It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by RRconservative
Originally posted by justyc
politicians should just be banned from mentioning the opponent or opposition before elections. they should just stick to talking about what THEY are going to do if they get in (and be held accountable for it if they do get in).
It's amazing how quick people are ready to throw out the 1st Amendment when it effects their favorite candidate.
It's amazing how many things you can't say about Obama.
1. Can't mention his former pastor and mentor, Reverand Wright.
2. Can't mention his middle name is Hussein.
3. Can't mention his questionable Muslim roots.
4. Can't mention he is one of the most liberal Senators.
5. Can't mention that he voted for infanticide.
6. Can't mention that he is closely associated with terrorist Bill Ayers.
7. Can't mention how he worked out a deal with slum-lord Bill Rezko to obtain his mansion.
8. Can't mention he has big ears....just ask Maureen Dowd.
9. Can't mention the possibility that he is not a natural born citizen, and is not eligible to run for President.
10. Can't mention his lack of experience.
11. Can't mention that he tried to legislate defeat in Iraq.
This is just right off the top of my head....I could go on and on.
Originally posted by Open_Minded Skeptic
Side effect of what we are discussing here
Another related thread showing the consequences of the McCain/Palin effort at demonization and fear/hate mongering.
Originally posted by Grafilthy
reply to post by sos37
The reason people find this so serious SOS, is because we have had the Pavlovian reflex of: Terrorists kill; Kill Terrorists beaten into our brains for the last 7 years. So, when the McCain campaign repeatedly associates a United States senator and terrorism.....and people are yelling out loud to "kill him" at a political rally, yes I have a problem.
What is really disturbing....is people like yourself defend it.