It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's almost October 7th and I'm still alive (and so will you!)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I was shocked when I read all the talk regarding October 7th today during my free time. Sure something major could happen, but what of all the other predictions and big dates on this site? Did others come true? Feel free to discuss the skeptical arguments against predictions concerning this date. Feel free to come to this thread tomorrow, or on the 8th, to say "Hi" and to show everyone that you are still alive

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I read some of the predictions here about Oct 7th over the last few days.
Where I am at its almost over, being late afternoon NZDT.
No one ever said what time zone these calamities were in? UTC?
Pacific Time?.
I guess it depends where your centre of the Universe is at doesn't it.

Heck of a storm here today, rain and 150km winds lashing all day long.

Its about over and thats about it.

Nothing else happened.

Where do I get my " I survived 2008/10/07" t-shirt?

Next?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
if the past is any indication, i'm not going to hold my breath.

not saying it's not possible, but i'm not going to spend my time obsessing, being afraid, and worrying.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I see, in my list of subscribed threads, that Anonymous ATS replied to my thread. The problem is, though, that I can't see the post! Oh my God, tomorrow really is the end of the world
!

[edit on 6-10-2008 by they see ALL]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by they see ALL

Tomorrow will be a lot like the 14th....nothing will happen...yes we are having financial turmoil, but so what's new?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker11
if the past is any indication, i'm not going to hold my breath.

That's how I feel.

not saying it's not possible, but i'm not going to spend my time obsessing, being afraid, and worrying.

It's exciting, though, right?

Originally posted by Gateway
Tomorrow will be a lot like the 14th....nothing will happen...yes we are having financial turmoil, but so what's new?

Nothing's new, except for maybe the web bot
. This web bot, however, is very interesting. I still don't know the details of it, though.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Still October 6th.

2nd line.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferengi
Still October 6th.

Oh, a believer
! That's okay, we're all friends here. Be sure to come by tomorrow or on the 8th

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferengi
Still October 6th.

I hate to be fastidious, but... there are more time zones in the world than just those in the USA, you know? :-)

In Europe, it's been October 7th for quite a few hours.
And in Australia, it's already October 8th!

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Not concerned in the least. I could die in the next hour and a half from a cause that is unrelated to any doom and gloom prophecy. I don't plan my life around predictions, although I do think it is in one's best interest to learn natural survival skills in general... but having been raised in a baptist church that once thrived off of rapture date settings, I learned to give specific dates of gloom absolutely no attention

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Actually, I believe a biological warhead just went off in Halifax, it's shortly after midnight there. I can smell it drifting westward. Shoooot...

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Speak for yourself, come October 7, 2008, I will be vaporized by a large 2,000 mile Alien Star Destroyer as it tries to clear the way for an inter-galactic highway... my fish channeled this information for me, and is known to be very accurate. It predicted Britney Spears would shave her head bald, to look like a fish. I thought it was just being crazy.

Fishes are so untrustworthy. Mine just channels the spirit of Abraham Lincoln.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
In the long line of history you could in essence bring up any day of the year and say this or that happened that was bad for humans.

You can pinpoint any date in our history and com e up with something bad.
It doesnt take a person that is either in tune, or one with the universe to know we are comming into some troubled times.

With the pass of this bail out, we the people have been robbed!
Something will come out of that.. Sertinly it will, and within the week!

So again it doesnt take someone who claims to be of the enlightened soul to know what we are up against!

All it takes is a little research! And a little comman sense to realize that we are pretty much screwed either way.

Now all this talk about Alien races comming down to save us?? Thats a good thought and all.. But I hope when these days come and go, that it would help many get a better grip. Yet it wont.. The days will keep on comming like the water of a fountain! And people will make up some reason why its not going to happen.

PEOPLE be pacient! We will all die in our time. And no reason to go and doom and gloom so much.. I can see doing a little out of the vibe we all have right now.. But pushing fear is not doing anyone any good here.

Sure there is something in space comming at our planet right now said to hit somewhere near africa.. But its like time right now as I type this.

Today will come and go.. AND yes some bad things are going to happen.
But good things will take place too!
ITs going to be another day, and another dollar. Another mad hatters day on planet Earth!

