It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did god choose to make this universe?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Ionized, Lucid Lunacy

Thanks for correcting me!

It's the trinity (that some people go blue in the face trying to deny). It's there from beginning to end. Actually both phrases do occur.

Then God said, "Let Us make man in our image, according to our likeness... So God created man in his own image; He created him in the image of God; He created them male and female".

Genesis 1:26a & 27

Don't you just love nod to the fact that women are not inferior to men. It took humanity eons to figure that one out. And yes the organized 'Christian religion' bears a large part of the blame - for not following the book it claims to be based on.

Another aspect of the image humanity is still scratching its collective head over is that man is body, mind and spirit. Physical, mental and spiritual (i.e. within the realm of moral awareness and capacity). His very makeup reflects God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
This universe will grow bigger in a different way, it could end up a multiverse maybe the tree of life where it branches out like many scientists claim and sci-fi programmes. Obviosly other religions that take on recarnation have similar theories but I think the Bible covers that in the tree of life.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost147

I may not be a man of the cloth or of God.. But I have some knoweldge that might help you..

1. Life is basically a static.
Definition: A life static has no mass, no motion, no wavelength, no location in space or in time. It has the ability to postulate and to perceive.

2. The static is capable of considerations, postulates and opinions.

3. Space, energy, objects, form and time are the result of considerations made and/or agreed upon, or not, by the static and are perceived solely because the static considers that it can perceive them.

To me God is not a single being that creates life.. God is the action that causes vibrations across this universe!
String theory is much like Gods angels singing!

But God itself is not a single being, God to me is the action which caused the vibrations, and sound is the result of the vibrations.
Hence we are the product of that sound on very small and high level.
To sum it up.

God=Action=Vibrations=sounds=life=creative nature ideas, and posts like these

[edit on 22-10-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
They say God Spoke the words for the creation of the Universe so obviously words and sound was a deciding factor. According to Genesis it makes sense I guess.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
before the beginning... an entity we call G-d... 'Is' (as in no beginning or end)

the creation force/sustaining force [G-d] then made a sphere of consciousness we call 'heaven'

the abode called heaven was populated by spiritual bodies called angels... these angels of whatever 'heirarchy'/'class' were nothing more than what we deem robots in spiritual form

G-d, then created the infinite material universe (an Entropy regulated sphere) for his highest form of experimental angel...we are told the angels identity was Lucifer,

and Lucifer was given the material universe as an experimental/experiential.... 'sandbox', for whatever reasons G-d had for such an open ended, endeavor/experiment/test.

Mankind, only came about because Lucifer made a series of bad decisions in the eyes of G-d...
so instead of nullifying the material universe (experiment #2)
G-d became the "creator", the 'Alpha-&-Omega' of time-space, the tribal "YHWH", and continued to show a plethora of identities/characters as humankind found & then developed their 'spiritual' component of consciousness.

When Lucifer, a robotic, pre-planned automoton being...became Satan

Satan was elevated to the status as the alter-ego of G-d itself....
the challenge, the grande chessmatch, the game ! ... is afoot !

smaller sub plots consume individuals & egos and do have bearing on the flow of consciousness of the sphere called Earth, (itself an aware entity comprised of 24 angels we now call elders)

[edit on 22-10-2008 by St Udio]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

In my humble opinion i think we should just stick With talking about ”inside the universe” since the Universe by definition includes everything.
secondly we are somewhat ignorant about meny thing in our own planet never mind the universe at large. also to tolk of ”outside the universe” or ”before the universe” does not have any meaning at all because the big bang was the starting of time and space and our language is so rooted in time and space that can only be used to talk of things that involves time and space to have any meaning.
If we are to talk of a universe or a god outside of our universe is like talking of squired circles. We simpley can not say any thing that truly to be said about any thing out side of the universe.
We can only say that the big bang was the beginning of all things including god as to me god is an idea! there is no before the universe there was nothing before the big bang and nothing cused the big bang, God has not entered the universe after the big bang.
You might say that there are the physical universe time space mater and energy , and the spiritual universe which god gost soul exist. The second one is really talking about a fantasy universe that require only faith.
When you ask what caused the big bang ? your answer could be another universe or universes that we can’t say anything about except that its quit different from our universe in term of laws mathematics and so on. Or god, but this god is surely not the monotheistic god who punishes people or grant wishes, this god like the other universes has nothing to do with our universe so we shouldn’t gave a # about them or wasting time to talk of them at all.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
wow TOTALY WOW... i read most if not all the posts..

Why = question
God = unknown
Make = who said he did?
Universe = infanint

now you see the problem with your topic and that is why no one on here can even give you an answer

Have a nice Day

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Thee (God) does not 'choose'....Thee is a function that follows natural order, a constant emanation of energies, invisible and visible. There may of been a sort of beginning of this Universe, but it emanated from a former nature/substance of energies...constantly sifting and moving.

The Universe itself is held in no higher standard then the people that walk the Earth and the people themselves that walk the Earth are held in no higher standard then the energy of the Universe....because they are one within the eternal emanations, intertwined together. We serve a purpose for the physical surroundings and the physical surroundings serve a purpose for us...equally.

Just adding thoughts,
LV

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Well the Universe is governed by Angels, its a big playground I guess to form a balance to it all. If you were God you would have infinite time to create anything so why not design something in the first place. gets boring on your own. Guess like God we have Children to spread the love and pass on the knowledge, how painful would being alone be? Guess the Trinity God is not so Alone as he has a Son but I guess humans are his own too like us.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
He created the universe so that we may serve and worship him. He is afterall, a selfish god. He made all the archangels serve without freewill and without the ability to choose for themselves. He created humanity, with the option of choosing to serve, and then punishes them when they dont. Then, around two hundred years ago he stopped caring, and has ignored all of us on this planet and where this planet is heading. He is focusing all of his attention on another universe, where he is starting the pattern all over again- create- demand adoration- destroy.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Not really, because in the end Mankind will inherit kingdoms of his own and there will men who govern the universe and each of his kingdom, so I guess he is just opening new doors in his contrained perfected ways.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
The ´one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively´ concept of the universe seems to be the most reasonable answer.
Findings in the field of Quantum holography also seem to be indicating that this may be the case-this concept also explains Einstein´s FTL travel contradiction in regard to particles seemingly having instantaneous knowledge no matter how far apart.

Also findings in M theory suggest the universe is just the product of two other (parent) universes glancing of each other.

Don't know what this implies for longly held assumptions about monotheism though.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Oh yeah, Jesus did not have Long hair. It says in the Bible that men should have short hair.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

It also says a few other things:
www.belowtopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join