It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Christian Lie!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Found thess just for you big boy, you feeling warm yet ?

First, the New International Version (NIV).

20 All flying insects that walk on all fours are to be detestable to you.
21 There are, however, some winged creatures that walk on all fours that you may eat: those that have jointed legs for hopping on the ground.
22 Of these you may eat any kind of locust, katydid, cricket or grasshopper.
23 But all other winged creatures that have four legs you are to detest.

Next, the New American Standard Bible (NASB).

20 "All the winged insects* that walk on all fours are detestable to you.
21 "Yet these you may eat among all the winged insects which walk on all fours: those which have above their feet jointed legs with which to jump on the earth.
22 "These of them you may eat: the locust in its kinds, and the devastating locust in its kinds, and the cricket in its kinds, and the grasshopper in its kinds.
23 "But all other winged insects which are four-footed are detestable to you.

* Footnote with the literal translation as "Swarming things with wings".

Next, the Young's Literal Translation (YLT) Bible:

20 Every teeming creature which is flying, which is going on four -- an abomination it [is] to you.
21 Only -- this ye do eat of any teeming thing which is flying, which is going on four, which hath legs above its feet, to move with them on the earth;
22 these of them ye do eat: the locust after its kind, and the bald locust after its kind, and the beetle after its kind, and the grasshopper after its kind;
23 and every teeming thing which is flying, which hath four feet -- an abomination it [is] to you.

And NEXT.... the Revised Standard Version (RSV)

20 All winged insects that go upon all fours are an abomination to you.
21 Yet among the winged insects that go on all fours you may eat those which have legs above their feet, with which to leap on the earth.
22 Of them you may eat: the locust according to its kind, the bald locust according to its kind, the cricket according to its kind, and the grasshopper according to its kind.
23 But all other winged insects which have four feet are an abomination to you.

And next is the Darby Version:

20 Every winged crawling thing that goeth upon all four shall be an abomination unto you.
21 Yet these shall ye eat of every winged crawling thing that goeth upon all four: those which have legs above their feet with which to leap upon the earth.
22 These shall ye eat of them: the arbeh after its kind, and the solam after its kind, and the hargol after its kind, and the hargab after its kind.
23 But every winged crawling thing that hath four feet shall be an abomination unto you.

And finally, the King James Version (KJV):

20 All fowls that creep, going upon all four, shall be an abomination unto you.
21 Yet these may ye eat of every flying creeping thing that goeth upon all four, which have legs above their feet, to leap withal upon the earth;
22 Even these of them ye may eat; the locust after his kind, and the bald locust after his kind, and the beetle after his kind, and the grasshopper after his kind.
23 But all other flying creeping things, which have four feet, shall be an abomination unto you.

It is quite clear what they're talking about here. Eating INSECTS. Jehova told them they could eat locusts, grasshoppers, crickets, katydids, even beetles, but not any other kind of insects... especially the ficticious and non-existent 4 footed kind. Try as they might, they could never find, never set eyes upon, an insect with four legs. So why the prohibition against eating something that doesn't exist

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Carnivores and herbivores.
Carnivores have eyes in the front of their head.
Carnivores have sharp front teeth and four longer teeth called eye teeth in humans for tearing into flesh, just like a lion.
Herbivores have eyes in the sides of their head, like rabbits and deer.
Herbivores have teeth designed to at plants, and stomachs designed to digest plants.
Until via the evloutinary process my eyes move to the side of my head and my teeth change from carnivore to herbivore teeth i will continue to eat both meat and plants. The naturalness of the eyes and teeth in the lower animan kingdom whether designed by God or by the evolutionary process are indicative of the diet that animal consumes.
Anthropoligists have studies ancient civilizations and divided them into either hunters/farmerrs. The hunters hunted and ate meat, while the farmers ate plants and grains. What is interesting is that the hunters had larger bones, fewer fractures of bones and overall were deduced to be more fit trim and healthy.
Pass the A-one sauce please!!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

In Deuteronomy God is telling Moses "Be careful not to sacrifice your burnt offerings anywhere you please. Offer them only at the place the Lord will choose in one of your tribes, and there observe everything I command you. You may slaughter your animals in any of your towns and EAT AS MUCH OF THE MEAT AS YOU WANT, as if it were gazelle or deer, according to the blessing the Lord you God gives you. BUT YOU MUST NOT EAT THE BLOOD; pour it oout on the ground like water. " In another verse God says "and you will crave meat and say, "I would like some meat, then you may eat as much of it as you want. In another verse he says "But be sure you do not eat the blood, because the blood is the life and you must not eat the life with the meat. There are other verses as well in this book. In the NT God shows a vision to Peter while he is asleep of a sheet coming down from heaven with ALL kinds of food on it including meat and He told Peter to eat. This vision was to show Peter that what God created man could eat of it. Now, I think this animal had a life and when we do eat of any meal even if we don't eat meant we should be very mindful that it is all a gift from the Father above, and give thanks for the sacrifice this animal has made for man. I am not saying that a person who does not eat meat is wrong or any less of a Christian as well as his brother or sister who sees no wrong by eating meat. We all are Christians and this is what God was showing Peter in his dream. I do not want to offend anyone on this site and I truly hope I have not. Peace to all. Meat eaters and non-meat eaters alike. Amen!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Grandma

AMEN well said Grandma ...and I agree ...

