It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope kicks off Bible-reading marathon on Italian television

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Pope kicks off Bible-reading marathon on Italian television

seattletimes.nwsource.com

The Associated Press

ROME — Pope Benedict XVI's "In the beginning" started off a weeklong Bible-reading marathon on Italian television Sunday.

RAI state TV began its program, called "The Bible Day and Night," with Benedict reciting the first chapter of the book of Genesis — the holy text's opening verses about the creatio
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nydailynews.com

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Pope Benedict XVI has begun the historic reading of the entire Christian Bible from Rome, and which is one of the most ancient, and feared, rites of Christendom meant to presage what they term as the beginning of the “Last Days”.

I thought this would be an interesting addition for all of the Armageddon and WWIII threads.

seattletimes.nwsource.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bruxfain

Is this really what the rites are for the "end of days"?This is what scares me about all of these religions,secret societies,and the masses of people that believe in them.Their belief can constitute action that affects us all.I remember a story a couple of years back that discussed the issue of evangelical Christians sending millions of dollars to Israel and organizing their "flocks"(such a fitting phrase in my opinion)to vote for politicians who support Israel because they believe that the nation of Israel must survive to be destroyed in the "end times."Of course these unscrupulous people did not reject the money,and played lip service about being "brothers in faith."

If the world ends,it may start there,and it will not be because it was in prophecy,but because these people made it so.Even if it was in revelations,these people are the "whores of babylon"who brought it into being.This makes me afraid and sick that the true enemies of mankind claim to be our "spiritual teachers."

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I just read the Times article and it mentions nowhere about this being a "fear rite of the last days" or whatever. Where is this coming from??

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
yes, I'd like to know where that's coming from too , that's an incredibly significant piece of information if it is true yet a google search returns nothing to suggest this practice has special significance. Everyone knows the Vatican is in on everything corrupt, if the reading of the entire bible really is a feared ancient rite meant to infer the end of things are anticipated then that is something to worry about, and I'm NOT as Christian or religious person.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Hopefully "the last days" of religion on this planet!
Maybe they are all praying to whatever imaginary
being they all pray to,for forgiveness of the abuse
lies and death they have dished out for centuries..
I won`t hold my breath though!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I think it is just the preamble before he finally announces to the world who he really is!

[edit on 7/10/08 by WatchNLearn]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
did it not say in the bible that, before the end the bible would be preached throughout the world, maybe this is what it means.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I don't see the problem Jesus told his disciples to share the "Good news", i.e. the Gospel, i.e. the Bible. Bringing in Jews is a nice touch. Its kind of nice, a positive thing, with all the bad stuff happening. And Im not a Bible thumper.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by daeoeste

I actually got the "ancient, and feared, rites" portion from another website. What does it all mean. I know its a hoax site, but the article and events in Rome are true and fit in nicely with the theme of Armageddon, currently all the rage on ATS.

new topics

top topics

join