It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Time Gate Found In Antarctica

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Your right there colocks are not effected by time, and you cannot travle backwards in time. But it is possible as you know time is realtive to the observer; so if you speed yourslef up you slow time down to the point where its almost going in reverse, and if you slow your speed down you speed time up to the point to where its almost skipping into another time frame.

And you could go back in time you would just go back to a different dimension not this one and when you come back you would be in a different dimesion again

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
A vortex, a "gate", found under the ice of Antarctica? Sounds like someone at Pravda's been watching Stargate SG-1. Any SG-1 fans out there know what I'm talking about....

Yes. Yes I do!

This story would be more believeable if the clock went in and came out showing 30 years in the future. You could then argue that it had just been suspended in the atmosphere for that amount of time. But a clock going backwards 30 years....hmmm?

I do like Pravda though - entertaining reading if you think about the stories. They can provoke more 'serious' scientific discussion.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
I posted this a few weeks back and everybody poo pooed it because it was from Pravda.

Not picking sides or fight, but come on... it was mentioned at least three times so far on this thread that it was posted elsewhere, and there are still responses to it?

Oddly enough, I just went to the original thread, and was going to make a reply. Why not, this one is getting attention... anyway, the first thread is CLOSED.

Is it because of the paper source? Then wouldn't it stand to reason that this one should be closed as well?

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Hey Flinx ,I was thinking the same thing when I saw the thread : )

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
What cracked me up was they thought the grey cloud was a dust storm. How many dust storms are there on Antartica?

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Hang on this time thing with the clock bothers me....

If we use a mechanical clock, it measures time by a cog hitting a little arm, which then retracts and lets the cog rotate one bit, until the arm comes down again and stops it.

This is purely mechanical, if it went through a "time portal" why should the movement of the cog change? Why should the time be different from when you sent it?

You can make a clock that measures any date you like, - just set it at 1/1/50 for example, - it doesn't mean that it is actually IN that time, its just a mechanical, or electrical circuit operating ever so many milliseconds that circuit will STILL operate in exactly the same way no matter when in time it works.

So the concept of a clock changing time to match the time period its in doesn't work.... despite science fiction and a degree of wishfull thinking....

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I don't believe this story. First, how could this fog change the chronometer date? "Nature" has no way of telling what "symbols" we use to represent numbers, and what we represent a year as. The only thing I can imagine happening is something electrical happening to the weather balloon while it was in the "fog" that caused it's date to change. Here is an example of what I'm saying: In the Back to the Future movies they typed in the date they wanted to visit... I'm just saying that the computer cannot determine what was 30 years ago, unless it had some kind of AI. I hope I made some kind of sense.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Well, after reading this thread for a while here - a couple things come to mind. First of all, Pravda as we all know is about as accurate as the Weekly World News and often creates far out filler stories.

So the likelihood that this is real is pretty remote.

But there's a lot of things that seem to be said here that are equally false. First off - no ones ever proven that you can't go back in time. In fact, recent theories by Hawking - some of his more updated statements on the arrow of time indicate it's not only possible but easier than when he first retracted his claim it was impossible.

Secondly - if you put the watch in - and the watch came back saying it was now 1965 a couple things are wrong with this. A) If the watch or chronometer or whatever it was - actually physically reverted to 1965 -- isn't that before it was made in which case -- odds are it wouldn't exist at all huh? B) If the time device didn't physically roll back but was altered - then we really don't know if it was caused by time dilation or just bad mechanics, magnetic fields, etc. C) And this has been pointed out - other physiological effects would have happend to the balloon, etc one would think.

But let's say for argument some force exists - and it's keeping the watch and other equipment from evaporating or whatever happens when these devices become 'pre-devices". Entering the "eye" of the gateway would in effect render it seperate from our timeline - and there'd be one heck of a energy exchange where it to be grounded back through the rope/wire whatever you suspend it from - probably cleaving it in half.

