John?

Might have a cadillac stashed away too

link   
I came in late... But this "town hall meeting" seems like to me is a bunch of B FREAKING S!!!! Same old talking points, same old he voted this way well he voted that way BS!!!! and OMG Nuclear energy!!!! HELL NO!!!! We can fix our freaking solar, wind, and micro hydro up first, hell we can subsidize electricity PERIOD through complete commitment to alternative power production. And this health care BS!!!! I KNOW OF NO HEALTHCARE PLAN THAT INCLUDES HAIR TRANSPLANTS....Gold plated healthcare packages indeed!!!!

HANDCUFF THE BASTARDS!!!! Handcuff them and put them in Angola Prison.

link   
Healh care is a fundalmental right as far as im concerned. The government has a right to keep it's citzens as healthy as possible. But then again I'm Canadian, and i still dont understand US health care one bit.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Hey, Obama actually directly answered a question!

"I think it should be a right". (health care)

Now, let's see him swim away from that...

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I read somewhere that Skeletor's $5000 tax credit doesn't go to the individual, it goes to the health care proividers. Looking right now for where I read that.
Also this is how his policy would affect someone in my profession.
www.ble-t.org...

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
wow, with all these "My friend's" if i hadn't spent half my life in catholic school, my liver would not be able to handle it.

link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

well drwizardphd... obama just got done saying he thinks insured children should be mandatory.

link   

Originally posted by Trayen11
I'm Canadian, and i still dont understand US health care one bit.

Don't worry, my friend
, we don't understand it either.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join