It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You think H.R. Giger was contacted by extraterrestrials

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Do You think H.R. Giger was contacted by extraterrestrials? How would he have known what an alien even looks like.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
His art is very strange and other worldly in some pieces and downright perverted in others. I think that you don't need to be contacted by aliens to conjure up your own images of extra-terrestrials. P.S. my g/f is a fan of his so I am familiar with his work.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I think Giger was "in contact" with something but if they were "aliens"..we'll never know.

It is NO mistake that the creatures he depicted in the "ALIEN" movies strikes a deep chord of fear in each and every one of us. He just MIGHT have had a glimpse of what some refer to as demons. He is a relatively well know satanist, as his work depicts.

Dark, Occult & Recent Satanic Art

Macabre and horrific sequential artists. Sensual and Evocative ?Fantasy? artists. Hell-bent contemporary artists of note. 20th Century outsider art. Limp tentatively into the alley and push through the creaking, rusted metal door into a damp, alien corridor. Ignore the gibbering insects of unseemly size and unfamiliar origin. This is your introduction to an underworld of Satanic art.

H.R. Giger (born 1940)
Designer, Painter, Sculptor
Few artists have achieved such complete and uncompromising realization of their darkest, most “alien” fantasies. Even fewer have been able to successfully parlay these fantasies into commercial success. As further evidence of a Satanic Age...H.R. Giger's own museum and various “Giger Bars” scattered across the globe are described, on the artist's own web site, as “total environments.”

I dont know about you, but that creature is about the scariest thing I have ever seen. They look about as close to what I could picture a "demon" to look, and wether you "believe" in them or not, you have to admit they are a very convincing depiction of what one would imagine a demon to look like.

I draw that correlation only from research done on the artist, his influences, genre and current belief system based loosely on Satanism. With hero's such as Alister Crowley, its hardly a leap to make these connections.

While I do believe that it would be theoretically possible for creatures like these to exists somewhere in the deep vastness of the multiveres, after reading an in depth bio on Giger, I feel his "influences" were something far more visceral and archaic than "aliens" per say:> Look it up...

[edit on 7-10-2008 by Alter-Ego]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Oh yeah; that guy totally is in communications with aliens/demons. So is every artist who has ever dreamed up awesome looking stuff.
No. That was sarcasm. Giger is simply a gifted individual with the ability to dream up strange and usually phallic art. I enjoy some of his art, and the xenomorph from the Alien franchise is a great creature. But he is certainly not in contact with demons or aliens. He can simply tap into our collective fears, the xenomorph has a phallic head, and it is a killing machine. It has an extra mouth inside its normal mouth which has the whole Vagina dentata thing going for it. Yeah, H. R. Giger rules.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
hr gieger was cool when guns n roses was cool.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSecretSquirrel
downright perverted in others.

kind of like all the avatars on this website?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by floppynoodleson666
........ Giger is simply a gifted individual with the ability to dream up strange and usually phallic art....... He can simply tap into our collective fears, the xenomorph has a phallic head, and it is a killing machine. It has an extra mouth inside its normal mouth which has the whole Vagina dentata thing going for it. Yeah, H. R. Giger rules.

Thank you for proving my point. His work has all the "ear marks" of a satanist, as he is described by his peers and researchers alike.

"Satanic Victory"

..."A theme with a image of H.R Giger, a satanic artist..."

link

I am quoting facts here Mr.floppynoodleson666... not just stating my opinion so I do not need to use "sarcasm".

The fact of the matter is the man is a satanist or chooses to follow, and or let his art represent a "satanistic" theme or motif.

Therefore I conclude that those are his influences as is proven by his works.

Im pretty sure this would be conclusive evidence as to what in fact his influences are. So, unless "aliens" are "demons" or "satan", I guess the answer to the OP would more than likely be.....NO.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by Alter-Ego]

top topics

join