Scripture is clear in the NT we can eat anything as long as we give thanks to God for it and bless it to our bodies ..

As Grandma pointed out ...
One man may think it is ok to eat meat ..another may think it is not ..
One man esteemeth one day as holy ../another esteemeth every day as holy ..etc etc ....
Rom 14:2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
Rom 14:3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.
Rom 14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
Rom 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day [alike]. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
Rom 14:6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth [it] unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard [it]. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.
Rom 14:7 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.
Rom 14:8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.

This is all anyone really needs to know
Rom 14:14¶I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that [there is] nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him [it is] unclean.
Rom 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
Rom 14:18 For he that in these things serveth Christ [is] acceptable to God, and approved of men.
Rom 14:19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.
Rom 14:20 For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed [are] pure; but [it is] evil for that man who eateth with offence.
Rom 14:21 [It is] good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor [any thing] whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.
Rom 14:22 Hast thou faith? have [it] to thyself before God. Happy [is] he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.
Rom 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because [he eateth] not of faith: for whatsoever [is] not of faith is sin.
Because it is not what goes in the mouth that defileth a man ..but what comes out of the heart ...
Mat 15:11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
Mat 15:17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?
Mat 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

Here are more scriptures in the OT
Gen 1:30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein [there is] life, [I have given] every green herb for meat: and it was so.
Gen 9:3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by miriam0566

if you are an atheist, eating a human is no different than eating an animal (since we are animals). however it is still wrong. its still considered murder (even if a court doesnt agree). even from a species point of view, eating ourselves is bad for the gene pool and the overall survival of the species.

That was a screaming generalization to put atheists on the level of every other animal, simply because we too are animals. Animal is name, just as we have Plants. Who are you to judge the thoughts and actions of everyone as well as choose for yourself the sanctity of life. What life exactly is it that is greater than others? The more sentient the being the more value it holds? Who says? God never said that. God said all his creations were equal and beautiful. Using that logic, plants are very much alive, you plant eating hethen.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Thewayshemoves

Did God want us to eat meat human or not?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyjackblack
Ok, the title is a little exaggerated, but it got your attention.
The topic is very serious however, in fact this may be one of the most important threads you'll ever read here on ATS.

The Christian Lie!!!

Ok, the title is a little
exaggerated, (exaggeration=deciet, deception, lie)
but it got your
attention. (so it was ok to bait you with a lie)
The topic is
very serious (and being "very serious" it is "ok" to use deciet, deception and lie to "get your attention")
however, in fact this may be one of the most important threads you'll ever read here on ATS. (another exaggeration deciet and deception).

Reminds me of the BOY who cried WOLF!!!

You need to do some personal inventory of yourself and seek to overcome your character defects, before they become ingrained personality deficits.

It is not what a man puts in his mouth but what comes out of his mouth that defiles him.
...continued on next post

[edit on 12-10-2008 by fmcanarney]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thewayshemoves
That was a screaming generalization to put atheists on the level of every other animal, simply because we too are animals. Animal is name, just as we have Plants. Who are you to judge the thoughts and actions of everyone as well as choose for yourself the sanctity of life. What life exactly is it that is greater than others? The more sentient the being the more value it holds? Who says? God never said that. God said all his creations were equal and beautiful. Using that logic, plants are very much alive, you plant eating hethen.

its not a screaming generalization. atheists DO in fact think we are animals do they not?

second, god never said that. it does say that god is not partial. but the context of the scripture had nothing to do with animals

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
reply to post by Thewayshemoves

Did God want us to eat meat human or not?

Get our your Bible and tell me if it specifies. If it doesn't, then God was indifferent or didn't care enough to point out the fact, if it does mention it, then you choose to go that direction you want to go. If you don't believe in the Bible, or believe in it's entirety, then from where does any of this come?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by miriam0566

Originally posted by Thewayshemoves

its not a screaming generalization. atheists DO in fact think we are animals do they not?

second, god never said that. it does say that god is not partial. but the context of the scripture had nothing to do with animals

Yeah, because the name applied to us is animal. Do we have a difference of opinion on definition? That would destroy anything we'd ever be able to talk about. It should be simple shouldn't it? God never says, "don't eat meat". He also never says, "eat it or die". So you do what you wish to do and I'll do what I wish to do and still neither of us are wrong, just differing in opinion. The only reason I responded was that I felt like you were degrading atheists, which would completely irrelevant to the subject matter. There's nothing for us to argue about otherwise in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
people are getting too smart for religion.....we cannot be so easily manipulated anymore. its in our nature to question things. why would anyone believe something with no proof and an abundance of contradictions.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join