I might be a druid of light.. But I am not some flighty, doom and gloomer, nay sayer, nor debunker.. I just know in my heart, that this life is to damn complicated to just end right now.
Our struggle is not over, and we all have our jobs to get too.

Yeah that would be nice huh? Just to have it all end.. Or have some alien race come and save us from the everyday rat race..
Sorry gals and guys.. Us Earthlings are just not that lucky.
Or unlucky if you want to look at it that way.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
Speak for yourself, come October 7, 2008, I will be vaporized by a large 2,000 mile Alien Star Destroyer as it tries to clear the way for an inter-galactic highway... my fish channeled this information for me, and is known to be very accurate. It predicted Britney Spears would shave her head bald, to look like a fish. I thought it was just being crazy.

Yea? Well my computer keylogs every computer and sniffs every network in the world, gathers all the info and composes it in Microsoft word. After that, it copy/pastes its gathered info into Microsoft Excel, and creates and handy line-graph showing me the dates and times that something bad is going to happen. Currently, my chart has a large spike for October 7th. Weird, eh?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming

I'm taking my first aid certification tomorrow. Do you think they cover vaporizing? I'd like to be able to use it.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

You can have my geese any time.
The last time those buggers predicted anything with any accuracy was on March 15 44 BC.

I think I'll be switching to liver.
I hear it's pretty accurate.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I didn't see any prediction claiming that we would all die today, so your thread's premise doesn't even make sense.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Nothing will happen tomorrow because I alone have already saved the world.

Yes.

Me.

When tomorrow arrives like any other day, I will have proven my statements.

Donations demonstrating your gratitude can be delivered via direct deposit into my Wachovia...um, I mean my WaMu...no, I mean my Lehman Brothers...no, no, I mean my Merrill Lynch accounts....oh, crap.

Bury some gold and send me a U2U telling me where it is.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by loam]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
In Europe, it's been October 7th for quite a few hours.

That's a good point!

And in Australia, it's already October 8th!

Really? That makes sense. It's also very interesting! Thanks for sharing!

Originally posted by justamomma
Not concerned in the least. I could die in the next hour and a half from a cause that is unrelated to any doom and gloom prophecy. I don't plan my life around predictions, although I do think it is in one's best interest to learn natural survival skills in general... but having been raised in a baptist church that once thrived off of rapture date settings, I learned to give specific dates of gloom absolutely no attention

I'm taking this date with a grain of salt because of the other big dates discussed on ATS.

Originally posted by For(Home)Country
Actually, I believe a biological warhead just went off in Halifax, it's shortly after midnight there. I can smell it drifting westward. Shoooot...

OMG! That's crazy! I think that President Bush declared martial law, as the stock market just fell even more than you can even imagine!

Originally posted by zysin5
Today will come and go.. AND yes some bad things are going to happen.
But good things will take place too!
ITs going to be another day, and another dollar. Another mad hatters day on planet Earth!

Good post.

Originally posted by enigmania
I didn't see any prediction claiming that we would all die today, so your thread's premise doesn't even make sense.

Alright. All I remember was that something bad might occur. One prediction said that it would be greater than 9/11. I connected the dots.

Originally posted by loam
Nothing will happen tomorrow because I alone have already saved the world.

Thank you!

Donations demonstrating your gratitude can be delivered via direct deposit into my Wachovia...

Don't you mean Citibank
. Uh oh, about ten minutes

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
ZOMG! My fish just died! And now he wants to channel through me!

"Greetings people of the Air Surface,

For generations you have imprisoned my people, and enslaved them to a life of drudgery and boredom induced bubble blowing. I have killed myself this day, October 6, 2008 to united with an alien asteroid that is currently just passing Earth.

My spirit has now bonded with 2008 TC3 and is currently having a pleasant view over the African coast. I am meeting up with the on coming Star Destroyer which is currently charging its capacitor array, and preparing to discharge over 200 duodecillion watts of planet destroying power pointed in your direction.

All us victimized disembodied fish are eagerly awaiting the destruction of Earth. Make well your last moments and prepare yourself for Über annihilation!

The October 14th arrival of the Federation of Light unfortunately will be postponed due to a newly created asteroid belt in the vicinity of Earth."

-- Commander ScallyWag

Wow... I didn't know my fish had such loathing for mankind, I just wish he'd stop channeling bubbles in my ear, it's annoying as hell.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join