It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran: US Warplane Forced To Land

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

of course. You'll have to excuse me, i'm very tired

It does make sense if we start thinking like that.

CX

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Fox News were just saying that it was not confirmed that it was a military plane, but possible a small pasenger plane.

I'll wait for more details on this on i think.

CX.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

HAHAHAHA nice call mate. I'm U2Uing you a beer as we speak.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

lol......tis true though. I can't even imagine this scenario being reversed. I know alot of people are going to say this is all Iranian propaganda and it never happened, but if Iran wanted to do that, wouldn't it have been much better propaganda to say it was an F-16 or something?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
What the hell!!!! There is zero coverage of this in America. I've been flipping around every news station for 40 mins and not a word.

But R.Kelly suing some guy seems important enough to make all the tickers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   

The semiofficial Fars news agency said the plane was American, but the state-owned Al-Alam television quoted an unidentified senior Iranian official as saying it belonged to a European aid agency. Neither report said when the incident took place.

Iranian fighters guided the plane to an Iranian airport, the passengers were questioned and a day later were released and allowed to continue to their destination, Fars reported. It said the plane was a Falcon, apparently referring to a passenger aircraft manufactured by the French firm Dassault and primarily used by business executives.

news.yahoo.com...

Seems that a lot of people here would rather spin than "deny ignorance" and gather facts.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Could the "falcon" be of this kind rather then the military type F16? Makes sense for civilians to be aboard than. www.dassaultfalcon.com...

CX

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
What the hell!!!! There is zero coverage of this in America. I've been flipping around every news station for 40 mins and not a word.

Much as i hate to say it, try Fox News, they have mentioned it a few times in the last hour. Thats after all the Obama bashing that takes priority there at the moment.

CX.

CX

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
They are now saying it was possibly an aircraft from the European aid agency.

Hopefully we'll get some facts soon.

CX.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Skt news is reporting that the plane is Hungarian with no Americans on board, then again this is from Iranian state tv.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
BBC are saying it was an American jet flying low to avoid radar, so its anyones guess at this stage

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by geek101
... Why would civilians be in a fighter plane?

Special ops (actually military, but made to look like civilians), or mercenaries.

Possibly high level scientists, attempting to give info to Iran to avert a regional war (warning, tinfoil hat supposition).

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by selfisolated
BBC news links here:

news.bbc.co.uk...

Apparently this has originally come from Reuters via the Fars news agency in Iran.
Intentional or not, I believe the US are going to be not so unhappy about this.. adding to the tension between Iran and the west surely isn't a bad thing to the Americans, they're really enjoying war right now.

Relax, most likely it's just another piece of propaganda from the regime in Iran to their populace.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Another question would be, how far into Iranian territory was this incident? The Iranians are masters at propaganda so i wouldnt bet on the legitimacy of this story only emanating from the Iranian side at this stage.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
CNN initially had breaking news covering this story.
The anchor said something to the effect... This just in reports saying a US fighter jet has been forced down in Iran (I got that "oh crap" feeling in my gut and listened intently) then the anchor went to some special correspondent at the pentagon and she said that the pentagon is saying all of their planes were accounted for and maybe it was a civilian plane.
Back to the anchor guy and he looked seriously befuddled and almost whispered that he would keep us updated.
And that was it...
Smells fishy to me, maybe it was leaked to soon.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by theblunttruth

CNN said Tehran before the story evaporated.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
OK thanks, it just doesn't make sense for the US to send a fighter jet over central/northern Iran. Any recon would have been done by a drone and/or surveilance aircraft, not a fighter/interceptor. It sounds like Iranian propaganda all over.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
More Iranian paranoia. the plane wasnt even Amrican!!! They are so scared that any plane they dont recognize that comes into their country they imeediately think its the US LOL.

Now they are reporting it is Hungarian:

"A plane forced to land in Iran after it accidentally entered Iranian airspace was a Hungarian plane, and not a U.S. aircraft as originally reported, according to Reuters."

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The title of this thread needs to be changed. Yet another attempt by Iran at propaganda and another case which highlights the MSMs sheer incompetence.

Reports that the jet was a US warplane with military personnel on board were contradicted by other sources inside the country, which said its nationality was in fact Hungarian.

Reports said five people were interrogated, but allowed to leave the following day after it became clear their trespass into Iranian airspace had been a mistake.

They added that the interrogation revealed that they had strayed over the border unintentionally en route to Afghanistan.

Link

[edit on 7-10-2008 by WestPoint23]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
More Iranian paranoia. the plane wasnt even Amrican!!! They are so scared that any plane they dont recognize that comes into their country they imeediately think its the US LOL.

Now they are reporting it is Hungarian:

"A plane forced to land in Iran after it accidentally entered Iranian airspace was a Hungarian plane, and not a U.S. aircraft as originally reported, according to Reuters."

www.foxnews.com...

Yea the thing is they report it as an American aircraft domestically (which is how the report surfaced from FARS) to rally support against the American "aggressors". All this propaganda serves a purpose for this regime. The simple fact is if it were an american military aircraft they would know next to nothing about it.

Oh and the reports of it being a fulcan carrying over 5 personel are hilarious!

[edit on 7-10-2008 by theblunttruth]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join