As for the amount of energy needed to travel forward or backward in time - that's a complete unknown. In theory it would take no more energy (cosmologically) to go back in time than it does to go forward in time as we do. It's the effects of it that make that interesting. (Think about it - just follow the trail of thought bread crumbs and you'll see the irony... but you have to step back to a cosmological distance.
)

Another point to make on the whole energy requirements issue is that you're assuming the energy must originate on this side of the portal -- not the other side of it, and naturally - we're not considering what is on the other side of it or that this isn't a natural occurance which we're just not understanding of.

There have been many very well documented accounts of what would appear to have been time travel by accident. The veracity of them ranges from relatively unquestionable to down righ urban legend. The point I'm trying to make is that we're attempting to describe and detail an infinitely undefined property. Whenever you use the word "infinite", you've just tossed all reasonable logic out as anything can become possible - and then therefore IS possible.

Great discussion though. Always good to wrangle improbabilities.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Those who are liberated can pierce the veil of phantasmagoric phenoumena and time travel..

They live in the past , present ,future all at once ...but not you or i ...for us its not possible but not impossible if we become liberated or what ever term u like to use for it ..

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Well, then I think it's time to call in Stargate.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I can understand why many of you find this "bunk". At first glance the notion of time travel seems absurd. But, it is our lack of understanding our own lower dimensions that shortens our sight. Einstein's Theory of Relativity makes time travel very likely because time is tied to three dimensional space as we know it. Gravity is not what affects time at the fundamental level, movement through geometry is. There are NO particles. ALL is energy that is arrange geometrically. It is the organization that creates the material world. It is the movement (specifically the speed or rate of motion of one object to another) that creates time as we understand it.
If we cool something down to absolute zero (0 Kelvin) we can effectively stop time. If we take the motion principle and apply it to the south pole (or the north for that matter) we see that there is a place on the planet that is barely moving relative to the rest of the planet. To me it seems likely that this would be lagging behind (timewise).
As for the clock problem, at the fundamental level (way way below particles) it is the geometry that creates the clock and provides a means of measurement. It is expressed through the higher orders of circles with cogs or electron spin rates etc.

As an aside, crop circle researchers have found that when two identical clocks are set to the same time and one is left at the hotel while the other is brought into a crop circle formation, there is a time discrepancy (5 minutes in one case). I believe the geometric patterns of the formations themselves induces change in the energy passing through them (i.e. human beings, clocks, electrons, molecules, etc.).

Do not disbelieve everything based on what you currently know, for it is incomplete. Reserve judgement until you have all the information.

(Note - none of us has all the information on anything outside ourselves and should reserve all judgement in accordance with such understanding, only judge yourself and allow others to do the same.)

Peace to you my brothers & sisters,

~Jammer

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
This thread appears to be in the wrong location. Can someone move it please?

Thanks.

~Jammer

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Correct..clocks are not affected by what humans perceive as time.
However...what happens when the power is cut, to your vcr?
Or, more importantly, to a PC whose internal battery has run out?
There is a specific 'defailt' date/time that nearly all electronic time keepers are set to.
What, just as someone mentioned, the 'fog' was just a concentrated electrical storm? Maybe a magnetic storm?
I can't even begin to attempt to try and comprehend why an electrical/magnetic storm would be staying in one spot in a circular mode, but, why does a tornado hit one house only in a vast neighboorhood of such houses?
All I'm saying is maybe the chronomoter was digital of some sort, and got reset a few times.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Or the balloon could have actually gone forward in time. The clock could have had a programming glitch (similar to Y2K) so that it were to reset. So It could have either gone in the past or (Max time - Current Time)+(Current time - Min time). I haven't done math in awhile...I think its right though

BTW...I think time travel is possible, I've posted in too many threads about this already so I couldn't say anything new before I researched some more.

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   
After Lurking in the shadows here for quite some time, I have decided to "come out of the dark".

This article is one of those that make me say "Yea, right!" But, being the opening minded person that I am, I put my ear to the ground to see what I could hear.

