It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the stage be set tonight? (Is this our 'false flag'???)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tenfly

I have been a tad bit nervous about this day when I read that troops were being deployed in Georgia on Oct. 1st.

The body containers that have been stockpiled outside of Atlanta along with the curious lack of gasoline in Tennessee, kentucky and Georgia have my antenna up and tuned in. Let's not forget the detainment camps that are now staffed and ready to recieve.

It makes no sense the Bush boys would just surrender all that power, pack it in and move out.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
And so we have arrived here, in a situation so poignantly emotional that
the slightest rumor of goodness or escape is met with conditioned
disbelief. A pre-conceived idea of hopelessness.

Change is what we need.
Change is coming.

It's just that . . .

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

For me though the emotional level they are speaking about would be higher, back in 9/11 those 5 days after it happened thats all that mattered in the world, it dominated every tv channel day and night for this 5 days, thats all everyone talked about, schools closed and the world stood still for at least those first 48 hours.

I'm not seeing that here, thats not to say this crisis is not serious because it is, my rrsps have lost 20% of thier value over the last few months. But as a comparison i just dont see it, I mean The OJ verdict have gotten just as much coverege latley.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Just a few minutes ago, somebody sent a comment to CNN about them worrying about the secret service and Obama's security. I wasn't actually worried about this until I read the article posted by tenfly. Has anyone in the mainstream media seen this article before?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trayen11
I mean The OJ verdict have gotten just as much coverege latley.

I would have to disagree. In fact, I think the OJ trial is a red flag about how bad our situation is right now. There has been very little coverage on it from what I've seen, and under normal circumstances, the media would be going ape-crazy over it right now. This is OJ we're talking about. This is the man that people watched in that trial during the 90's that dragged on forever. He was then found innocent, and we never heard the end of it since. He's now going to jail, possibly for life, and the media is hardly covering it at all. All I keep hearing about is the economy. It's even overshadowing the debate tonight, Which reminds me that I'm getting off topic. Back to Obama now.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Curious_Agnostic

Where did you find the information on the comment of security sent to CNN?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
THIS IS IMPORTANT. I THINK YOU SHOULD ALL READ MY REPLY.

This is a very interesting thread to me because I have been thinking something along this for as far "barack" as 6 months ago. I have always thought that this man was going to be assassinated as sad as that is, but for obvious reasons.

Let me tell you something about the South. I am 23 years old and I have lived in southeast Tennessee my entire life. Let me start off by saying first that most of us are not ass-backwards, hillbillies, or racists or whatever word you think of when you hear "the South." It is no secret that: the South is known for being Pro-Republican, has a history of slavery, segregation, and racism more than anywhere else in this country. RACISM is still very prevalent in the South, I can assure you of that. Their are so many white people down here that are still intolerant to blacks it's ridiculous. The KKK is very well alive down here as well as many "Pro-white" groups down here. I have to encounter this everyday due to the fact that I work in the automotive industry. A lot of the attitude is, "I just don't think we can let a black man be president." It's unfortunate that me and a lot of other good southern people will always be associated with this type of mentality, but I guess that's just the nature of the beast.

Now let's think about this rationally. The last debate was in Mississippi and nothing happened. This state is known as having the largest hate and race relations problems in the history of the United States. Now we move onto Nashville, Tn, only 2.5 hours from where I live. This is a largely Republican city and is "The Country Music Capital of the World." Not to stereotype, but I think we all know the general mentality of the people that listen to country music- Pro-Republican and Pro-everything America.

Now, take all this in with the fact that things are getting very very heated on the campaign trail. Racial slurs against Obama are being shouted at McCain/Palin rallies. All these are taking place in town hall forums. Where is it taking place tonight? Town- Hall Forum!!! The weather forecast for Nashville is dark, gloomy, rainy and stormy....

Take all these ingredients and mix them together: We've got one hell of a turbulent, nasty, ferocious, scary night ahead of us. If there is any October 7th prediction that really could come to fruition, ladies and gentlemen this is the one.

Text

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

Oh, that was just a comment that somebody sent on that twitter thing. I was just pointing out how there are others worried about this. At least one person anyway, but I'm sure there's more.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The Dow dropping another 500 points today is pretty dramatic. The foreign markets will probably have similar drops tomorrow as they react.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trayen11
reply to post by Dermo

For me though the emotional level they are speaking about would be higher, back in 9/11 those 5 days after it happened thats all that mattered in the world, it dominated every tv channel day and night for this 5 days, thats all everyone talked about, schools closed and the world stood still for at least those first 48 hours.

