Obama Hatred At McCain-Palin Rallies: "Terrorist!" "Kill Him!"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Obama Hatred At McCain-Palin Rallies: "Terrorist!" "Kill Him!"

www.huffingtonpost.com

McCain was speaking today in New Mexico, doing his usual personal attack on Barack Obama, as the stock market plummeted (you can see the ticker next to McCain on the screen, an apt reminder of what McCain and his fellow Republicans represent), and McCain asked the crowd "who is Barack Obama?" Immediately you hear someone yell "terrorist." McCain pauses, the audience laughs, and McCain continues on, not acknowledging, not chastising, not correcting. Oh, but McCain does say in the next sentence that he's upset about all the "angry barrage of insults."
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7-10-2008 by grover]

====
Mod Edit: Large quote trimmed
Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.
Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7/10/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
The writer of this article is correct in noting that

McCain's in no way responsible for the utterances of anybody in his audience

HOWEVER... this is what happens when you demonize your opponent... people. especially the unstable and/or extremists can take it for a call in action.

If McCain and by extension, Palin have any real sense of decency they will cease this line of attack... because what if someone in their audience does take action and cites their inflamatory rhetoric as justification... it will be very bad not just for McCain and company, but our nation...

... We do not want to devolve into politics by assissination.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Are you saying that McCain implanted some kind of subliminal suggestion into the crowd that made someone yell "terrorist" ?

Thats rediculous.

People are gonna say what they think and feel, especially at political rallies and events.

Its no different from all the spouting against McCain done by Obama's groupies.

Put blame where it belongs..on the one who said it.

Before you go off on a political rant, Im not for or against either candidate. I think both of them are worthless and no matter which one ends up becomming the next hood ornament of this country, were all *snip* either way.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 7-10-2008 by RFBurns]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10/7/2008 by maria_stardust]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
It does sound as if they are making some VERY big comments on Obama, calling him a terrorist and all. That doesn't sound like it would sit very well in Tennessee.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Are you saying that McCain implanted some kind of subliminal suggestion into the crowd that made someone yell "terrorist" ?

No I am not... I think you missed the part where I agreed with the writer that McCain is not responsible for his audience...

... What I did say is that when you demonize someone especially to the extent the far right has a tendency to do... then if someone who is either unhinged or extremist takes it as a call for action... then there is a problem... especially if he already knows that there are such thoughts out there...

... and by the way it goes the other way as well.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
McCain's campaign has made this terrorist connection act a focal talking point. You hammer home a message enough times (regardless of the actual facts) and there will be people more than willing to believe it.

The fact that his campaign has to resort of a smear campaign and fear-mongering, instead of concentrating on the core issues facing this nation, ought to tell you something. McCain's treading deep water and tiring fast.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
A buddy of mine (and a former Republican) said a few weeks ago that McCain and Palin are the epitome of white trash. I totally agree with him at this point. And these people are our 'prospective leaders'; just another symptom of the cancer that infects our society. Not that i'm defending Obama, and they're all basically the same candidate once they take office anyway - assuming either candidate actually takes office in January. More reasons than ever to write in Ron Paul, but of course why would the masses actually use their minds and do that!

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Chris Matthews yesterday voiced his theory that McCain and Palin are putting "bait" out to their supporters and then letting them "connect the dots". So, McCain looks innocent...

A few of the dots:

*Palin is all over the "terrorist connection" to William Ayers
    *A police person in uniform spoke at one of their rallies, stressing Barack Hussien Obama
    *McCain and the RNC are making a big deal of checking Obama's donations

McCain keeps asking "Who is Barack Obama"?

Well, my God, man! If you don't know him by now, you are a complete and total idiot! Obama's been under close scrutiny for 4 years now, he has written 2 books detailing his life story... Anything you want to know about Obama, including his family tree, is on the Internet. His life is literally an open book and McCain is trying to make him out to be some mysterious character, not surprisingly, using people's fear to get ahead in the election... And, not surprisingly, people fall for it.

This is Bush/Rove tactics all over. Trying to appear pure and innocent while making suggestions that Obama is a terrorist, a Muslim and a lying cheater. They don't come right out and say what they want to say because they don't have the courage. McCain is a coward. And he's using "gosh-darn-it" Palin
(who is more than willing) to get his message out there.

I can't believe people don't recognize what's right in front of their faces. :shk:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Ok agreed then.

Yes it can go the other way too, as I also stated, the Obama camp has said many things towards the other camp....basic back and forth fling ding politics.

Chick-a-boom chick-a-boom...dont ya just love it!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
This is Bush/Rove tactics all over. Trying to appear pure and innocent while making suggestions that Obama is a terrorist, a Muslim and a lying cheater. They don't come right out and say what they want to say because they don't have the courage. McCain is a coward. And he's using "gosh-darn-it" Palin
(who is more than willing) to get his message out there.

I can't believe people don't recognize what's right in front of their faces. :shk:

I agree up to a point... thing is though if Rove were in charge of these smears and attacks they would be far more organized... instead McCain and company are behaving more like bird shot scattered all over the place which says more to me than anything that they are becoming unhinged.

Where McCain and Hillary Clinton converge is in this... they both thought that this was to be their election to win then comes along Obama and pulls the rug out from under their feet and neither can/could handle it.

link   
You realize if they do happen to smear Obama to a point that he doesn't feel he has a chance to win, or the DNC feels he doesn't..he may drop out of the race..then we'll have:

Hillary Clinton

There was an email rumor spreading that Biden was going to drop and be replaced with Clinton, but I havn't gotten the copy of it so I don't know the source. But I've always thought she would have her paw into running for president..not VP

interesting for sure lol

Just write in Ron Paul..much better off that way!

[edit on 10/7/2008 by toepick]
edit - found a link about that email...I heard it from my Parents oddly enough when it first passed around..which was about 2 months ago?..maybe they got a different one who knows..still weak, but you never know with rumors lol
source

This trend of painting Obama to be a terrorist tho, I think this is going past some kind of line and should be ashamed of themselves. I don't like any of the lot, but as much as I don't like Obama its still a really low blow. More reason in my mind to vote for another party or just write someone in.

[edit on 10/7/2008 by toepick]

link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Yes but Obama's camp has been nowhere near as nasty as McCain's.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
politicians should just be banned from mentioning the opponent or opposition before elections. they should just stick to talking about what THEY are going to do if they get in (and be held accountable for it if they do get in).

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
What can I say, it also reflects on what sort of people lean towards McCain. In that particular audience, in the OP -- numb skulls.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by justyc

I love that quote from Wavy Gravy and have used it before as a signature as well. Salute.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

I too do not think he is responsible at all.

That's not the real issue imho. I think it's unprofessional and not very presidential of him to of ignored it. He should have said "Obama is not a terrorist, he's just not the right dude for the job, etc".

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
New rule:

...For God's sake, before you go to a rally, please do not neglect your morning coffee.

Folger's in your cup, people.

End comment.

Jeez.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I agree with you whole heartedly and really that is the issue by not saying anything it implies that he implicitly agrees.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I question your judgement in posting this thread since it seems like an attempt at political baiting to achieve a pro-mccain response and back and forth squabble.
i will take the high road on this one and leave you to it.

g'day!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

And if someone takes a pot shot at Obama after attending an inflamatory McCain rally?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join