The first thing I discovered was an old gov't sponsored educational program called "Live from Antarctica" that just happened to be active from Nov 1994 to Feb 1995 at McMurdo Station.

I doubt I would have even registered had I not found something slightly interesting. What was so interesting? Well, it seems that McMurdo Station encountered "Weird Weather" either on 25 Jan 1995 (Wednesday) or 26 Jan 1995 (Thursday). Read about it yourselves.

Last Wednesday we witnessed a unique meteorological event: during an unusually clear day I noticed a "cloud wall" moving toward the station. It was a huge, thick front: solid gray/white Altostratus clouds marching slowly in from the grid south... over Summer Camp... then the Dome... then the Sun was completely obscured. It looked as though someone were slowly pulling a huge quilt over the entire Polar Plateau! If you looked one way, the sky was a clear, dark blue; but if you turned around, it was so white you couldn't even see the horizon between ice and sky. Wow!

Referance Link One

Thursday I got on a "space available" to go on a one-day snowcraft course. This trip goes to "Room With A View", a site on the lower flank of Mt. Erebus. It is mainly a modified course for people staying the winter (you learn how to set up a radio, light a stove, set up a tent, etc) but it includes learning to travel with snowmobiles. We had about 14 people, and loaded 2 old Nansen sleds (the same kind that the old polar explorers used to use...they are made of wood and lashed together for flexibility in the cold weather) with all kinds of gear. It was snowing and blowing, cold and nasty-looking. The sleds were hooked to snowmobiles and pulled along. Each sled had three passengers and another person in the back to help lean and to apply the brake when stopping. There were four snowmobiles, two towing the sleds, and each one had two people on it. I got to drive one that pulled a sled! It was fun, but VERY cold! We went about 3/4 mile to Silver City, and stopped to get out of the weather. It was then we decided that it was too nasty outside to proceed to Room With a View - you couldn't see ANYTHING, and we would have gotten awfully cold. We ate lunch, learned about radios and stoves, and then came back to McMurdo. Of course, about the time we got back into town the weather started clearing up. ...

Referance Link Two

Now, you can take these reports to mean one of two things:

1. The entire report was fabricated based on sketchy reports of strange weather as it is described in those journals.

2. The alleged incident was not at McMurdo, but had an effect on the weather there.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Jammer, you have a lot of great points. I believe that time travel is indeed possible. If you think about it, scientists have only found 4 dimensions, three spatial and one temporal but string theory demands that our universe has 11 dimensions. So if we look at it from a scientific stand point, there are several factors to consider, especially the unknown.
Time is relative.
In theory, there are parallel universes and higher dimensions that are influencing what is going on here.
On a side note, some one said that it would require a large amount of energy to travel through time. Could it be the magnetic anomaly that was found 3 miles down in the ocean have an influence on time in Antarctica?
Let me know what ya'll think...

[edit on 9-6-2004 by cheshire cat]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by cheshire cat
Could it be the magnetic anomaly that was found 3 miles down in the ocean have an influence on time in Antarctica?

I think this story is fabricated by Pravda in order to sell papers. However I'm curious about this anomaly you referred to. Do you have any links?

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Originally posted by cheshire cat
Could it be the magnetic anomaly that was found 3 miles down in the ocean have an influence on time in Antarctica?

I think this story is fabricated by Pravda in order to sell papers. However I'm curious about this anomaly you referred to. Do you have any links?

I have a couple of links for you, including an old ats thread, I hope it helps, if I can locate more, I will add it to this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.cyberspaceorbit.com...
www.unknowncountry.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
That's pretty odd. Why the hell would there be an antenna underwater like that? But... I have a question... if it's an antenna, doesn't the moving of radio waves from one medium to another distort the radio waves?

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I don't buy into either, I don't think time travel can exist without consequences to either present or past. And this so call maybe gate sound a lot like the stargate series.

I believe something is in artartica but is not gate.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join