It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Somone Please Bring Me a Dose off Reality

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Hi everyone
In respone to so many Oct 7th threads , i would like to plead to anyone to please bring a dose of reality to this board explaining how the wolrd will not end , Economy will not collapse , so on and so forth
Please anyone, For the sake off my mental health, the majority of ATS's mental health
As in debunking the web bot predictions , Reighnahrt (sp) predictions,whatever
Please this is a no fear mongering Zone, Please feel free to tell us why it will happen if you wish but please be cival about it

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I have just had a bad feeling about Tuesday, October 7th, and I don't know if it's due to any prediction, other then for some uneasy reason, I have been worrying about it as a key date. So hopefully nothing to worry about.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
This stance contradicts you username, Wag LOL

Imo, if something happens, we have no choice but to adapt and attempt to overcome the best we can. But i refuse to dwell in fear spirals. I shall wait to see what happens.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
October 7th is looking REALLY bad

LOL jk

Erm the stock marke...hmmm

Theres that meteo...

erm

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Wow, your on the wrong site if you are looking for the rosy side of life!

Just take a week or two off, watch some boob-tube and you will see that you can once again become indifferent to everything that is going on around you. Trust, me, I tried it.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I've been trying to get this across in all of those doom threads that I've posted in.

It's 7th of October in Australia, and the day couldn't be more perfect! There's no screaming asteroids or nuclear missiles or anything of that nature.

Who cares about the markets, what's so bad about a bartering system

All of this has been made into a hyper-panic. I mean web bot predictions...

Puuhhhhlllleaaassee. That is proper BS.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE

You just beat me to this post.

WHile I can't offer you absolute proof because the time hasn't passed yet, I HIGHLY doubt that anything will happen tomorrow. I may be wrong, but I doubt it, and here's why:

The talk of something happening and it being an "inside job" is all over the internet. People expect TPTB to try to pull something.

TBTB may be evil but they are not stupid. With that information out there, so many peopl aware of, if not subscribed to, the 911 theories, plus so many people angry over the bailout, we have reached a fever pitch.

I beleive people are waiting for that excuse to strike back. We're all sitting around, looking at each other, thinking "You go first."

So tomorrow would be a very bad time to try any false flag event.

I could be utterly wrong... and there could always be an event that is utterly unrelated to the governments, in the style of Sichuan or Chernobyl, but I'm dubious.

I think it's entirely possible that the webbots picked up the self-perpetuating fear of an upcomign event, once the announcement was made, rather than the pain comign from an event itself.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Lol

WAGD, you must be sobering up mate....get back to the pub and knock back a few pints and forget about all this scaremongering

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE

Please anyone, For the sake off my mental health, the majority of ATS's mental health

hear hear, I have been up all night thinking of what October 7th was going to bring. I fear that i might have to *gasp* take a break from ATS for a few days in order to sleep peacefully like at night like the rest of the 'sheep' out there.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

You have had a bad feeling about it probably because that's all you have been reading about. Fear is contagious, when you start to panic the fear snowballs and you'll have a physiological response to it, ie. hyperventilation, tightness in the chest, shortness of breath, fight or flight response. All this comes from a feeling of a lack of control, but the truth is, this is something that has to be accepted. You cannot control every aspect of your life and through acceptance of this comes relief.
Stop panicking - fear is the mind killer. Live in the moment as it is all you have, it is all you have ever had.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
If it's any consolation, I've been reading predictions on ATS for many years now and not a single one of them have come true. Not one.

Many people have tried to say they have by pointing things out after the fact, but after the fact doesn't count much. It's not really a prediction unless you say exactly what is going to happen before the event occurs.

Besides, I still have to get through tomorrow regardless of what happens. I'm just going to put on my lucky Mr. Snowman underwear and hope for the best.

Hope that helped

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Reality

Here you go WAGD, on me.

Mod Edit: Image Hotlinking – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6/10/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
According to Interview - Naomi Wolf - a coup d’etat has already started on Oct 1 st so anything could happen now it appears.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
this is what I did after two straight days of hanging out here and almost having a nervous breakdown.....I gathered my small amount of guns and ammo, went to a military surplus store (only ended up purchasing a solar powered radio) but I learned alot. I have plans to stock up on canned goods and toilet paper tomorrow. I took my money out of the bank. I guess I feel better..........doesn't seem like I really did much, but it was SOMETHING, other than just sit here paralyzed.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE

In my opinion you should be more concerned when you get in your automobile and get on a public highway. That is a real danger.

It seems to me that many people have gone overboard in their fears. No One can predict the future. Don't believe anything you hear and only half what you see.

