It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Delta Force officer: US officials stopped plans to kill bin Laden

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Delta Force officer: US officials stopped plans to kill bin Laden

rawstory.com

Bin Laden was known to be holed up at Tora Bora on a ridge with an elevation of 14,000 feet. The Delta Force team's initial plan was to come at him from the direction he'd least expect, climbing over the mountains at his back, but that plan wasn't approved by the higher-ups. Their second idea, to drop hundreds of landmines along the mountain passes to Pakistan to impede bin Laden's retreat and then bring in helicopters, was also turned down.

"How often does Delta come up with a tactical plan that's disapproved by higher headquarters?" CBS's Scott Pelley asked the commando leader.

"In my experience, in my five years at Delta, never before," he replied.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Of course the only reason to overturn a plan with a high probability of success was to keep OBL alive wasn't it?

Why were these plans stopped?
Some would say it's because OBL has always been a CIA operative, going back to the Russian/Afghan war.

Others will say it's because the government wanted the bogeyman kept alive to further their own agenda.

Whatever the truth of the matter, this is disturbing news, as it appears that people did INDEED want OBL alive and healthy....

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
they didnt want him to be captured as bin laden serves the depopulation agenda pefectly by radicilising muslims,creating divisions between civiliastions and their dream,religious world war.

they also dont want him to be found as inside of him lies a big suprise,a lovely little gray.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
WOW..I see that the D Boys are getting some press these days..Thats very bizarre to me since their missions are hardly spoken of and their movements are very concealed. Sure they got some ink after Operation Gothic Serpent(after it was over) but usually not many know of their operations especially the general public of mission to a rugged area to capture a HVT such as ObL. These shooters and door kickers are shadows for a reason, You cant even get close to their compound on Bragg and even if you did you wouldnt see anything. If this is an accurate story then I would be surprised that a newspaper knows about it beforehand and I personally have never see Delta upper echelon officers give interviews or given ink in the newspapers so I would like to look more into this for my own reading enjoyment. Im also surprised that this was a Delta mission and not a JTF mission..Very interesting..What would Chargin Charlie do?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I suspect that, just as he was an agent for the US, and family of a personal friend to the administrations leader, he was then, and probably still is now, protected.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Hmmm...well, this leaves a few possible choices as to why they nixed the plans.

A.) Gross incompetence of the higher ups.
B.) They wanted him to stay alive and not be caught / killed.
C.) All of the above.

My money is on C at the moment.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by welivefortheson

they also dont want him to be found as inside of him lies a big suprise,a lovely little gray.

What is there to suggest that OBL is a grey?

Does that have anything to do with the topic in hand, cause it seems completly irrelevance. I mean this in the nicest possible way, but its the best way to put foward my view, but you seem like a stuck record.

Lets say OBL was in fact, a little alien hiding inside his body, even if he was captured by delta force, based on your own beliefs, do you really think that something like that would be leaked? Surely it doesn't matter if he is caught or not, as we would never know.

If there is something to suggest that OBL is a grey, then go ahead, present your evidence, and make it relevant to the topic in hand. I just can't see how this has anything to do with the topic, and to be honest, it seems like spam.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by sleepingnuances]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Good bullet points Frogs...I personally think he is hiding in the back pocket of GWB or DC...ObL built most of those caves and tunnels with his fathers equipment so he could really be there hiding someplace that we may have overlooked or hes is indeed in somebodys back pocket.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I saw the 60 minutes special last night about this subject and all it did for me was that it confirms what the conspiracy theorists had been saying all along about OBL being allowed to escape.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
There's another, less conspiratorial possibillity here.

The US government recognized that they needed the cooperation of local Afghan warlords if their mission to take out Al-Qaida was to succeed. (remember, even though he was the leader, from a purely logical tactical standpoint, capturing/killing bin Laden wasn't the ultimate goal, only a small piece of the overall puzzle. Neutralizing the entirety to Al-Qaida was the main goal.) I would guess that carpet bombing the Tora Bora range completely would have royally pissed off many of the warlords. Furthermore, a direct ground assault on Tora Bora would have been a disaster in the making along much the same lines as our activities in Vietnam around the network of tunnels there were.

The Al Qaida operatives there knew those mountains and had prepared for a war in those mountains. It would have been suicidal to have sent ground troops through the range and up to them. Also, we live in the technological age... it would be foolish to believe that bin Laden wasn't being fed information from members of the warlords' tribes. They'd have known about any "secretive" ground assault within minutes of the warlords learning of the plans.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by sleepingnuances

Originally posted by welivefortheson

What is there to suggest that OBL is a grey?

Does that have anything to do with the topic in hand, cause it seems completly irrelevance. I mean this in the nicest possible way, but its the best way to put foward my view, but you seem like a stuck record.

Lets say OBL was in fact, a little alien hiding inside his body, even if he was captured by delta force, based on your own beliefs, do you really think that something like that would be leaked? Surely it doesn't matter if he is caught or not, as we would never know.

If there is something to suggest that OBL is a grey, then go ahead, present your evidence, and make it relevant to the topic in hand. I just can't see how this has anything to do with the topic, and to be honest, it seems like spam.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by sleepingnuances]

HAHAHA, that's pretty funny stuff, sleepingnuances.

...You were joking, right?!?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   

The Delta Force leader believes he received medical treatment in a local village and then got away safely into Pakistan.

I wouldn't be surprised if this story was part of a psyop to prepare the American populous for an invasion of Pakistan. Pakistan has the nukes, the jihadis, and now presumably Bin Laden. Maybe the October surprise will come from Pakistan.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by semiunknown

I'm completely serious.

I'm all for aliens, but OBL an alien? That just makes no sense

new topics

top topics

join