It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel expected to bomb Iran, French foreign minister says

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

My reply: I am not a warmonger. But I believe in prevention. By no means do I condone any, including Israel, unwarranted, unprovoked attacks on innocent civilians. As far as Israel's right to the land and who the Jews really are, I will give you some good references later. I wish I could write more, but one does need to sleep sometimes.

====
Mod Edit: large quote removed, 'reply to' linked

[edit on 17/10/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I don't know exactly who threatened first, but I do know the radical Muslims have a strong history of murder throughout history and through most nations of the world today. I do not want anyone to attack Iran, but...if they get nuclear weapons they have made it clear they will use them. I want to protect myself and this nation against their clear declaration of our destruction. If the United States or Israel could go in and bomb the nuclear facilities and any supporting facilities with minimal or preferably no casualties, then I would be supportive of that. Because in the long run, many, many lives would be saved.

Firstly,Iran said they would attack American interests in the Middle East,not America itself,and only if they were attacked first.

Secondly,have you not seen my numerous links on Israel's actions to neighbouring countries from the last 40yrs??

In that time,what has Iran done to its neighbouring countries?
Defended itself when Iraq invaded.(Iran-Iraq war lasted 8yrs)
Given support to 'terrorist' groups who,if supported by the West would be called 'freedom fighters' instead.
Made threats about defending itself if attacked by Israel/America.

Look at it this way;

Saddam-despot,allows no one to vote/uses chemical weapons on his own people/guilty of war crimes against his own people/guilty of breaches of human rights against his own people/suspected of having nukes/attacked Kuwait,got kicked out/went to war with Iran./

Israel-despot,allows no Palestinian a vote/stole land,not kicked out/uses chemical weapons on neighbouring countries/guilty of war crimes against neighbouring countries/guilty of breaches in human rights against neighbouring countries/has nukes,made repeated threats to use them./

Do you see?

The only difference between these countries are having nukes and where the victims of these despots come from.
Yet Saddam had to go.Why him and not Israel when they're guilty of the same things?? Is it because they're Jewish,not Muslim??

But it wasn’t Iran that turned the Israeli-Iranian cold war warm – it was Israel. In October 1992, prior to Iran’s material support for Palestinian rejectionists, the Shimon Peres/Yitzhak Rabin government undertook a major campaign to depict Iran and Shi’a Islamic fundamentalism as a global threat.

Even though Iran was weak militarily after the devastating war with Iraq, Rabin told Israel’s Knesset (parliament) in 1993 that Israel’s “struggle against murderous Islamic terror” was “meant to awaken the world which is lying in slumber” of the dangers of Shi’a fundamentalism. “Death is at our doorstep”, Rabin said of Iran – though he only five years earlier dismissed Iran’s rhetoric as inconsequential.

The Israeli reversal on Iran was partially motivated by the fear that its strategic importance would diminish significantly in the post-cold war middle east if the then president (1989-97) Hashemi Rafsanjani’s outreach to the Bush Sr administration was successful. Also, the geopolitical map of the middle east had changed. Israel no longer needed Iran to balance Iraq and the Arabs – rather, Iran was now a potentially powerful regional player who could become a threat. And according to Israel’s military doctrine, potential threats are to be treated as existing threats.

www.opendemocracy.net...

You say that the Iranian Presidents comments are on record,well so is this.

Since 1992 Israel has been on a campaign to make Iran the enemy,the global terror,and it working.They have successfully manipulated the West and they may now get what they have been planning all these years.

And people like you think Iran is the threat.

Open your eyes........

I am not a warmonger. But I believe in prevention. By no means do I condone any, including Israel, unwarranted, unprovoked attacks on innocent civilians.

Yet i don't see you,or people like you calling for the end of Israeli rule in stolen Palestinian land.I don't see you arguing that Israel should be stopped and be done for war crimes etc.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

How come you haven't answered the questions on my previous post
Dooper?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
If you have been following this thread please watch this video
www.youtube.com...

Well worth watching !!
The movie covers some of the very debates that the contributors to this thread have been battling about . It tries to show how all of the MSM views on Iran are presented in a one sided fashion .
Its only ten min long , you will either enjoy the movie or disregard
the movie as a pack of lies , worth watching anyway . Perhaps some will see just how the MSM has put a spin on a lot of the issues regarding the Iran issue

====
Mod Note: Embedding Videos - Please Review Rule 1i.) ... of the T&C

1i.) ... you will not embed a video with no commentary from you that describes the video and why it is germane to the topic of the thread.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by Max_TO]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by itguysrule

Lol USA/russia/china they dont need to get involved....i hope the Israel military and the iranian military dont bomb each other.

====
Mod Edit: large quote removed, 'reply to' linked

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by RussiaUSA

Now before anyone attacks me and calls me a war monger, I say again, I am not promoting this idea – only stating that the possibility exists. The more Israel is abandoned and ostracized by the rest of the world (the US included) the more it becomes like a cornered wild animal. The world needs to understand that the “Sampson Option” should be considered a real possibility.

So making Israel give the Palestinians back their land and making the stop the killing etc,the major reason's for Iran's dislike of the Zionist regime and its support of Hezbollah,is not an option then??

