It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the U.S. Goes Bankrupt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Watching Zeitgeist: Addendum, they briefly mention what would occur if/when the United States goes bankrupt. Basically the world economy would collapse and all hell would break loose.

So with recent events do you think America is headed for inevitable financial disaster, dragging the world along with it? I remember hearing that the U.S. will be bankrupt within under a decade a while ago.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
i truly dont believe americas financial disaster would affect us here in spain for example!! i really dont maybe england but the euro i eckon will be stable. we havent noticed anything out of the ordinary and propbably wont.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SUMDUMONKEY

really ????

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
*IF* the US goes bankrupt

it will have to shut it's mouth

And the rest of the world will have to pitch in and clean up the US's mess ... as usual

*IF* the US goes bankrupt .. perhaps Americans will decide to toss out the dual-passport holding Isrealis, who've been dictating US policies for way too long

*IF* the US goes bankrupt therefore, it will probably be a blessing in disguise, because it will provide Americans (and not parasitic Israelis) the opportunity to rebuild. And I hope part of that rebuilding process will include a TOTAL BAN on any more trillions of dollars being handed to that loudmouth Israel.

*IF* the US goes bankrupt, I HOPE it takes Israel down with it.

Because *IF* the US goes bankrupt, the blame lies solely on Israel's shoulders.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
*IF* the USA goes bankrupt the Government won;t have any troops to order around because they will all be headed home to protect their families.

*IF* the USA goes bankrupt States will take control as there will be NO Federal Government.

*IF* the USA goes bankrupt we want all of our Foreign Aid back from you politicians and despots, now, all of it. Send Gold.

And a shout out from all my Jewish friends to Israel ... Shut Up!

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock6

# you

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Without massive change to the USA, then I think long term their failure is inevitable. Who will declare the government bankrupt, and at what point will this trigger?

If you can predict that, then you will know when to get out of there. If the demise of the USA goes ahead, it will affect nations like they will not believe. The person above said not Spain... what about Tourism? What about your exports and the countries you export to?

If credit is not available, this will make exporting and receiving goods difficult.
This will effect almost everyone around the globe. Even those in poor countries who are getting aid, as this may be cut back due to financial restrictions.

Who'd have thought the biggest banks would be falling over, massive automotive companies and the list goes on. This will start in the USA and it will flow through most countries in the world.

Take Australia as an example. Our two biggest trading partners are Japan and China. China will have less of a demand for our resources because they make goods and send them to the USA.

Brace yourself, it is going to be a wild ride... If you can downsize, or save money and in any way, now would be a time to look into it.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock6

Hey Hitler!
You are all immigrants in the USA!

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
The thing is what was available before this economic disaster is still available now. This whole thing is not a real entity, its an ideology, you cant touch it because its not there.

If the whole global econemy collapsed, nothing with the earth itself would actually change, it would still be exactly as it was. There would still be the same amounts of food available, the same amount of oil, The same amount of electricity, etc, etc.

The only thing that would stop us using this, is the ideology of business and the monetary system. So rather than us being given this free to ensure our survival they'd let us rot because of a set of ideals gone wrong and the manipulation of the monetary system.

The problem with the venus project is there would still have to be a leader appointed to keep control of people, not everyone is good, so some people need to be controlled, so who would be the leader and how could we trust someone that would have even more power than anyone has right now? and what laws would need to be made to make it work?

Some people just wouldnt be to handle the concept of being totally free, they need to be lead, controlled to an extent. Its very like being institutionalised but on a global scale.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Sorry, but by what measure is the United States *NOT* already bankrupt?

There's this thing called the 'national debt', which was quite a large number last time I checked.

Even discounting that, the currency system the United States is based upon does not allow significant sovereign wealth - when's the last time Fort Knox was audited, again?

If you consider the potential productive capacity, or natural resources reserved as 'National Parkland' as hard collateral against the indebtedness of the United States, isn't that the same 'mark-to-market' accounting practices that have been so recently discredited?

American financial 'independence' is an illusion.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daniel666
reply to post by Dock6

Hey Hitler!
You are all immigrants in the USA!

I am an American Indian, maybe we came across
and ice bridge thru Alaska, maybe not.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Borealis
Watching Zeitgeist: Addendum, they briefly mention what would occur if/when the United States goes bankrupt. Basically the world economy would collapse and all hell would break loose.

So with recent events do you think America is headed for inevitable financial disaster, dragging the world along with it? I remember hearing that the U.S. will be bankrupt within under a decade a while ago.

I do not know how long til this happens, but they are having trouble
hiding this problem now.

And recently gave out 2 trillion in cash and ignore information
requests as to whom the 2 trillion was given too.

This should sound the alarm bells.

What is coming is this:

100's of trillions in derivates set to collapse

This is due to them doing credit default swaps and hiding their bad
debts for years on the UNREGULATED and UNLISTED OTC market.

It is much like the 700 shell corps setup by Enron in the Caymans
prior to this collapse, except MANY are now into this
"creative accounting" and it has soared to a number so
ludicrous that if it is expected to be paid back it will make
the debt so huge we couldn't even service the interest.

This will dwarf the credit and housing crisis combined.

The 7 trillion now looming in the bailout will look like a pittance.

[edit on 26-11-2008 by Ex_MislTech]

top topics

join