It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Upset over financial problems, man kills family, then himself

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Upset over financial problems, man kills family, then himself

news.yahoo.com

LOS ANGELES - An unemployed man with an advanced finance degree who was despondent over his own financial problems shot and killed his wife, three children, mother-in-law and then himself in an upscale home in a gated community, police said Monday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Such a sad story. Unfortunately it probably won't be the last time we see a story like this during this time of economic crisis. It's just worse that not only did he take his own life, he took his family with him. If you are gonna do such a horrible thing at least leave your family out of it, they did not deserve it.

I can only hope this crisis will be over soon.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
We keep hearing that no one is jumping out of windows like in 1929, but then the windows in high rises don’t open anymore, do they? It’s really a shame that people don’t’ realize that they can start over and live off of the land for the most part like people have done from time immemorial. Time to regain the old skills.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I hate to say this but what a coward.

Financial crisis or no, taking your own life is one thing. But taking the lives of your wife, mother in law and children? This guy probably had some serious underlying issues.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I would be just happy shooting my mother in law.

Seriously though, thats sad.

Accept the mother in law part.....

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
A thousand and one options other than that.
At least he could have 'accidentally' drove his car over a cliff so his family could collect on the insurance.
So sad.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
I hate to say this but what a coward.

Financial crisis or no, taking your own life is one thing. But taking the lives of your wife, mother in law and children? This guy probably had some serious underlying issues.

Heck yeah. this guy would have done something like this anyway, regardless of the economy. Here it comes; everyone is going to start doing stupid crap and blaming it on the economy.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd I hate to say this but what a coward.

[edit: huh, I actually typed out words here mods.. what's the deal with them not showing up the first time around??]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Similar to the story of the hardon collider, whatever its called, and the girl who killed herself. Some of these people had to have some issues before hand...

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Well what else can they blame it on? I can see some unstable person being really rattled over this. But its not the way to do it. Power to the people, start over and just let people live how they wanna live.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Horribly sad story, especially for the innocent family members.

Karthik had no excuse for murdering others, just because he wanted out.
Times have turned tough for every working family, and the answers are
difficult to find sometimes, but one must hang in there, and continue
seeking alternatives.

Most stories like this are kept out of the mainstream media, I guess they
don't want us distracted from thier 'commercial consumerism' with such
disturbing reality! We might turn off the TV, and start thinking for ourselves!
(We have).

Odd that the handgun he used was purchased only a couple weeks
before! Too bad the fed is so good at doing 'criminal BACKground checks';
and unable to ever perform criminal 'FOREground checks'!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I am afraid that over the next few months we're going to hear many more such stories.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Who are we to judge .. seriously ?

We weren't inside his head

We didn't die

We weren't there to offer assistance

The only decent comment we can make is: ' There but for the grace of God go I .. maybe '

Anyway, God understands and forgives everything

So God please bless this man and his family and take them in your arms

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Well god must be some kind of a jerk, then. This guy KILLED HIS WHOLE FAMILY. I wouldn't care if he just killed himself, but he killed his whole family. That is not cool. You don't kill the innocent, even if you can't make this weeks rent.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
All you need is family to get through times.
Can not believe someone would do this.
Stupid stupid stupid.

Inside his head or not, you dont kill everyone.

What.. He could not deal without his mercedes and 4000 sqft house ?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
This man was probably mentally disturbed. Financial crisis or not, a sane person doesn’t snuff out their entire family and then themselves. Although this could be an example of the stupid social importance we put on money and employment, especially when it comes to men. I remember when my grandpa was the head of his house and had to stop working because of his arthritis a lot of people in my family gave him a hard time for not working, even though he got a decent check on disability. It was like because he was a man he was suppose to just “suck it up” and work through the pain.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
it's sad that some people get so lost in a moment that they can't see any other options or ways to tread through the tough times.

i don't think this was the first time this man had dangerous thoughts, i think this was probably simply the first time he followed through with them.

i often wonder if the world has just gotten incredibly crazy or if this has always been the way things were and i simply never noticed.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

We already have heard one here. I saw a thread the other day about a guy who jumped in front of a train because of this crisis. He had a family too, but at least he didn't kill them.

edit - found it: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 10/7/2008 by Curious_Agnostic]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Honestly, how can you live with yourself ?

Using someone else's tragedy to sound off in self-righteous
judgement on a forum ?

Guess you've chosen to forget the admonishment to remove the log from your own eye before passing comment on the splinter in someone else's ?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12
Similar to the story of the hardon collider, whatever its called, and the girl who killed herself. Some of these people had to have some issues before hand...

lol... HADRON, H A D R O N...
... oh my god it's stuck in my head now!

Yeah, most people who attempt suicide (or succeed) are already mentally turbulent... the added depression just sets them over the edge.

This guy is no exception. I agree with another poster who said he was bound to do it eventually anyways. You're right.

People will blame the economy... the economy isn't the cause, it's the catalyst.
Mental instability is the cause.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by johnsky]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join