It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I evil ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Depends on a distinction.

Do you feel pleasure at the thoughts of others pain?

or Do you feel pleasure at the thought of a system being taken down and the prospect to start anew.

If its the first then yes you're evil. If its the second then no, you are just a plain old radical.

I think that a deep seated urge for chaos is the result of evolutionary adaptation. While some people's ancestors survived by laying down rigid systems and methods of living, others survived and propagated due to their ability to adapt and thrive on chaos and war. You seem to be the latter... much like the countless number of survivalists on this site

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by semiunknown

I beg to differ.
Collapse of a system of control/government does not usually result in long term chaos. It often gives birth to spontaneous social order that, in many cases, proves to be superior in many ways to the former system.
(Our own country is a prime example of this. Venezuala is another.)
For a very general overview of spontaneous community formation and a good jumping off point for further study, see the following link:
en.wikipedia.org...

Anarchy does not always equal chaos. To the contrary, it often advocates increased personal responsibility over enforced collective responsibility.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I work in an investment firm and I want them to go belly-up even if that means I lose my job because I want them to learn a lesson. No, that's a lie. It's because I want revenge on the racist/sexist/classist/fascist/insert-ist-here moguls who would enslave you and me if they could find a way and it meant more money (for them? for their friends?--who cares! It's an addiction!)

Does that make me evil?

No.

Why?

Because you keep seeing on the news sites all those people with their heads in their hands? You see people on Wall Street are suicidal? That's because all they care about is money. All they are inside is money. It's the truth of the stereotype. Screw them. Get off our planet!

And any of "the good ones" will be just fine. They'll get another job. But I see those photos of Wall Street gambling addicts looking sad and I'm supposed to feel what exactly?

If they're standing tall, it's on the backs of you and me. Period.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by Jeremy_Vaeni]

[edit on 8-10-2008 by Jeremy_Vaeni]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
"is evil just something you are, or something you do?" -Morrissey

I laughed too, and I mocked all the speeches and tv newsmen, I swore, i slandered, i found the thing a joke upon my country by internationalist reptiles who have manipulated our country and are doing the same to the little people of the world, laughing at them. So no your not evil, your naturaly responding via fight or flight instincts. Is a lion evil for fighting the tiger over territory?
I think your right on emotionaly, though ive had doubts about my own sanity many times..

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Damn, Prevenge beat me to it.

Now I need to think of something else to say.

There is no TRUE evil or good. There is just opinion. And my opinion is that being thrilled by disaster is not evil. It's just natural. To see others fail while you thrive. It's what humanity does, isn't it?

Is it different getting a kick from watching a violent film or from watching a story on the news? They're both the same subject, and the same emotions you get from it. The fact that one is fake and one is real is irrelevant.

[edit on 13/10/08 by outofcentre]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Haiku

No, you aren't evil. You just know who really owns the reserve and wall street, that is how most of the world is controlled that's all. I sat doing the same thing. So don't feel bad. I didn't want the innocent to lose, just the ones who are making them suffer out of "their" greed.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haiku
Here it is, I am a 20 something year old white female, I have a job in a professional field, married, on the appearance, I seem normal. That takes some effort to maintain. Here's my issue:

Ever-since I can remember, I have litterally THRIVED on chaos. I actually need it to feel whole, or just to FEEL in general. To elaborate, I'll use something recent, The recent stock crash, I sat, I watched, litterally laughing as it plumetted. Even as they were giving examples of the wide spread pain it would inflict, I wanted it to crash lower and lower.

I revel in the thought that, one wonderful day, we will wake up, and revolt against this machine we have breathed life into. Even if that brings the 'inevitable end' we always hear so much about. It would litterally bring a smile to my face to sit on top of the devastation and ride the flaming carcas all the way to the ground as it crumbled underneath.

I have even played with the thought, that I could be the anti-christ,though it cannot be so, as I lack the political platform,but, imagine thinking that about yourself for just a moment.

So, my question, does this make me evil? . . . . Maybe I am just a jilted tax payer, thoughts?

Darlin',

Being evil is neither that simple, nor that easily explained. If you were truly evil, you wouldn't ask. Everyone is fighting against the machine. It makes you a rebel. Back in the day, rebellions were what made people stronger.

But if you really want to be evil, I will show you the way. After all I am the one, the only... BA-DUM-BUMP... EVIL LEAGUE OF EVIL. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

My evil genius laugh is far more appealing in tone versus in typed script, fyi.

~*~

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Haiku

No, because I think that you are right. and because I think that way too. I like chaos too, but my parents thought that I would need to go to a physiologist to find out why I think this way, but this is what I like.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I was also laughing when the banks started crashing. They have how many billions of dollars from our accounts? and they couldn't stay afloat? Their deaths were caused by greed, selfishness, and incompetence on their part, and we suffer as a result.

Im pretty sure banks work by investing the money we deposit into our accounts into bonds and such. I don't think there was nearly as much investing going on as there was theft and embezzling. Why would a bigshot banker invest a billion dollars when he can have a billion-dollar mansion? Add to this the incompetence of his workers, juggling high-risk loans like drunken monkeys, and you realize its only a matter of time...