I'm not seeing that here, thats not to say this crisis is not serious because it is, my rrsps have lost 20% of thier value over the last few months. But as a comparison i just dont see it, I mean The OJ verdict have gotten just as much coverege latley.

I know its hard to get this but your media is completely covering this up. News channels in every other country in the world are talking about this for 45 mins out of every hour.

Global banks, investments corporations and even countries are going bankrupt, millions and millions of people's lives in the western economies are completely ruined.
YOUR MEDIA IS SIDELINING THIS WHILE YOUR POLITICIANS AND CENTRAL BANK ARE RAPING YOU!!!
Open your eyes! Just because it is not badly affecting you does not mean that this is not happening.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 7/10/08 by Dermo]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The real story of today is:

Pakistan on verge of bankruptcy! Seeks 100 billion bailout.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

You are correct in your analysis of our media. They have been sidelining this and many other things. The fact that we have troop deployments within our own shores...something that has not happened since the civil war and the media does not find it important enough to cover goes to show what a bunch of over paid puppets they are.

I am conerned that our wonderful leaders have a bit more in store for us other than the rape of ours and your economy.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
this is to eerie! this is the exact conversation my husband and I were having this morning. My thoughts are that they will find a "credible assassination attempt aghainst Obama right before the debates are about to start." these fellows(fall guys) will be your typical good ole boy racists trying save humanity(mcveigh style) and that sets off a fire storm of racial tension. Emotions on high!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I just had another revelation. An attempt at assassination has already happened back in mid to late August.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by edgecrusher2199

perfect storm indeed. but never fear 'cause measures have been put into place to quell such as the unruly, rebellious southern states.

as a southerner i can attest there are many who still hate their fellow man, those that think they are superior to another human being is unacceptable.

i am ashamed but i will rebel against our leaders and should have a long time ago and read every single bill/act passed the last 40 years. while i was tiptoeing thru the tulips my children are now in la la land.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072
To Tenfly, how can you be so oblivious,

"What if, Mr. Obama is, in our current time, our JFK? Obama stands for change. Obama has gathered the attention of the public for CHANGE, after all that the US has been through, there are many that have hope that Obama can bring that change."

Do you really honestly, like SERIOUSLY, believe that statement? I feel sooo terrible for you and people like you who believe so whole-heatedly in the absolutely corrupt government that you guys have LET take everything away from you.

Obama was simply who the corporations lobbied into the position hes in, hes still there for greedy, selfish, reasoning - not to change the country for the good. We already lost that chance when Ron Paul lost.

Ya, I'm aware of all of that. I was just posing the question in a particular way. I know he's corporate, won't lead to change, and so on and so on. It's just interesting how he's been sold SO WELL to the public that they have emotions on him. Good time for those emotions to come in to place I'm thinking.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Keep in mind also that plans for this debate have been in the works since November of last year. That is plenty of time to plot an assassination.

From Wikipedia:

Presidential debate

One of the on-campus advertisements for the Presidential Debate at Belmont
On November 19, 2007, The Commission on Presidential Debates officially chose Belmont University to host one of three Presidential election debates on October 7, 2008.[14]President Bob Fisher gave a press conference on November 19 announcing the news, expressing great excitement towards the opportunity to be a part of something so historical. He added: "It is an amazing honor, a tremendous responsibility and a fantastic opportunity for all of us. We will be privileged to see the frontlines of the political process and engage with a vast array of professionals and scholars, all while witnessing the significant benefits this event will have on our university and the local Nashville community." Belmont was chosen out of sixteen finalists. The Debate at Belmont is different from the others in that it is a "town-hall" style debate. In a Town-Hall debate, questions are fielded from the audience.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
obama isn't for change. he just knows how to work the public while wearing a suit and saying the right words. if he's president the only thing that is going to change is the color of our president's skin.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
There's a bigger chance of Sarah Palin being shot than Barack Obama. He's been protected by the Secret Service since summer of '07. He's probably the most protected candidate or president we've ever had in this country. He would only be taken out if the behind-the-scene leaders decide he needs to go. No random assassin will get near him -- ever.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join