It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where, and How is the best way to buy GOLD?...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Was extremely curious to hear this coming from you guys at ATS. I don't really post I lurk and consume as much as possible though. Figured I'd hear more answers here than any where else, so that I could research.

And to the Mods I apologize If this thread is in the wrong place, feel free to remove it and direct me to the proper forum, this looked like the best fit for the question posed.

Basically, I am interested in applying the money I save from here on out into precious metals. Obviously would like the safest , most discreet , least taxed, and reliable company/product. Anyone had any experience or looked into this yet?

-William

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Just heard on the news that the US Mint has run out of gold coins.

Best come to Canada and go to any Bank of Nova Scotia branch and they will have lots.

JK

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I too could benefit from more education on this subject.

Does anyone here at ATS have any good or bad experiences to relay to the community here.

One of my English friends moves several hundred thousand dollars of his life savings into Gold in 2003 - after showing me several charts on the upcoming collapse.

It took a little longer than he expected, but he was right on the money - and is sitting pretty right now having bought in the $500 an ounce range.

He gave me some good advice, but I didn't have a lot of investiment capital at the time, and I have since lost all contact with him through the normal channels.

(perhaps he is living it up on an island somewhere now)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Yes and I was reading some more this morning and they expect gold to hit a sharp point and double for the paper standards currency market. I heard around 2k$ an ounce...

Link to the article here..

Obviously only the powers that be are the only ones that can predict where it will land (to some degree), but understanding of how our economy and monetary system works is proof enough the trend will most likely continue to rise.

I wish I could have bought the gold at 500/ounce. Like I said before, all my savings are going into things that wont lose value, I have never trusted the Federal Reserve, but I have (at this point) lost all faith in our currency.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by DjMeiyo]

top topics

join