It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 questions for a freemason.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
1) Is freemasonry apart of the NWO?

2) Why was freemasonry formed.

3) Where will masons be during the rule of the antichrist, or do they know.

The reason I ask, is because it seems that those who are not with the antichrist or NWO will be the ones that will rule when the son of man returns. If masonry is apart of the NWO, then that would mean they are marked.

I am not trying to put down masonry, I am just wondering these things before I look into them any further.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
1. No

2. To keep gilded secrets secret. Trade professions and jobs to those who were/are members of the trade or profession. Before unions, the Freemasons had to keep track somehow.

3. Between a rock and a hard place, like everyone else.

These are answers from a non-member... the second one came from a book. There is a Mason Temple up here, thought about going to a meeting just to see... maybe I should some day.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Freemasonry is a sovereign and independent fraternal organization for men, having at least some members in most civilized nations.
It is not part of any other organization, than the Masonic society itself.

Evidence suggests that Freemasonry was formed in England during the early middle ages for the purpose of operating as a craftsmen's guild for stonemasons. The term "Free Mason" originally denoted a Mason who was not bound as a serf during the period of feudalism.
Beginning in the 17th century, Lodges began to admit men who were not professional stone and brick masons, but who nevertheless had an interest in the fraternity's history and traditions. Eventually, these "Accepted Masons" began to outnumber the professional stonemasons, and Freemasonry began to take on the characteristics of a gentlemen's club.
This attracted many intellectuals of the period, who began joining the Lodges in large numbers. The Fraternity's rituals were re-written to emphasize the teachings of the Enlightenment by several of the philosophers and poets who became Masons, and modern Freemasonry could be said to trace its birth to this point.

Belief in the antichrist is a component of the doctrine of some Christian sects. Freemasonry is non-sectarian; it does not discriminate on the basis of religious belief, and thus opens its doors to men of all faiths. For example, I personally am a Unitarian with Taoist and Buddhist leanings.
Freemasonry takes no stand on any theology, with the sole exception of belief in a Supreme Being. Religious questions are left to individual Masons to decide for themselves, and, because Masons come from many different religious backgrounds, we don't always agree with each other on theological questions.
If you want my personal opinion, it is my belief that the "antichrist" spoken of in the Christian Scriptures was the Roman Emperor Nero, who had launched a bloody campaign against the Christians as St. John was writing Revelation.
One clue is his inclusion of the number 666. In Greek gematria, a form of numerology familiar to John and his early readers, the sum of the values of letters in the name "Nero Caesar" equal 666.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I understand. That is good news. I am now left with no reason to believe all the yappin' about how freemasonry is evil. It just seems like... a fellowship.

Thank you for your answers. I hope this is not a repeat post - I didn't find anything that answered these questions elsewhere.

[Edited on 24-3-2004 by godservant]

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
its a brotherhood, consisting of members of power, who belong to other private or secret organizations...some satanic, which makes some people want to connect the many organizations together...in return come up with the nwo...which is real, and all these rich fukers are playing out a sick fanasy.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by godservant

Here's the problem with asking questions like those: They are exactly the types of questions that, given that the masons/freemasons are as crooked as most of us non-masons believe, these are the questions that Masons would LOVE to answer... In the interest of misinformation, you see.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   

They are exactly the types of questions that, given that the masons/freemasons are as crooked as most of us non-masons believe

Speaking of misinformation, the above quote is an excellent example. Most non-Masons do not believe that Freemasonry is "crooked". The vast majority of non-Masons support Masonic functions, especially endeavors like the Shriners Childrens Hospitals and Knight Templar Eye Foundation.
Famous Masons include George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, Mozart, Louis Armstong, Duke Ellington, Marquis de Lafayette, John Wayne, Clark Gable, Count Basie, Samuel Clemmons (Mark Twain), Voltaire, Rousseau, Harry S. Truman, and Col. Harlan Sanders (the fried chicken guru). I would hardly label these gentlemen as "crooked."
However, there has always been a minority that has opposed Freemasonry. This minority has also opposed practically everything else that elevates people, and gives them hope.
One thing that has always fascinated me about anti-Masonic writing is that it is blatant hate propaganda. When you read an anti-Masonic article or post, just replace the word "Mason" with "Jew" or "Negro", and you'll see what I mean; these anti-Masonic propagandists operate on the same level as other hate groups, such as the Ku Klux Klan and neo-Nazi organizations.
Speaking of which, one of the earliest acts of legislation passed by the Nazi Party when they gained control of Reichstag was to outlaw Freemasonry, with Party officials issuing anti-Masonic literature similar (and in many cases identical to) what I've seen their modern counterparts do on this very forum.
I would suggest anyone interested in the subject to read "Freemasonry" by Dietrick Shwarz, a Nazi official in the Third Reich, and compare it to modern anti-Masonic writing: you will see they are certainly cut from the same cloth.

Fiat Lvx.

[Edited on 24-3-2004 by Masonic Light]

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 04:51 AM
link   
While we're at it, I have another question about Freemasons. What's the value of the building of the third temple (after the temple of Solomon and the temple of Herod) to the Freemasons? I know there's a relation between the temples and the Freemasons but is this "third temple to come" important to them?

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   

What's the value of the building of the third temple (after the temple of Solomon and the temple of Herod) to the Freemasons?

