It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 questions for a freemason.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Man Killed During Initiation at Masonic Lodge; Masons Say Gun Not Sanctioned Part of Rite

By Frank Eltman Associated Press Writer
Published: Mar 9, 2004
ap.tbo.com...

Guns and a guillotine played a regular role in a secret masonic ritual that turned deadly for a
Long Island man, who was shot in the head and killed on March 10, 2004. Members of the
masonic lodge claim they've used guns in some initiation ceremonies for more than 70 years.
www.freepressinternational.com...

All the infornmation you ever wanted to know about Freemasons. Remember one member might not know because of his rank and if he has completed certain degrees. The degrees have inner and outter courts to them as well. In other words 2 33 degree masons standing side by side might be on different paths to illuminization.
www.freemasonrywatch.org...

Remember, Freemasonry and Shriners are a front organization for many higher societies that practice occultism(to hide). Weird thing is the higher up occultists know enough about astrology,numerology,sacred geometry and ancient rites that their majick does indeed work. Im presently researching and compiling a list of examples in world events on how dates,times,eclipses,pagan holidays etc are being used.

Freemasonry would be considered at the base of this pyramidical hierarchey. It gets stranger the higher up the pyramid we go.

[Edited on 28-3-2004 by project_pisces]

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by godservant
I understand. That is good news. I am now left with no reason to believe all the yappin' about how freemasonry is evil. It just seems like... a fellowship.

Thank you for your answers. I hope this is not a repeat post - I didn't find anything that answered these questions elsewhere.

[Edited on 24-3-2004 by godservant]

Freemasonry in itself is not evil. However, like many other organisations - Rotary and the Round Table - Freemasonry does include some nasty people. With a membership in the thousands, it would be highly unlikely for it to be completely free of such people. As for the higher up or 'Illumist' degrees, if they do exist then they are the people I would be worried about.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   

For all we know, all you Masons could be mind controlled

Not all, just those of us who are married.

Freemasonry in itself is not evil. However, like many other organisations - Rotary and the Round Table - Freemasonry does include some nasty people. With a membership in the thousands, it would be highly unlikely for it to be completely free of such people.

Worldwide membership is around 7 million, with about 4 million Masons in the U.S.
With the size of membership, you are certainly correct that a few bad apples are bound to slip through. This is unfortunate, but is a basic law of statistics.

As for the higher up or 'Illumist' degrees, if they do exist then they are the people I would be worried about.

I would think the exact opposite view should be taken. The more illuminated a person is, the more liberal, kind, charitable, and honorable he or she becomes. Illuminism is not the enemy: the true enemy is unIlluminsim, which is darkness, superstition, and oppression. When man is illuminated, only then is he truly free. Otherwise, he merely stumbles in darkness.

P.S. for the flying saucer guy:

The man killed in NY has been addressed in other threads. This was not a Masonic initiation, but was an initiation into a local club that involved a juvenile prank that went horribly wrong.

Virtus junxit mors non separabit.

[Edited on 28-3-2004 by Masonic Light]

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Someone once told me if you had a Masonic symbol on your house the army wouldn't burn it when the civil war was rampaging through the south.

The late Brother Allen Roberts had written an excellent book on Freemasonry during the U.S. Civil Wr called "House Undivided" which gives several examples.
The example you gave is probably based on the true story of a Union general ordering that Albert Pike's house in Little Rock not be razed. The Union officer, whose name escapes me at the moment, was a Mason, and was aware that Pike's library contained many rare books and manuscripts (Pike was a general in the Confederacy at the time).
A pretty good article on the subject can be read at www.freemason.org...

Fiat Lvx.

I think the story I heard is from here in Georgia. That might have been the story refered to. Everything was burned to the ground in the wake of Sherman marching through Atlanta. The son of someone who was high up in the government told me that story. Thanks for sharing the link.

[Edited on 31-3-2004 by TgSoe]

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I'm new around here, and I have a question pertaining to this thread:

Why does everyone use the phrase "union of brick layers" to refer to the Masons? Is this some kind of auto-replace feature of the forum, or does everyone here use that phrase normally?

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
hmmm....i just re-read several of the other posts, and see that my messages, as well as those of others, have been changed. I never wrote "union of brick layers", nor did anyone else.
It looks like there is a conspiracy, after all. Someone is rewriting our posts.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   

hmmm....i just re-read several of the other posts, and see that my messages, as well as those of others, have been changed. I never wrote "union of brick layers", nor did anyone else.
That's very odd. Anbody got any ideas on how this might be happening? or Why?

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Okay, I'll bite.
What are you seeing?

Post Number: 443145 quote

Evidence suggests that Freemasonry was formed in England during the early middle ages for the purpose of operating as a craftsmen's guild forstonemasons. The term "Free Mason" originally denoted a Mason who was not bound as a serf during the period of feudalism.
Beginning in the 17th century, Lodges began to admit men who were not professional stone and brick masons, but who nevertheless had an interest in the fraternity's history and traditions. Eventually, these "Accepted Masons" began to outnumber the professional stonemasons, and

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by 23rd_Degree

That's very odd. Anbody got any ideas on how this might be happening? or Why?

What is today's date? Think about it.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
What is today's date? Think about it.

Oh, it was supposed to be a joke? Man, that is so not a good joke.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
bad joke, but all in good fun im sure

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Can no one just let people do what they want?

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Why is it masons allways throw up the shriners hospital? Yea its a good thing but quit hiding behind it. If you are a christian and have doubts about the masons i would suggest going to your local bible stopre and finding a copy of the book "fast facts on false teachings" fairly defenative IMHO

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   

If you are a christian and have doubts about the masons i would suggest going to your local bible stopre and finding a copy of the book "fast facts on false teachings" fairly defenative IMHO

Or perhaps even better (and certainly less expensive), one can read for free "Is It True What They Say About Freemasonry?" by Bro. Arturo DeHoyos, 33�, and Dr. S. Brent Morris, 33�, G.C., available here (note: this page is Chapter 1 only...the links for the other chapters are at the bottom of the page):
www.srmason-sj.org...

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   

i would suggest going to your local bible stopre and finding a copy of the book "fast facts on false teachings

Ironic that a bible store would sell such a book when the bible is easily the biggest sourcebook for false teachings ever written. Anybody reading this that may think i am attempting to incite Christians is wrong, i just find it amusing that in a culture full of Pat Robertson and his likes that a bible book store sells a book attacking the masons.

One question for the masons who are reading this, it's my understanding that freemasonry is inclusive of all religions and beliefs, would this include santeria, voudou or any other "primitive" religions as well?

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   

One question for the masons who are reading this, it's my understanding that freemasonry is inclusive of all religions and beliefs, would this include santeria, voudou or any other "primitive" religions as well?

No one is ever asked what their religion is, as such is irrelevant in a fraternal organization. The only religious requirement is a belief in a Creator God, regardless of what the individual may call Him (or Her
)
There are moral qualifications, however. One must be relatively respectful, and cannot have a criminal record which includes a felony. The vast majority of all men in the U.S. more or less meet these requirements, and are eligible to become Masons.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   

...There are moral qualifications, however. One must be relatively respectful, and cannot have a criminal record which includes a felony...

We had a Past Master of our Lodge removed from membership by the Grand Lodge of California after he was convicted of a Felony

top topics

<< 1   >>

join