It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Drive to be Built by China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The Chinese are building an "impossible" space drive!

Chinese researchers claim they've confirmed the theory behind an "impossible" space drive, and are proceeding to build a demonstration version. If they're right, this might transform the economics of satellites, open up new possibilities for space exploration –- and give the Chinese a decisive military advantage in space.

The inventor actually built it!

Shawyer stands by his theoretical work. His company, Satellite Propulsion Research (SPR), has constructed demonstration engines...

But we turned it down!

Meanwhile, what about the American interest? Shawyer told me that "the flight thruster program is on hold for the present. [O]nce the U.K. government had provided an export license for a U.S. military application, the major U.S. aerospace company we had been dealing with stopped talking to us. "

source

My editorial opinion:

We could have made a major blunder, letting go of a major new discovery in propulsion, allowing our competition to gain the lead. Or it may be intentional, because we already have what it takes to open up space exploration?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Very interesting, i don't have much to say except great find and a flag from me!

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
This has already been posted under Space Exploration.

At www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kingsnake

Oops! That is what I get for being too hasty!

Well, let's see what the mods decide. I think it deserves more attention!

(And a little break away from the same tired ol' LHC/CERN doomsday rubbish)

join