In Freemasonry, the Temple of Solomon is used as a symbol of the completed man. This also why some Masonic Lodges are called "temples".
Masonic rituals are based upon biblical accounts of the construction of the Temple of Jerusalem during the reign of Solomon; these ancient legends are used in Masonry as allegorical dramas to teach its system of science, philosophy, and ethics. As the noted Masonic scholar Albert Pike once wrote, "Freemasonry builds its temples in the hearts of men".
The literal building of any temples for the purpose of promoting a sectarian religion is of no concern to the Fraternity.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Masons are just another club. If they were secret, they would not put the masonic symbol on their cars or wear masonic jewelry..
Their buildings would be hidden from the public.

Masons make men better by having them involved more with the community and their families and helping fellow masons out when they are in need of help.

Only requirements to be a mason...be 21, male, believe in a power greater than your self (god, buddah, supreme being, creater of all). Must NOT be an atheist, and have no felony convistions.

Only way to become a mason is to ask a mason that you would like to join.
Masons don't recruit nor will they ever ask someone to be a mason.

You have to want to become a mason on your own free will.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
HENRY FORD WAS A MASON AND RESPONSIBLE FOR LOWERING THE WORK DAY TO 8 HOURS FROM WHATEVER IT WAS BEFORE THEN. AND ALSO PAYING HIGHER WAGES THAN ANYONE ELSE AT THAT TIME. I THINK THE BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO THE WORLD IS THE MASONS.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Even if any of that was true, do you honestly think someone who would have that knowledge would verify all that? I sure as hell wouldnt.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malkavin
Even if any of that was true, do you honestly think someone who would have that knowledge would verify all that? I sure as hell wouldnt.

All of 'that' is pretty close to the truth. Freemasons are dedicated to self-improvement, education, and the betterment of those whom they have the power to help. They are a philanthropic organization and give away an amount of money infinitely larger than they take.

The freemasons are too 'uncrooked' to be a part of a sinister plot to rule the world under tyrannical precepts.

They's good folk.

DeltaChaos

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Im not saying they arent good folks, Ive applied to become a member, and have been accepted, I just need to get around to paying the fees and whatnot. Im just saying if it were true, it wouldnt be common conversation material.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I forgot to mention he also brought to us the best, strongest, toughest, longest lasting, best looking, best riding, best sound system, fastest car and truck on the planet. So much better than the old horse and buggy days. I wonder how many times a spooked horse ran off with a wagon load of kids and wrecked hurting everyone aboard?

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TgSoe
I forgot to mention he also brought to us the best, strongest, toughest, longest lasting, best looking, best riding, best sound system, fastest car and truck on the planet...

Dang
The conspiracy theories must be true cause Henry Ford brought us Chevies too

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingSolomon

Originally posted by TgSoe
I forgot to mention he also brought to us the best, strongest, toughest, longest lasting, best looking, best riding, best sound system, fastest car and truck on the planet...

Dang
The conspiracy theories must be true cause Henry Ford brought us Chevies too

I don't think so. He did the same thing as Bill Gates did, he bought the idea from someoen else. lol

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by godservant

I believe they are part of it and are practicing the religion of the NWO.

As a school to find advanced occultist to carry on. Not only that but to spread out and rule as the Satanists say. To slowly take over if you will.

The reason I ask, is because it seems that those who are not with the antichrist or NWO will be the ones that will rule when the son of man returns. If masonry is apart of the NWO, then that would mean they are marked.

I am not trying to put down masonry, I am just wondering these things before I look into them any further.

Someone once told me if you had a Masonic symbol on your house the army wouldn't burn it when the civil war was rampaging through the south. I personally believe that when all the dust settles all the elite who have manipulated the world with religions will climb out of thier safe havens and start again with a much depopulated earth. Have you ever seen someone with to many cats? I don't believe there will ever be a 1000 yr. reign of Christ on the earth although its promised in the bible. It wont matter anyhow because most of the christians will be dead. It is only designed to give them hope in the next life. They will gladly lay down thier lives in this life, hoping for a better in the next. They will never miss it because they wont be here. I believe the seven year tribulation will be a cleansing period where the world will be rid of all dead weight. Dead weight meaning those who have not been beneficial to the Elite socities. They will start over with a new group of decieved slaves. After the thousand years is up the Devil will be unleashed again to repeat the cycle all over again which might be subject to change with the way technology is now. They may find an easier more efficient way to keep down the population. The whole thing reminds me of the local dog pound but sadly with people.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Someone once told me if you had a Masonic symbol on your house the army wouldn't burn it when the civil war was rampaging through the south.

The late Brother Allen Roberts had written an excellent book on Freemasonry during the U.S. Civil Wr called "House Undivided" which gives several examples.
The example you gave is probably based on the true story of a Union general ordering that Albert Pike's house in Little Rock not be razed. The Union officer, whose name escapes me at the moment, was a Mason, and was aware that Pike's library contained many rare books and manuscripts (Pike was a general in the Confederacy at the time).
A pretty good article on the subject can be read at www.freemason.org...

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I'm thinking somewhat like Cappa, earlier.

I have come to the conclusion that the Masons themselves may be what they say, a fraternal group doing good, etc. etc.
But, within the Freemasons, there ARE members who have gone beyond and are aligned with NWO and other more nefarious groups bent on global control.

For all we know, all you Masons could be mind controlled

top topics

<<   2 >>

join