I do not believe the stock market will fail us tomorrow. I do not believe aliens will make themselves visible tomorrow or the 14th. I do not believe WW3 will start tomorrow.

Of course anything is possible. You may have a massive heart attack or you could have a painful kidney stone tomorrow.

I feel we will one day know the truth about aliens as I am a believer. WW3 is possible but not yet. If the stock market does fail and we go into depression we will come out of it a better people.

Fear is a tool used by many to control others. Don't let it take root and destroy you.

It is a time for us to encourage each other. Not a time to joke about possible death or disaster. I have no respect for fear mongers or cowards.

If all is well with you right now then relax and enjoy yourself. Do not fear. Fear steals your joy and happiness.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Maquilladora

No you don't understand, I am worried that I might have to go to work tomorrow, and put in another 8 hours, and that I may actually have to pay my bills on time.

I used to have what I called an October curse because traditionally the month of October, bad stuff usually happened to me, that said... it was just a series of bad octobers in row because other then having to dish out candy, its been pretty sweet.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Are people REALLY upset? I mean really? Nobody I know is in anykind of a panic. All I see are a couple of random posts of people making claims. Someone names a date, and then all the little attention seeking people just stick their little agenda to the date.

It's been my experience that pretty much everything possible to be said on topics will be said. You read a thread, and you see the same things over and over. Open a 9/11 thread, and you get 30 different theories.

I think by saying everyone is acting odd, you are doing the same thing the media does. Focus on a few people and paint is as being everyone.

I mean seriously, if you gather guns and ammo because the stock market is crashing, get a freaking grip already. You went to a surplus store and learned alot about survival stuff? Go to a clothing shop and you'll learn alot about clothes. It's called salesman and business. You aren't going to sell dresses to women by telling them it makes them look fat, and you aren't going to sell surplus survival stuff by telling people it's worthless.

Bunch of drama queens is all that is. The reality is you allow people to control your emotions. While claiming to not be a sheeple, you are the sheeple. Just because you follow a different wolf doesn't mean you are a sheep.

These forums are just plain out silly at times.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Globally, we should have been as ready as we can within context of our abilities, our finances, our lifestyles long before this. If you stock things you like, and rotate your stocks, it's a win-win situation. I believe we should have water storage/purification capabilities, as there are a myriad of situations, natural and man-made, that can affect our resources.

After that, there are things we can learn -- always more to learn -- that can and do positively affect our ability to survive and prosper.

I see no reason to panic. We all do our best to be prepared. Anyone who scoffs at the notion of preps...... well, no harm, no foul, I wish you well. Consider that these possible changes might just be the shining opportunity to draw us together, rather than fragment us apart.

Do you best, make choices based upon your own perceptions and research, and sleep well, knowing that you've done your best. That's all any of us can do. Hope for the best. We're gonna make it, folks. There has rarely been a time in human history when there weren't great fears of impending change.

Don't forget to laugh. Laughter heals.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
At this point I don't see how Timewave Zero and the Web-bot guys could be any more correct. Both predicted the date to be a significant turning point in history, and it is already well on it's way to being quite memorable before it's even come to pass.

Neither predictive method points to a specific event happening, they only give statistics regarding the likelyhood of it being a major shift in global emotions.

What they all show is that October 7 is a tipping point. Nothing big has to happen on that day, only event(s) that will directly lead to heavy consequences.

October 7 represents a pinnacle, a peak, a turning point...a new way of thinking. Anyone who is giving you specifics about what will happen is just guessing.

[edit on 6/10/08 by Evasius]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I was walking through the hospital just outside ICU where I worked at a few years ago on a Sunday morning, and since there were very few people about that morning, it was painfully obvious when I came upon a woman alone crying, just sobbing.

No one was around, and stupid me, I asked her if she was alright and if I could do anything for her?

"I just found out. I'm terminal."

Her face was pained to be sure, and I don't know where this came from, but I smiled real big and told her, "Me too!"

She stopped her crying in surprise and looked at me for more explanation.

"Just like you, I'm terminal. No one gets out alive. I won't get out of this life alive anymore than you will. You have a timeline. It's worse for me, as I am not given an estimated timeline, and I don't make the most of every moment as I think I'll have forever. And the sad truth is, I am not guaranteed another five minutes."

She nodded and began wiping her face.

"You live out every moment you have left. You're about to go on your greatest adventure, and believe it or not, with your eyes open. And if you ever have a few minutes, you can pray for me."

Now. What is the problem? You think somehow that life is about dodging tragedies? If so, you're in for some real disappointments.

The reality you seek is that this moment, this very moment is the only thing you have. That's your reality, and the rest is up to you to make the most of it.

I do wish you well.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join