It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of you have seen UFO's?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 09:04 PM
link   
In my life, I have seen several Unidentified Flying Objects, but I can not judge as to whether or not they were of extraterrestrial origin. If anyone wants to know actual details of any of my sightings, U2U me.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Gwar, check out this link below. I dont know if these towns are NW Kansas, but there were a few reports listed on the National Reporting Center for Sept 2003 in KS. Hope it may be of help for you.
www.nuforc.org...

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I saw something actually a couple weeks ago on a flieght to Pittsburgh. I was right of Pitt when is saw four lights at the same level as the clouds. Three of them were in a triangle shap. then the other light was swurving in and out of the three others. I dont know exactly what I saw but it was pretty weird and nothing like ive ever seen before. Reflection? UFO? I dont Know

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 02:45 PM
link   
In Germany when I was in the US Air Force stationed at Ramstein Air Base.

I was walking from the base library back to my dormitory. It was a cool and clear night and I was on the side of the base away from the flight line so it was fairly dark except for minimal building and street lighting. On an impulse I stopped and looked up at the sky - great night for star watching. What I recall seeing was 2 or 3 white "points of light" in a small group each suddenly emit a laser-like red beam of light towards a point in the sky. Then these 2 or 3 white "points of light" which were stationary suddenly accelerated with a rapid burst of speed and converged into a single white "point of light" at that location in the sky where their red beams of light had met. Then this single white "point of light" just moved off at an incredible velocity and was gone.

I remember thinking that I had just seen a "real" UFO. No military aircraft (prop, jet or helicopter can move that quickly). I never told anyone what I had seen. Not that is was afraid to, I just never felt the need to do so.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 10:41 PM
link   
i may have seen one but i cant b sure if it was REALLY a UFO or not

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I have seen ufo's about ten times. Never close. I see black helicopters all the time. They are normal around here. Taken on test flights from the Boeing factory.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Ive seen UFO close to a military base here in Sweden. A bright light, looked like a big ball up in the sky and then it kind of faded away only to show up next to where it was from start and then the light faded again and it got smaller and smaller each tima and after a couple of minutes it was gone.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Members:

While I, like some of our fellow members, have seen "something" several times in my fairly long life that didn't seem to be within a normal or usual explanation, I did have an encounter many years ago. This occurred while I was serving in the USAFSS at a Airbase in Northern Japan. This encounter was verified by Base Radar, An on-board Radar on a USN plane while airborne and several U.S. Military, JASDF (Jappanese Air Self Defense Force) and Jappanese Security Guards.

What was it? I believe it was a true "UFO", I only observed the object for perhaps 25-30 seconds as it passed over where I was, while gaining speed and altitude. I had also had the opportunity to "see" the object on a large radar-scope for perhaps 1 minute or so. A very strange encounter, one I will never forget. The official explanation was that what was observed was a rare aerial electrical corona. It was not.

Keep up the good work, USAFSS-SP (oldgi-US)

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Ive seen many. This one is the most spectacular, well to me it is. A friend and I were in my room watching TV, we look out the window and see a bright flaming glowing object (it was no sauce shap, no disc shape) just a glowing big ball of colors. It flew like directly over the building (maybe 75 feet above it), and that was it. I wish I could vividly describe what we seen but its impossible. We tried to chase it though on foot and of course we didnt get far. Another one, I was walking and I looked up and see a ball in the sky. Then this ball splits into another ball and fly off in seperate directions. Nothing much there but still outta the ordinary.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Check out this site for black helicopters

www.crystalinks.com/bh.html

I know that some kind of Kiowa Chopers are Black and unmarked..

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I have had 2 UFO sightings in my life.

The first was on a midsummer night over 15 years ago.

I was looking out my bedroom window into the night sky and something caught my eye. Very high up in the sky there was something with multiple colors moving in the sky. the colors were like a blended rainbow comet.
It moved south then suddenly reversed north and then reversed to south again then it went out of site.
this all happened very quickly. As an adult three things stand out as odd to me.
1. the distance this thing was from the earth.
2. The colors of the lights.
3. the immediate and rapid course changes stopping on a dime and resuming speed almost instantly. The laws of inertia would make this impossible on a human.

The second sighting was at a drive in theatre just 5 years ago. My husband and I took the kids out for a movie as we often did at the drive in and that night we had my young cousins with us as well. Sometime mid film out of the corner of my eye I noticed a golden glow and turned just in time to see a golden sphere about 5ft tall pass our van hovering just a foot or so above the ground. Whatever it was, it was glowing and incredibly fast. it took off towards the sky shortly after passing our van. Everyone in our van saw it and all pretty much shouted at once. "what was that?"
Of course I doubt we will ever know.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by joehayner
I haven't.
But then, I have had some unexplainable things happen.

