It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WW3 and the safest place to be

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
The boards of late are full of predictions of the coming of ww3 and all manner of disasters but there does not seem to be many people offering info where will be safe and how to survive.

If these so called visionaries can see woes can they not also see where is safe and how to survive in sit x. It would be logical to assume that if the info they puut out is either first hand knowledge or genuine prophecy how come these sources don't tell us where would be safe and how to survive any future calamity.

The obvious places would be nuetral countries but tht does not guarantee that they won be attcked or suffer from NCB warfare. There must be hundreds of places where it would be safer to be but where, any ideas.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
No one is suggesting places to flee to the hills because ATS members have predicted WWIII every year since the board existed. I am serious. I went through archived threads and google searching for varieties of "world war 3" and typing in every calendar year since ATS existed. Every. Single. Year. Its been predicted, and everyone was just sure it was going to happen.

Its called fear mongering, and ATS absolutely excels at it. If you ever feel like you need a good dose of doom, just read the boards - any time, any year.

Almost no one is taking it seriously - nor should they, given the board track record on it.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by LowLevelMason]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
According to the Mayan prophecy- the eastern hemisphere.
In addition to that, the prediction says;
"The light shall come from the north"

That happens to be the location where I reside, and I feel pretty safe.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
australia will be the safest place in the world, so if ya havent got your passports in order yet, Id advise to do it soon and get a plane ticket down here.....you wont be sorry.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raud
According to the Mayan prophecy- the eastern hemisphere.
In addition to that, the prediction says;
"The light shall come from the north"

That happens to be the location where I reside, and I feel pretty safe.

...unless that's the light from a nuke!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
The safest place will be in Heaven naturally....

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LowLevelMason

But, but YOU'RE A MASON TRYING TO SACRIFICE US ALL TO RA!!
Don't give me your lies about how it's all gonna be ok....

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Low, you are correct of course but just because people do post about such matters it dose not mean it wont or cannot happen. And with that in mind what are your views on this matter bearing in mind that mans history is replete with war and conquest.

Mel, what would make Australia safer than anywhere else?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
i would have said new zealand ... if only we weren't so d*mned close to australia!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by semiunknown

Eh, I don't think so.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Somebody said Australia will be safer?... only if you are white! Australia still holds a very strong ties and beliefs to the third reight. If there is a third world war, that would be the worst place to be!

I might be wrong, but that's just the word on the street.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Low, you are correct of course but just because people do post about such matters it dose not mean it wont or cannot happen. And with that in mind what are your views on this matter bearing in mind that mans history is replete with war and conquest.

Mel, what would make Australia safer than anywhere else?

the first big benefit would be our geographic location, same with New zealand.

whilst the northrn hemisphere is glowing in the radiated dark care off nuclear exchanges, and the way the winds blow, australia and new zealand may get a little bit of fall out but no where the deadly amount the northern hemisphere would.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Mel, do you remember the book by Nevil Shute, about such a calamity and Australia was the last place to survive.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
The Canadian rockies......
Won't flood, awesome cache of local resources, low population density,
Caves and glaciers.......

And we'll be able to shoot at anyone for miles to come.

But you see if it's a "world" war the only place I turly suggest is the Moon or bust.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
God, the only problem with Canada is that it would probally be full of US and Mexican citizens. Also being next to the US, the worlds current protaganist is probally not a good idea.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Magic Mushroom,

No I dont remember the book, but the name of the author rings a bell.

any further details you can hand ball to me?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Mel, Im sure it was called on the beach or soemthing like that, there had been a nuke exchange, there was a us nuke boat looking for survivors but Australia was the only country not hit but the nuke cloud came to them eventually.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

I know so true, I'll have to stock up on mad ammo......

But Im not able to move anywhere else so it's the best...
Besides theres tons of room for people.....

Actually.....what about the arctic or antarctic im sure the nukes will cook up the world and melt away all the ice and make it a nice place to live....

Just find one of those nazi bunkers down there and nestle in

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I would bet that the safest place to be when the bombs start to drop is far away from land. The sea would be a good place to be until its over. After it is all over you would want to get to land or hiding somewhere as soon as possible because U Boats and other warships could target you.

To hide in the seas by the south pole would probably be the safest place to be. And then try and find some small islands far away from civilisation to find water and shelter. A sailboat would probably be the smartest choice of transportation.

And instead of stocking up on ammo and weapons i would stalk up on different type of seeds , tools and medicine to make a life a bit easier. Because i hope you don't plan to buy your food anywhere after this you would probably have to make it all by your self from scratch.

If you only think about stalking up on short time supplies and weapons to protect you. You will use your weapons to become a scavenger in the end. And if you survive in a environment that has stalked up on only weapons and short time supplies you will have a war on your hands for the resources that are left.

Instead of becoming a friends and a companion with your neighbor to overcome the future problems you will face, you will plan to kill your neighbor for the reason of safety and staying alive.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia

whilst the northrn hemisphere is glowing in the radiated dark care off nuclear exchanges, and the way the winds blow, australia and new zealand may get a little bit of fall out but no where the deadly amount the northern hemisphere would.

I propose all countries aim at least one nuke towards Australia

The west coast and Middle of Ireland shouldn't be too bad either, the prevailing winds are almost always coming from the North/south west in from the atlantic.

Thats not to say that a nuclear winter wouldn't kill us anyway, this place is cold enough already

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join