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
No, but it does sound like you "may" have some symptoms of depression and narcisism compounded by paranoia. Im not saying you are "crazy" that would be left to someone profession, but it does sound like something clinical is going on.

Originally posted by Haiku
Here it is, I am a 20 something year old white female, I have a job in a professional field, married, on the appearance, I seem normal. That takes some effort to maintain. Here's my issue:

Ever-since I can remember, I have litterally THRIVED on chaos. I actually need it to feel whole, or just to FEEL in general. To elaborate, I'll use something recent, The recent stock crash, I sat, I watched, litterally laughing as it plumetted. Even as they were giving examples of the wide spread pain it would inflict, I wanted it to crash lower and lower.

I revel in the thought that, one wonderful day, we will wake up, and revolt against this machine we have breathed life into. Even if that brings the 'inevitable end' we always hear so much about. It would litterally bring a smile to my face to sit on top of the devastation and ride the flaming carcas all the way to the ground as it crumbled underneath.

I have even played with the thought, that I could be the anti-christ,though it cannot be so, as I lack the political platform,but, imagine thinking that about yourself for just a moment.

So, my question, does this make me evil? . . . . Maybe I am just a jilted tax payer, thoughts?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Sorry, I didn't mean to just abandon this post, pardon my rudeness,

I started this, not looking for attention as some would think, I can understand why it would seem that way, but this was the only way I could think to word this post to best 'paint a picture' to anyone who does not know me from Eve.

I put this thought to a thread because I wanted objective and subjective input on this, and also, to find out (hopefully) that alot of people feel this way. I appreciate all of your replies, whether they were positive, or positively flaming me.

I just find it very hard to find genuine compassion, for nearly anyone in any situation. Also, I hate to be on the receiving end. I can neither give compassion or receive it effectively. Anyone else have this issue? Makes even the simplest of relationships complicated does it not?

Maybe it's a thought process that events in your life have made you lean towards, Then again, maybe it's passed on to you from genetics? But then that's a whole other nature vs. nurture thread....

I guess a better wording for this entire scenario would have been:

Since 'human nature' is to rally around those in dire straights, does it define you as a substandard person when you are completely without compassion and interest in assisting, and instead of being pro-active, place that interest in their further decline? (Let me clarify one thing first. I am not talking about a scenario where someone as in a neighbor is ill, and wish for further suffering.) I more or less mean, establishment type entities..... I honestly (at times) look at human beings as a parasite that has and will continue to rape our environment until either it is no longer to support and propagate life, OR until it shakes us off like gnawing fleas... Hence my lack of compassion. My 'general thought' is that what ever comes our way, we basically deserve what comes our way, and deserve no saviour......

And I am text book agnostic, so if any of this comes off as religious rhetoric, please excuse me.

Also, I can see some posting about self loathing, when in truth, I love me... where would I be without me? However, I see us as individuals as small pieces of a wicked machine that is suffocating us,yet we seem to be proud little cogs, So, we continue to oil and fuel it, and with that thought in mind,I cannot find any pity, compassion, or deserving reason for saving ourselves from our self born demise.

I seem like I'd be loads of fun at parties, huh?

edit for spelling

[edit on 17-10-2008 by Haiku]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I must say. People like us aren't evil. well, maybe not truly evil, we just see that a society that has almost gone too far is now falling apart and maybe will soon start anew with better results.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
No, you're not evil. This current system is evil but you are just acknowledging how you feel. Laughter is an expression of joy, the motive for which it arises often has little or nothing to do with the circumstance that lent it release.

You sound like you are just enjoying what the rest of the world hasn't figured out is just another normal part of life: chaos. You're laughing at the very same thing alot of people are right now. Most people who laugh also laugh at what causes them suffering. Some do truly laugh without the suffering precondition but hardly anyone knows why they laugh, and that reason is always unique.

So, you're just fine!

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
A word of advice, be careful what you wish for!

Everything is created by thought, which is the most powerful tool, so if you keep creating constructive or destructive scenarios, then that energy goes to where you send it.

In some cases this will have little or no effect, as the energy may be small, but where the thought is very powerful, or joins together with the same thoughts as others, there can be a major effect.

Are you evil, or the Anti-Christ? Dunno, but you might want to find out though, because as a 20 something, you've potentially still got a fair amount of time to go in this life, and if it's evil or negative energy that you radiate, then you are building up serious problems for yourself.

Giving out negative thought can come back on you a thousand-fold at a later date, whereas positive thought kicks off a virtuous circle, where the good vibes come back to your ultimate benefit.

Good luck to you anyway.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haiku So, my question, does this make me evil? . . . . Maybe I am just a jilted tax payer, thoughts?

Welcome to 21st Century America! I recommend a lavender bath weekly and regular 'quiet times'.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Haiku

I'd say that you lack something in the compassion area. Which doesn't necessarily make you evil.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join