It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank Holiday: Monday, October 13, 2008

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
So I went to 1st Bank to cash a check and I asked them when the bank holiday was, they said next Monday, and that although the bank will be closed, employees will get the day off paid.

I went to Chase and they concurred. I also asked them if they had a higher incidence of people wanting to cash checks and not deposit them, and the teller said yes and that they are having a hard time keeping up with the outflow of Federal Reserve Notes in the last month or so.

I thought the bank holiday was a rumor, but it is happening in COLORADO for certain. Anyone else hear of this?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Monday is Columbus Day, a Federal holiday every year in which banks close for the day. Nothing new

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

ah....yes all the banks are having that day off, in fact its a federal holiday.

Called: Columbus Day

Let's not get too paranoid, yet....

[edit on 6-10-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

So they didn't know, then. They were thinking holiday, holiday, and not an actual bank holiday. An actual bank holiday would cause panic-sex and rioting in the streets. Columbus Day just makes Steve Doocy salivate. There is a difference. I get it now.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

This is nothing more than some fearmonger, (which this site is overloaded with) trying to cause more fear. Monday, October 13, is Columbus Day, a National Holiday. Banks are always closed on this day. Try something else.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RealityisanIllusion

The OP clearly stated s/he was wrong and it was a mistake

...move along

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I originally read it here:

www.tickerforum.org...

But when I was in the bank they meant Columbus Day and I thought they meant an actual holiday for banks. I will try again. I will go there tomorrow and confront them.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by pluckynoonez]

What is funny is that when the guy said when "the bank holiday" was, I was like "stock up on ammo and canned goods..." and he just looked at me. Now I know why. No one prepares for armageddon on Columbus Day, except for the native americans.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashodi

Make a comment about the original post or move along, and I don't see the the phrase "Oh, I'm wrong" anywhere in anything she said.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by RealityisanIllusion]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I just wanted to tell you I love you plucky, your da bomb.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Plucky my dear its not time for panic-sex yet
the banks will be closed on the 13th cause its a federal holiday, also the mail won't run either
to bad the banks get the day off but the rest of us have to work

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

It's a federal holiday, I don't have to work, and I could really care less if the bank is close or not, I intend to spend the day on the deck drinking Miller Lite.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
That's also the Canadian Thanksgiving holiday.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Damnit! Ok you're right...it was only implied

....I'm going, I'm going...

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
OMG, I almost pissed myself laughing!

This is some CLASSIC stuff right here, thanks O/P for the laugh!

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
October 13th is a federal holiday, of course the banks will be closed, no worries. This is wasted server space, the thread should be closed.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I'm hearing now that there will also be bank holidays near the end of November and the end of December.

I'm working my sources to confirm this. I am also hearing that schools and businesses are also going to shut down at the same time. THIS is BIG. Someone check Reinhardt's website to see if he can explain this to us...

PS - we still love you Plucky!

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

OMG seriously, no offense op, that's honestly the funniest thing I ever saw on ATS lol.. crying laughing so hard..

BANK HOLIDAY!! .. oi ya, it's everyone's holiday lol .. ah man, don't come any better then that...

Seriously though, seriously.. every one.. imagine what the teller is thinking as OP here looks in shocked disbelief that the banks are closed Monday .. probably thinking that dudes nuts!

At least I can go to bed smiling now.. Good job plucky!!

What is funny is that when the guy said when "the bank holiday" was, I was like "stock up on ammo and canned goods..." and he just looked at me.

OMG I can't take it lol .. seriously, I don't care who you that there is funny!

[edit on 10/6/2008 by Rockpuck]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

No one prepares for armageddon on Columbus Day, except for the native americans.

That is the line that I spit coffee on!!!!!!

I needed to change my shirt!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Thank You Plucky!

I am very sincere...much thanks for the great laugh on such a gloomy trading day.

I flagged your thread. Thanks again!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
It's Colombus Day/Canadian Thanskgiving

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join