It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haunted Merry go Round Pic. Creepy!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I don't know if this has been posted or not, tried to do a search but nada.
On C2C this morning a listener sent a pic that she took from her cell phone, here's the link:
www.coasttocoastam.com...

The pic is very creepy but I am not an expert. Anyone want to take a jab at this?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Nothing that comes through C2C is credible in my opinion.

They'll believe anything. I won't.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

I understand.
I know we have several imo expert photo analyzers here on ATS so I thought I would bring the link here for further dissection.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I would hate to be the ghost that had to push for all eternity instead of riding. Ghosts are supposed to be hard to photo, Hence there is a lack of creditable photos around, but here we find a bunch posing like they are at the Sears Portrait Center. Just dont add up to me.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Photo looks fake to me. Someone was messing around.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Now the photo looks like it 'could' have been taken with a cell phone, with the JPG artifacting and all, but the dead givaway that this is NOT a photo from a cell phone, is that the FLASH is way too bright. I have a 4 year degree in photography, and Im working in photography now. This is a fairly bright flash, on camera I would imagine, maybe even a hotshoe flash. Regardless, if it isnt even described correctly, then I would guess that it isn't real in the first place.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Yeah I have to agree. it just looks way to fake to me.

In all fairness though Im not a "photo analysis expert" though.

As has been said ghosts are supposed to hard to capture on photograph. All these "ghosts" showing up this well seems a bit fishy to me.

My NON expert photo analysis? someone took a photo of people on a merry go round and went to town with photo shop.

I would like to be proven wrong as I do believe in ghosts, but in this particular case I doubt I will be.

Either way it is an interesting photo and I have a feeling this thread will be interesting so I am going to star and flag you.

At the very least this thread has the potential to teach a few how to judge ghost photos just a little bit better.

peace

[edit on 7-10-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

This is one of those TOO good to be true photos.

But then again we have encountered a group of "people" sitting around the dinner table in a house we used to rent...

Cheers, Fox.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Creepy - yes.

Likely real - no.

Sadly, these days a digital photo is no longer usable as evidence of anything thanks to the leaps and bounds editing has advanced. True, some photos we overlook due to the 'could be CG' argument might be real, but i'd rather not be fooled once let alone all the time.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
It is definitely very creepy, and I would love to believe it's real, but I really don't think ghosts would 'pose' for a picture. What's next, an autograph session?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Do anGoogle image search for "kids on a merry go round", and behold the original photo that these fake children were lifted from.
It's small, but it's a match. Debunked.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
OK a few things that stand out, sorry about my really bad paint job.

Heres the original...

Heres an edit with a couple of strange things...

1. There is a shadow being cast by one of these "apparitions"

2. If you look at the supports, there is a weired "illusion" happening.
They seem too criss cross each other, where in real life this can't occur.

This image shows what I mean...

Very clearly a fake, who ever did this, took a long time too do it, but they missed a few things.

Cheers, Fox.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Nothing scarier then a bunch of creepy dead kids accept maybe Pomeranians or clowns.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Very cool pic,its been a while since i've seen anything half decent or worthy of discussion,
1stly it dosn't look like anyone posing.

2nd the shadow thats been pointed out is a bit sus.

3rd similar effect can be created by sandwiching the negitives.

im far from an expert but did 4 years of photography. Good pic but hard to say,i'll see if i have an old one i made a while back and show u guys what i mean by sandwiching.

good post

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
The photo isn't real. It was created using CS3. It didn't take long to create. Took 10 mins to create (when you shrink down an image it doesn’t have to have perfect cropping). What took the longest was finding an old photograph that would work as an overlay.

As to the person pointing out errors.
1. The image in its current state is heavily pixilated and a flash was used to take the picture. Also we had had a lot of rain; the shadow is actually a puddle. You can see that it's a puddle on the picture I posted on myspace.

2. Again, the picture is heavily pixilated. The supports are not overlapping. If you can see the picture 3-d in your head, you would realize it’s just the perspective of the camera view point creating the illusion. Look at the picture on myspace.

I have had a blog on myspace for over a year. You can see a better image of the ghost kids and you can tell its and obvious fake (said before: "When it's shruken down, doesn't need to be perfect").

blogs.myspace.com...

I found out a group (NORS. Northeast Oklahoma Research Society ) wants to come and investigate the William Park's Ghost Children. I laughed. There is an article coming out tomorrow. 3rd time my picture has made the local paper www.bighearttimes.com

Funny how quickly things spread....What started on a cell phone eventually went to email. I had an old friend from Upstate NY send me the pic in an email. I sent her the original photos after that.

Thank You to all those that believe in things without proof.

Oh and just to let you know. I am married to a paranormal investigator. He has been in the game for 13 years now. And I am a believer in "ghosts" (for lack of a better word).

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
It's clearly a fake, from the evidence supported by other posters and for one other fact: who would take a picture of an empty merry-go-round in the middle of the night? Unless it's rumored to be haunted, then there would be a point.....

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Hm yeah...I would have to say fake, because for one its a fixed photo. If it was a video maybe, but then it would still raise questions. I'm sure it was just someone who was unpopular who wanted some attention.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Clearly a fake. I'm fairly confident I could duplicate with my cell phone and my computer in a couple hours.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Looks too much like a negative superimposed on the original, the people are too well formed, shadows by a ghost? C'mon, this is a hoax even by first glance. There is nothing in the background?

Sorry I am not buying into this one, but it is a good pic, even though its fake.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by redeyedwonder]

new topics

top topics

join