It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did god choose to make this universe?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost147
lol, lucid.

So far no one is actually answering the question on why god decided to create the universe. it seems that everyone is simply stating that it is for us. however, the universe came befor us, so technically we would be for the universe. which doesnt justify your logics ghaleon12. There seems to be no reason still why god had the whim to make the universe, there seems no point what so ever in its creation.

The major problem lies in the premise of the question itself.

Unless you dont know the first thing about the book of Genesis, nowhere in it is it written than the "Big Bang" took place and yada yada.

What did happen according to the Christian faith is that God in essence built a sandbox (aka the Universe and our world and all its things) and then put his "kids" (aka humanity) to play in it according to his rules.

All this BS about creating the Universe first and living outside time etc is all irrelevant and has nothing to do with the Christian mythos at all. Its like holding up Harry Potter and Hogwarts to the Laws of thermodynamics. Only a fool would do that~!

Your question itself is ridiculous!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

And this is your theory? or is it stated that in the bible

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost147
lol, lucid.

So far no one is actually answering the question on why god decided to create the universe.

That was meant as an answer

Out of the infinite loneliness arose an infinite need for unity.

The Universe was never created. God is dreaming.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ionized
In my cosmology, god IS the universe.

The universe is an eternal process of organic energy transfer. We are but one form of manifestation of that eternal energy.

Ionized,good post-the ´one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively´ concept of the universe seems to me to be the most reasonable answer.
Findings in the field of Quantum holography also seem to be indicating that this may be the case-this concept also explains Einstein´s FTL travel contradiction in regard to particles seemingly having instantaneous knowledge no matter how far apart.
books.google.co.uk... n8w&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=8&ct=result#PPA51,M1
Cheers Karl

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
ah, than thanks! lol

However im looking for a more biblicaly correct answer. should have stated that. nice new picture btw

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost147

So you mean something inline with The Bible? The Christian one? Genesis is a good start. Gnostic texts have good info relating to it, but that may not be what you are looking for if you're seeking a purely modern biblical interpretation...

Oh, and thanks
That's me dressed as Tyler Durden from a previous Halloween.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I think it says ,In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth,no reason given. I think WHY did God create the universe is a non question ,or the wrong question, It presumes there is a god as the Bible or some other religion imagines ,and then assumes that it decided to create the universe. Maybe Who or What is the Universe is a better question. But since you want answers that pertain only to the Christian Bible,how about finding anywhere in it where God says why it made the Universe ,I didn't find that and I've read it lots. There to many qualifications on your requirements for an answer. It's like you're saying you only want the answer you want to hear

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I respect those who believe in god, i can see some valid points of veiw, but i think there isnt a god that created us, looks over us and predetermines our part in life. I believe that no one is destined for anything, you make your destiny your own, but thats just my opinion, until proven otherwise.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I believe invisiblewoman makes a good point. If you are looking for a 'biblically correct' answer you'd have to read the bible and draw a conclusion from what you read. Which has been going on for centuries and is called religion.

On the other hand, if one wishes to know god's motives, assuming god makes decisions, we simply need to look at ourselves. Because by assuming god made a choice to create the universe is implying motive, which requires emotion, which insitgates fallibility, making god 'human'.

For myself, I believe the universe was 'created' simply because nothing can not exist without its reflection. The universe is a necessity since matter and energy are neither created nor destroyed. Therefore they will always be 'something', it would seem to me.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

I 'm glad you brought up the there is no such thing as nothing angle of this issue. That's a good point I was going to bring up myself now I don't have too

[edit on (10/10/0808 by invisiblewoman]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost147

Why did God choose to make this universe?

I can't see which one you're pointing to.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
In reply to your original question, a Sufi would say: "Because he wanted to see His face in the mirror".

I still think that is, by far, the best answer: precise and profoundly truthful.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Or, as the Bible has it: "God made man in his own image".

(Makes you think, doesn't it?)

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
reply to post by Vanitas

Absolutely.

It's just that I've noticed that people in the Western culture tend to go deaf whenever the B---- word is mentioned, so I choose more "exotic" quotes to make my point.

Besides, what I like about the Sufi quote is that it covers ALL creation, not just man.
But basically... yes, of course.
How could they NOT speak of the same thing, if the "thing" is the truth?

(Makes you think, doesn't it?)

Not really - not anymore.
They are way too explicit for that.
And, obviously, that is a good thing. ;-)

On the other hand, it's the obvious what mankind prefers to ignore...

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Just trying to lighten the mood in a dismal week. One time I heard a story about the Universe being God's science project in school. When they got to looking at the earth, he got an F. We messed up his whole grade.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
off topic: your avatar is WILD and creeps me out!! lol

my chruch: i hear them at church say how god made the planet. i never hear them say the universe. its rarely brought up actually. i guess according to them.. everything outside the planet is god.. ?... ::shrug::

my opinion: i think the universe was never just simply CREATED. i think it was always there. i have no facts to back this up really. i do somewhat believe that its growing. i mean i even recently watch a video about how earth is growing larger.. and that it use to be much smaller. very interesting theory.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by lushyslushy

Your avatar is cute

I agree about the universe not being created, but simply existing. That is partly what I meant by 'eternal'. In this context, the question of why some entity named god 'created' the universe, becomes irrelevant.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ionized
reply to post by lushyslushy

Your avatar is cute

gee thanks!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought

Also, I was under the impression that the Bible stated that God was plural, and man was made in 'their' images..

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ionized

The correct phrasing is:

Then God said "Let us make Man in our image"

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join