It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Corporate Threat to Our Water Supplies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

The New Corporate Threat to Our Water Supplies

www.alternet.org

In the last few years, the world's largest financial institutions and pension funds, from Goldman Sachs to Australia's Macquarie Bank, have figured out that old, trustworthy utilities and infrastructure could become reliable cash cows -- supporting the financial system's speculative junk derivatives with the real concrete of highways, water utilities, airports, harbors, and transit systems.

The spiraling collapse of the financial system may only intensify the quest for private investments.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
This is really sad that these public companies designed to serve the public are just focusing on how to make the most money possible.

The problem with privatization is that it is interesting in the short term, and there are always politicians willing to sacrifice the long term for a pretty balance sheet. Their short-term decisions bind future governments and municipalities, while the more responsible decision to stay public does not prevent a future government from privatizing. This means that privatization takes place even if politicians who favor it are only in power once in a while. The way back is very costly.

www.alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6-10-2008 by baseball101]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I couldnt even concentrate on your thread with the starving child as your avatar. That is really sad, I wish i had all the 700 billion bail out money to help people like that. They need it more then we do. Just sad, I will forever have the imagine with me now.

The greed of people has just got to be to much. Somehow it will all end either good or bad.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reading stuff like this it seems those guys grew up playing monopoly.

maybe one of their forefathers invented it?

scary indeed...

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I started this thread a while ago very freaked out about how the planet has always used water to make or break a Nation. The Rabbit Hole does indeed go very very deep when you are talking about a monopoly on the resources of this planet being used for capitol Gains.

Thank You for bring this most important issue to the forefront as it is a subject that until it affects you personally, people would rather bury their heads in the sands of time about.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
re: isa75 ... ya it is sad, i'm hoping that it will open some people's eye's

re: Grey Magic ... yes it really is starting to seem like the monopoly game is coming to life in the modern day world .. it is quite scary

re: antar ... i agree it is quite an important topic and not really much about it has been discussed recently, people need to understand that things in this world are being more and more influenced by money, and that the well-being of society is put in the background

new topics

top topics

join