Voices, more than 20 helicopters and jets in the sky at once, loud sounds, oddly moving clouds, shadow people, and people I know were watching me.

(They were watching me. They followed me for an hour on the road, I stopped and got out of my car at the place I was going to. They stopped in the middle of the highway, by the driveway, and waited until I got in the building. Then sped away.)

Uhhhh do you happen to be a meth user?

Just kidding man. Seen similar things myself.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I think i seen a UFO. because a couple of night ago i went to sleep early at Nine but through my a blue light was coming through like an aurora. And i know it wasnt car lights cause it was too blue. it wasnt the northern lights cause i live in Florida, and i know it wasnt one of those big flash lights because it was brighter than that.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
in '96 i was for 3 weeks in the 'Ikazia' hospital in rotterdam.
in the second week there' i was talkin on the phone with my father when i saw a ufo. when i told him what i was seeing at that moment, my father said i went mad.
maybe.
But a week later someone came to visite me and brought me a newspaper with the confirmation that 11 people had seen the same thing.
by the way that someone works for justice and defence from the dutch government.

Since that day i work 24 hours a day to find out the truth.
and sometimes i wishes that i didn't know what i know now today.

Humanity first

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Here is my sighting...excure it for being a little old as I recorded the experience as soon as I got home. Here it is nonetheless:

Last night December, 21 2003, my girlfriend and I were driving back from her family Christmas party in Hutchinson, Kansas and heading down the highway. We were coming into Lyon, Kansas when my girlfriend spotted a green light moving extremely fast across the partly cloudy night sky. When I say fast, I mean fast, as it covered approximately 2-3 miles in about 3-4 seconds.

We didn't really think much of the object, but continued to watch it closely. Then all of a sudden the object simply came to a halt off the right hand side of the road. I told her to pull the car over because I wasn't going to miss something that we both thought was extraordinary.

She pulled the car over and we both got out, still watching the object. It hovered about 50-100 feet in the air for about 5-10 more seconds...yes, it was really close to the ground!!!

Then all of a sudden without any movement a blinding white light came on, followed by another less brilliant red light. We could clearly see that the shape of the lights formed a triangle!!! Then, without moving or turning around, like a helicopter would do to position itself on the right path, the object simply "backed up" from its hover and flew directly over us where I was able to make out the ship clearly.

The city had illuminated the partly cloudy sky and created a pink haze over the region. As the object moved over us it passed under this illumination to where we could clearly see the outline of the object was a perfect triangle with some sort of spherical object on the underneath side. Since the object was so close to us we approximated its size to be about 2-3 football fields long and possibly the same wide!

By this time our jaws had pretty much hit the ground and we were awestruck. After moving over us it continued on its path and hovered over the horizon for another 4-5 seconds before it shot up into the air at an incredible speed......I kid you not, it must have been between 600-1,000 mph at the very least!!!!!! It was so fast that as it flew up into the stars it created a white streak behind it! We watched it disappear somewhere into the stars at that incredible speed!

It could not have been a helicopter because it was so close and yet produced no sound at all. It was also much to fast to be one and moved in different directions.

It could not have been an airplane or any other man-made aircraft as it simply came to a complete stop from those incredible speeds, and the fact that it was so close to the ground (and us)!

Lyon, Kansas is a quite rural town and was the last place we ever thought we would see something like this!

...so thats it. Quite an amazing sight being that it was so close to us!

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I've seen only one. It was a white blurry oval disc in the sky. When it moved, it was awesome. No human aircraft can move the way that thing did. The movement is was mostly a zig zag with rounded corners and their acceleration/decceleration is crazy.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Ive seen em three times. One night on guard duty in germany, one night in central california, and once in Arizona.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
In Hawaii at the observatory one week end we saw a couple of "weird" things--never could agree what they were. At Owens valley one summer we say "something" that did not remain long enough to get a photo. In Northen Maine a few years ago we saw some "lights" while campling. These were all "unidentified" but likely of natural or man made origin.

So I guess I have seen some UFO's

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I don't know if what I saw was an actual unidentified aircraft or if it was an aircraft, but I saw something hovering for about 5 seconds as I drove by.
But it was lost by the threes.
It was near some water tower and it was disc shaped and silver as far as I remember.
It could've just been something part of the water tower... I only caught a glimpse of it.
I just kept driving since it was on the highway.

[edit on 8/2/2004 by GuerrillaFuunkstaahh]

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I have seen "lights" which I could not reasonably explain.

