It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Upset over financial problems, man kills family, then himself

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Everyone is commenting (rightly) that this guy was disturbed and cowardly, but don't forget that he was an insider in the finance industry... Did you all put your tinfoil hats in the wash today?

What if the situation is so bad that he killed his family to spare them from what's coming? Not just financial hardship but physical harm? Could he see what angry mobs might do to a family like his, living in a lavish house?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by resistor
We keep hearing that no one is jumping out of windows like in 1929, but then the windows in high rises don’t open anymore, do they? It’s really a shame that people don’t’ realize that they can start over and live off of the land for the most part like people have done from time immemorial. Time to regain the old skills.

Very admirable. Unfortunately, not everyone lives in a place where they can "start over and live off of the land". It must be nice to have that opportunity living in Texas, but what about the rest of us?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I heard this on the radio this morning and wanted to comment on this.
A man kills his family, then himself, In a "noble" act. Thats what the news put it out there this morning. What is really noble about that?
He took a low road, a road that can not envoke much empathy from others, as we all have had our tuff times, and we keep on going. The kids I mean they didnt even get a chance to grow up and find jobs of their own!

This is a control ridden death plot from the start. Just another series in deaths that will be happening lately. A sign of the times, when some people who have lived so well with all their money. Would rather die, and destroy ones family line. But I see us in a way as a country, this family.
Our government being the crazy Dad who did this to his family.
And the people as the helpless children.

There is so much one could say about this case. I can just hope it doesnt become more wide spread! Money is not everything!
It can not buy you happyness. And those who have lived so high. Can not come down, thats sertinly a terrible weakness in man. right now.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join