It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I wish I was afraid for death again.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Who of you is afraid of dying? There was a time in my life I was really afraid of dying. From time to time (usually at night) I was thinking about the limitation of life/living. It send a chil down my spine, because I was afraid for the eternal nothing as well as for the eternal life after death. I’m not much of a believer, but either way (heaven, hell or nothing) the endless character of it all, frightend me.

Now I don’t’ have this feeling anymore and in a way that is comforting. But I realize that fear for death is a consequence of having a great live. If one is miserable, death isn’t that scary anymore, in fact it could be an escape-hatch.

I’m not to the point that I’m wishing for death (fortunately), actually I’m pretty far off. But I would like to have that fear again, so I can confirm my quality of life against it.

Does this strike strange? Or does anyone understand what I am saying?

[edit on 7/10/2008 by saturnus1962]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Are you saying that your life is miserable, come on man we have only one life, enjoy it to the fullest.

You just cant come back here after you die and start posting like this,

First, think of this old saying,

There are two great days in a man's life,
one is the day he is born,
and the other,
is the day he realises why he was born.

Just try to realise why you were born here on earth, and just think of your family and loved ones and you will love life again.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Thanks for your aid

Don't worry, I'm all fine. Just wondering if anyone has the same experience (if you can call it that way)

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Yes, many times I would think why I was born and what was my purpose of being born in this world, why not die and leave the world, but then when I think of my parents and my friends and relatives, who have high expectations on me to come up well in life, that gives me a boost and keeps me going.

And I would like to say to you that the "idle mind is the devils workshop", and if you watch when you get these kind of thinking is either when you are alone or you are sad or when you are free, so whenever you feel like that just involve in your hobby, for example, when I am sad, all I do is come online and visit various astronomy websites, as astronomy is my hobby or either go outside and watch the night sky(though I live in a city where the lights block out the stars, i enjoy the few stars i could see).

So, involve in your hobby in your free time, or better, you can be a volunteer for some organisation and visit place where poor people live and you will see that there are people in more difficult situations than you are, and helping them gives you a peace of mind

[edit on 7/10/08 by peacejet]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I'll drink to that! (If I was drinking), now finish work first! Heading for the weekend, which is wayyyy to far away!

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by saturnus1962

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

This may help or not

I asked someone once what the basis of your his belief.

They said:

To be granted the privilege of being a human being, you may have done something so great so fantastic, in your past life, you should be humble, cherish it, and not waste it.

I like the way they think...........I just wish I did.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I'm not afraid of death either, I just don't won't to die without making my mark in life.............

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I'm not afraid of dieing, I just want to live as long as possible.

This is the only life you get, there's no fairy tale existence once you're gone.

Live long, live well.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I'm not sure if it relates or is helpful or validating but I've been thinking something similar to the difference of being in an actuated state of pondering the meaning of life and death-and being despondant to it. Like I said I don't know if this specifically relates to your query-I'm not woke yet and not sure if my thinker is reading correctly.

As in being in a constant state where death was an any moment likely or probable outcome, vs being in a constant state where the previous circumstance that was the fodder for that state of mind is no longer ongoing.

I am thinking I suppose of the soilder no longer at war.

new topics

top topics

join