It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mc Donalds Subliminal Advert?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
This is pretty old but just saw this myself, i did try and search on ATS but couldnt find anything on it, even though its old its interesting to see.

The advert lasts no more than 1/30 of a second.

Do you think this still carries on now, in the same way as this, and we just dont notice?

Oh and the advert isn't that sexy woman lol.... Although she did it for me

[edit on 6-10-2008 by Denied]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
My understanding is that video subliminal advertising is a lot shorter in duration. In fact the human eye can't distinguish it.

That looks pretty liminal to me.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Yep, I'd have to agree... there is nothing subliminal about that ad at all.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
My understanding is that video subliminal advertising is a lot shorter in duration. In fact the human eye can't distinguish it.

That looks pretty liminal to me.

Yeah i noticed its easy to spot, strange how they are just focusing on the kid as the one to have spotted it, but what was the advert doing there in the first place?

Bodged job or just a mistake, the food programme that aired this claimed it was a technical error on their part.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
Bodged job or just a mistake, the food programme that aired this claimed it was a technical error on their part.

I can't tell you cause I honestly don't know.
I'm not that familiar with television editing.
I know they have back ups in case some programs go down the ads automatically kick in.
Or some one pressed a button inadvertently.
Or a technical glitch.
But imho it seems too obvious to be done deliberately.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
McDonalds is an Iron Chef sponsor.

Strange that a show about real cooking is sponsored by those burger flippers...

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
My understanding of "Subliminal" is using colors,actors,music,lighting,and all kinds of other things that affect your psyche and make you want a product,and is not limited to "flashing" images.I could be wrong on this.Just my first impression.

[edit on 023131p://2217 by daeoeste]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by daeoeste

Yep, as you're focused on let's say, a hamster with a tinfoil hat, all sorts of subliminal stuff is happening.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by daeoeste
My understanding of "Subliminal" is using colors,actors,music,lighting,and all kinds of other things that affect your psyche and make you want a product,and is not limited to "flashing" images.I could be wrong on this.Just my first impression.

[edit on 023131p://2217 by daeoeste]

Well Subliminal advertising could be used in many ways, i always thought it was slipping one frame in with out people noticing.

A subliminal message is a signal or message embedded in another medium, designed to pass below the normal limits of the human mind's perception. These messages are unrecognizable by the conscious mind, but in certain situations can affect the subconscious mind and importantly, the unconscious mind, and can negatively or positively influence subsequent later thoughts, behaviors, actions, attitudes, belief systems and value systems.

A McDonald's logo appeared for one frame during the Food Network's Iron Chef America series on 2007-01-27, leading to claims that this was an instance of subliminal advertising. The Food Network replied that it was simply a glitch

Source.

top topics

join