It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could That Have Been the Bottom? Cramer says, "Get Out"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss

I will be watching the Asian and Euro markets tonite with great interest.

Do you know of a good reliable asian news source that I can also watch tonight. I think things are going to get really really bad. I'd like some kind of advanced warning.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I am not using anything special just Yahoo Finance it updates close to real time.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I know on Monday after the bailout failed CNBC covered the Asian markets from 1 am on. Don't know if they will do that tonight in that I am not sure they frequent ATS.
However if they did I wonder what they would think of all of this. I for one will be watching tonite that is certain.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by seejanerun]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Centurion, you're right on. Selling now makes no sense.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Well, regardless of whether or not a depression actually hits, I went out today and stocked up (and I mean crammed as much as I could) on non-perishables.

I'm set for a couple of months until I need to restock... of course, I'm still eating my usual meals in the mean time, but I've got something to fall back on now in case everything gets turned upside down.

... I highly suggest all of you do the same.
If I could order you to do so, I would... but I can't.

Seriously guys, go out now and stock up on anything you will need to make it through at least a couple of months... more if possible.

If the financial crisis is averted, then at least you have a whole load of rations in case of a natural disaster in the distant future.

So, as soon as you get a moment to do so, GO OUT AND STOCK UP!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by mybigunit

Buying only works if you think you're close to bottom.

At best, I'd hold.

You dont blow your whole wad now. You starting putting money in gradually as the market falls. Like I said it will cost average out in the end. But now is not the time to sell for sure. Buy some of the stocks you bought high right now while they are low and cost average it down. That is how the pros do it.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Regardless, our money is devaluing. In the market, out of the market, is all going to change. The NWO wants it this way and you hear from so many sources now, how can it be ignored. Large financial institution is unreliable. Take your money and do what needs to be done for yourself. Take the steps necessary to make sure you can participate in the real economy (local) and out of this bubble economy.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Well safe for another day! I guess...

From Wiki:

The "law of unintended consequences" (also called the "law of unforeseen consequences") states that any purposeful action will produce some unintended consequences. A classic example is a bypass — a road built to relieve traffic congestion on a congested road — that attracts new development and with it more traffic, resulting in two congested streets instead of one.

This maxim is not a scientific law; it is more in line with Murphy's law as a warning against the hubristic belief that humans can fully control the world around them. Stated in other words, each cause has more than one effect, and these effects will invariably include at least one unforeseen side effect. The unintended side effect can potentially be more significant than any of the intended effects.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join