It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

English Gematria - Bible related - Worldwide

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by a703o

Thats fair enough but you come across as if youre all knowing, what with all the winks you add to your posts. I have tried to give you advise, take the words you feel are important and look into their etymology, see where the words have come from, and how they have evolved. By doing that you maybe able to indicate whom is behind this.

Whats the point in knowing certain words stung together add to 137 et al? it doesnt change anything, really, does it? it just seems like a neat trick, a coincidence to the average joe, and without the average joe on yourside, where are you going to go with your knowledge? Not too far it seems. btw, im not trying to mock you or hate on you, i think ive been very reasonable, perhaps not too reasonable in my latter replies to you, but generally i have tried to support you where others mocked you.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleilius

Wait! Could it be? No.......

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   

I have tried to give you advise, take the words you feel are important and look into their etymology, see where the words have come from, and how they have evolved.

Actually, this is decent advice. It's what I did after I felt I gained enough knowledge in regards to gematria. Of course, I first had to be introduced to it, and now you are being introduced to it.

For example, let's go back to the "vowel-L-vowel" phonetic meme I mentioned in my previous posts. Now I would like to point out this word: neph-ilim.

Link to source: original.biblebrowser.com...

3509. nephos (nef'-os) - apparently a primary word; a cloud

You should already be slightly familiar with the meaning of "ilim."

What does the word mean? The Gods from the Clouds. In Greek mythology we have "nephele."

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Logos: It derives from the verb λέγω legō: to count, tell, say, or speak.[1] The primary meaning of logos is: something said; by implication a subject, topic of discourse, or reasoning. Secondary meanings such as logic, reasoning, etc. derive from the fact that if one is capable of λέγειν (infinitive) i.e. speech, then intelligence and reason are assumed.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by Aleilius]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

I have been trying to get people to understand this for awhile now.

God is THE WORD.

God=26 in english gematria

There are 26 letters in the English Alphbet.

Not that hard to figure out if you listen.

What's THE word? "This" is a word , '"that" is a word. Words are words.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by a703o]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aleilius
I think a great question we should be trying to answer is whether or not some of these associations are statistically unlikely.
I think that if you step back and look at the big picture, it's easy to see that every example presented so far is NOT statistically unlikely. In fact, the original poster has gone into this whole thing with blinders on looking for things that will support his belief in two or three numbers he finds significant, ignoring all other results or making up his own rules to get the results he desires.

Not only that, but why not try and debate the mechanisms behind gematria?
Indeed, you're well aware there are literally an infinite number of possible mappings of letter to number for any language. Why 1-26? Why English? Webster's American English Dictionary? or do we include Brittish spellings? (Or do we choose whatever spelling, part of speech, variant, or whathaveyou to best fit the result we're trying to achieve?)

What makes you think it's not real, and likewise what makes you think it's real?
Numbers are real. Numbers don't lie. But men making up their own rules just to get the numbers they want is not honest, and it is something we have caught a703o doing at least 3 times in this thread, which is why I find the mechanics of your calculator more promising... at least a little less room for the folly of man.

[edit on 11/3/2008 by JoshNorton]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aleilius
There's never been a great way to explain the mechanism behind English gematria, or honestly, any gematria system (be it Hebrew, Greek, Latin, etc). It's either something you get, and you see the significance immediately, or it's something you'll toil with for years and never see the significance.

It takes a certain type of person to grasp these concepts. No puns allowed either!

[edit on 6-10-2008 by Aleilius]

That was for you Mr. Norton .

I may have made some mistakes in my research but don't discount everything because of some flaws I made and the opinion of mine that there are also some flaws in the "system" because they couldn't perfectly tie everything together.
. Thats all I ask.

And yes there are some key numbers and the one I started with was 37. 37 is the Heart and Soul of Wisdom of the ages(history). Where else would you want to begin your journey to enlightenment? No one said the journey would be perfect or easy and it hasn't been. I feel let down that I have not been able to explain things better. I am much more articulate "in person" as I hate to type.

When I say 37 is the Heart and Soul of Wisdom I don't mean that literally in a universal sense but in the sense that THEY made the number 37 to be special.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by a703o]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by a703o

By your own link, 37 is only Heart and Wisdom in Hebrew, not in English. Another case of you making up your own rules? Are you now saying that the gematria is equivalent in ALL languages?

And you still haven't said who THEY is yet...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by enduser

I'm not all knowing. I use the winks to attract attention not to act as if I am above anyone. As a matter of fact I consider myself better than no one and no one better than me. It's a universal belief of equaility.

I'll have to look intto etymology as it is something new to me. Thanks for the advice!

Tony

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Just another 137 to add to the bucket.

edit-nm

[edit on 4-11-2008 by a703o]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
aliens have fun=137 NEW ONE
aliens exist
alien knowledge
aliens taught
alien time speed
alien spaceship

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
take a leap of faith=137

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by a703o
language of the birds=174
new world order=174
number of the beast=174

alien government=174
The Throne Of David =174

Revelation 3.7
And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;

[edit on 6-11-2008 by a703o]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
decode the language =137

onto something=174

[edit on 6-11-2008 by a703o]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
LInk to old UFO painting....1500's

[edit on 8-11-2008 by a703o]

[edit on 8-11-2008 by a703o]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Quote"The Etymology (meaning the origin of words) of English comes via the West Germanic branch of the great Indo European language group as we see prophesied by gematria. By what chance in a thousand do we find these three paired words?
137 Etymology, 137 Indo European, 137 West Germanic.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I guess I lost everyone

BUT

The first words of the Bible are "In the beginning,"

In the beginning=137

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
This is weird....

I have been seeing the number(s) 27 [separately and together] and having them play important roles in my life. I wouldn't even say they are "lucky" numbers, because bad/negative things have come from them as well. I call them "significant" numbers....I could give you many examples.....

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by scrubsnstuffkim

I would be interested in hearing about 27 as a whole. Afterall 27 does play a role in moleeds.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Now if I could find out who is behind it and WHY it has been a secret. I MAY have found something new. I just skipped over it briefly a few minutes ago.

LINK

Knights Templar=173 (an ANAGRAM of 137)

Not surprising to me.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join