It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst cover song?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
A while back I posted "Best Concept Albums.

Now it's time for "Worst Cover Songs!"

My nominations--

#1--any version of A Whiter Shade of Pale by anyone other than Procal Harum

Worst offender is Annie Lennox, she turned a classic into elevator music

#2--Fiona Apple Across the Universe-I thought she sang it well, but slowed it down waaay to much.

#3 Heart Immigrant Song Zepplin themselves couldn't pull this off live. Should be a big red flag saying "Do Not Cover."

But to their credit, Heart totally ruled with their version of battle of Evermore

#4 Aerosmith Come Together Not a bad cover... and that IMO is the problem... it sounds exactly like the original.

#5. Korn-- Word Up God I hate this.

Allright those are mine... and you ATS?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
William Shatner / Joe Jackson - Common People

There is a live video of this from a US chat show that i've seen but can't find it anywhere on YouTube, shame coz it's hilarious!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Scissor Sisters - Comfortably Numb

This cover is horrible.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I have to say that the absolute worst song I have heard, perhaps ever, is not exactly a cover but a complete rip-off.

That new Kid Rock song that completely butchers Sweet Home Alabama, among others.

Why?

:bnghd:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

That song prompted me to buy my first Kid Rock cd, "one man's trash is anothers treasure"

@The_Truth_Seeker....I have to agree with you, esp. since Comfortably Numb is an all time favorite of mine.

Another bad, awful, terrible cover, Jessica Simpsons cover of Robbie Williams Angels......must say any of her songs probably constitute terrible

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Klaxons - The Bouncer

..btw can someone tell me the original artist of the 'acid house' track back in the early 90's please..?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Madonna - American Pie.

if you're going to have the audacity to try and cover a perfect song, do it right.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I was going to nominate that, but I figured the 5 I chose were painful enough.

How do you even cover perfection though, Crackeur? :bnghd:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

you can't and only a fool would try.

that's why movies like gone with the wind and citizen kane aren't remade. when the benchmark is set that high, you're destined to fail.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Oh that was a rhetorical question.

There's that whole list of off-limits songs.... all of the ones that follow on the "No Stairway" list... the irony is that while no one would seriously cover these, they are always the ones that amatures play to test a guitar in music store.

top topics

join