Not counting any seen before the age of 25 the list goes something like this:

Number one:

Two red lights at night. They were a quarter length (held at arm's length) apart. Distance unknown. For all descriptive purposes they looked like the non-flashing red lights on top radio towers or smoke stacks. (If this were the case I would not be saying they were unidentified.) Length of time: between me and friends they were observed 80% of a period of slightly more than an hour. (watching two red lights do nothing is not too exciting after the initial "wtf?" wears off)

We were near the county airport, so at first we thought it could be a plane on final approach, except they didn't come closer, and they stayed "on final approach" for over a very long time.

While observing another area of sky this same night (same time period), I observed a very fast moving plane (no reason to believe it was anything other than a "fast moving plane") approach from the direction of Wright Patterson AFB (about 80 miles away, and this could have been a coincidence), I followed this plane and watched it come in and circle the area where the 2 red lights were. This is when I noticed the two red lights were gone. (none of my friends were paying attention at the time the lights "left"
) The fast plane circled 3 or 4 times then headed back in the direction it came from.

This encounter was dubbed by my friends and myself as "the UFO pretending to be a plane stuck on approach for an hour that called had to call for a tow truck"

Number two:

Same location on another night following the "red light incident". I was watching what I would describe as a high flying plane, when a "yellowish/white sparkling flare like thing" came from the "plane" and travelled in an arc shaped pattern the length of a dime at arm's length.

We dubbed this one "the UFO pretending to be a plane that shot an arky sparky thing out its rear".

Number three:

Sometime that same night, I was focusing my attention to the sky toward my friend's house, another friend was facing the opposite direiction. The entire front of house lit up in a white light for a short amount of time (less than a second). I turn around quickly to see what had caused it, saying to my friend "What was that?" He replied "Did you see that?" I replied "No, all I saw was the front of the house light up, what was it?" He replied "I don't know." He refused to attempt to describe what he had seen.

We dubbed this the "giant neuralizer". (this was prior to MIB2)

Number four:

Many years later, different location. All by myself. Night time. I saw a series (maybe 5-7 in close proximity) of white strobing lights "hovering" slightly above a hill (actually a "foot hill"). I was driving, and didn't have time to pull over, but I observed them the best I could for an entire 10-15 seconds until a curve in the road took them out of sight.

There are usually no lights in that area (let alone strobing lights), and to the best of my knowledge there are no roads to the top of that hill. When I had time to come back that night (no more than an hour later), it was no longer there.

Number five:

Six months to a year later:
A helicopter. I saw a helicopter landing at the local hospital.

Quite funny actually the tricks one's mind plays on it until you rationalize what you are seeing. Life flights landing at that hospital is a rarity so it wasn't on the top 10 things that went through my mind.

However, a week or two after that, close to the same location as the helicopter I saw a series of strobing lights. This time, "Helicopter" was the first thing I thought. Colors were red white and blue. Half an inch length (at arms distance) For all intents it looked like a larger version of modern police strobe lights. And had it not been hanging in the air over a mountain (which was another larger "foothill") I would have thought it was a police cruiser with its lights on. I pulled over on a 4 lane highway and watched this for about 5 minutes. it slowly moved up and down, but that was about it. I decided it didn't appear to be a heliopter, and it wasn't likely I could identify it. I stored the mental image and other info away in my "UFOs pretending to be flashing lights file", and continued on my way home.

I did some math on this one a few months later. If the lights were directly over the mountain, it would have been about 300 ft long.

Number six

Daytime. I was out playing with my kids in the yard. Something caught my attention in the sky from the corner of my eye. It was a Saucer/cigar shaped white "wingless plane". I only saw it for a 5 seconds or so when I had to quickly turn my attention back to my kids. After making sure I was safe from "kid play" (about 5 seconds), I looked into the sky looking for the thing again, and didn't see any sign of it. It was a cloudless day, and I saw nothing at all.

No measurements were taken, but he image of it was clear in my memory. The impression I got from the few second of viewing was that it wasn't "very high" in the air. Which left me with the impression that it wasn't very big. Maybe about the length of a Cesna. I heard nothing but "kids playing".

And there are my "UFO encounters" over the last 8 years or so. I am certain there are explanations for what I saw. What those explanations are, I can not say.

Oh wait, almost forgot one.

Number 3.5

Day time, about 2 years before number 4, and about 2 years after number 3.

I heard what sounded like a jet fighter, except this sound pulsed. It hard to explain exactly what this sounded like. Imagine having the sound of a jet recorded on tape, and turning the volume up and down every second or so.

(I grew up on Nellis AFB, NV in the 70's so the sound of a jet fighter wasn't something that was unfamiliar to me.)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join