And what if Israel lost?
They may have more nukes but Iran has the 8th biggest armed forces in the world.People like you talk as if Iran's defeat is a done deal.You also talk thats its a well known fact that Iran have nukes.Funny,people said the same about Saddam,and we all know how truthful that turned out to be!
And just because the Japanese gave up after they were nuked doesn't mean that Iran will.

And do you honestly believe that those countries that care will stand by and let Israel nuke Iran??

America is already pissing off its European allies,thats probably why there is the new rumour of them not supporting Israel's plan to bomb Iran anymore.

Its not just Israel in danger of isolation,but America too,and thats the last thing they need.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mind is the universe

My sincere apology, but I've heard so much BS from your posts that my eyes just go right past your posts. Besides, I don't care to converse with Iranian muslims who may be camping out in another country.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

My sincere apology, but I've heard so much BS from your posts that my eyes just go right past your posts. Besides, I don't care to converse with Iranian muslims who may be camping out in another country.

I see, your back to stating other's and myself BS

That's a very disrespectful thing to say.

I ask again, why can't you answer the question's I've asked you?

Must explain your minus points again I see. You don't contribute with respect.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Interesting. The entire Middle East, all Arabs with the exception of the Palesinians and Syrians, hate Iran.

If Israel or the US decide to just end the thing quickly, they'll use nukes. And it won't be a matter of someone allowing/disallowing anything. It will be over.

And it is likely that the other oil producing countries will increase production just to compensate for the loss of the Iranian contribution, just to see those Persian bastards vaporized.

That means Syria will be without any further Iranian assistance, and will be compelled to come to Jesus on this and knock off the trouble-making themselves.

So, I see a lot of positives here. Maybe we could make a deal with Russia, and they can take the top half of the country, and someone else the southern half. Well, after it stops glowing.

Come to think of it - Iran doesn't have nearly the cards they may think they have. Who's going to fight with them? Argentina?

Maybe we'll eventually do him like we did Allende. It worked the last time.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Points? You think I ever even noticed my points until you pointed it out? Well, that makes me really, really disappointed. I probably won't sleep tonight worrying about my . . . points.

And I still blow past your postings.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
This is to the mods:

Why did you delete the majority of my response to Jakyll? You could have at least left one of my quotes and references. They weren't that long. Jakyll's is just as long if not longer than mine were.

I am very disappointed. I thought this was a place of free speech. I have been polite, well sourced on my references and eager to learn from others as well as have them learn from me. You want us to give sources, yet not emphasize the important parts of the articles?

I worked hard to meet your requirements and base my arguments and opinions with good sources.

Too bad I can't retrieve the info. From now on, if I feel comfortable of being fairly treated, I will back up my arguments and post them in smaller increments. Hopefully they won't be deleted.

Just tell me why you didn't leave one, just one of my references intact? That wouldn't have been too many quotes.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Interesting. The entire Middle East, all Arabs with the exception of the Palesinians and Syrians, hate Iran.

That is not true. Pakistan, Palistine, Afghanistan, Syria, Egypt and alot of the countries do not hate Iran. Iran is not hated.

Israel is hated. I asked people from the middleast. Jewish people are not hated either, just what the country of Israel stands for and what it is and does. The Zionist's regime is the problem.

The Zionist's are loathed in the middle east. We loathe it, we Europeans. And I'm sure alot of jewish people living the the state loathe it too.

So Dooper get your facts straight.

That means Syria will be without any further Iranian assistance, and will be compelled to come to Jesus on this and knock off the trouble-making themselves.

WE COME TO THIS QUESTION AGAIN, AND I WANT YOU TO STRAIGHTEN THIS OUT NOW DOOPER.

If you say Iran or Syria is misbehaving what are they doing? If Israel bombs another country that is also misbehaving. Now I ask you again.

Why do you refuse to accept the fact that Israel is misbehaving dooper

Just answer the question and stop causing a stir on this thread

So, I see a lot of positives here. Maybe we could make a deal with Russia, and they can take the top half of the country, and someone else the southern half. Well, after it stops glowing.

What positives? What is positive about nucing countries?

Come to think of it - Iran doesn't have nearly the cards they may think they have. Who's going to fight with them? Argentina?

Your Zionist behaviour is NOT acceptable.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Dooper, And how many friends has he US got left, not many I can tell you, if you want to continue to support a rabid terrorist nation (Israel) thats your choice but to lie and slate other countries and their peoples is wrong.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Dooper, And how many friends has he US got left, not many I can tell you, if you want to continue to support a rabid terrorist nation (Israel) thats your choice but to lie and slate other countries and their peoples is wrong.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I'm not worried about how many friends the US has. Not in the least. I think Israel, Poland, and that may be it. So?

To deny that the other Arab countries detest Iran, is to deny a centuries old truth. The Arabs have no love for Iran, and Iran has no love for Arab countries. As I said earlier, only the most stupid of Arabs would work with Iran, that is the Palestinians and Syrians.

Iran supports Hizballah, a murderous terrorist group.

Even Syria may sit this next one out when Israel breaks out the big stuff.

Besides, eventually, Damascus will be a smoking ruin, as prophesied. And you don't have to be much of a prophet to see it coming to.

Iran will be dealt with. Severely.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

That is not true. Pakistan, Palistine, Afghanistan, Syria, Egypt and alot of the countries do not hate Iran. Iran is not hated.

It is true that Arabs and Persians have a great dislike for each other.

But to these countries hatred of western meddling is a unifying force.It bonds them together.Fighting the west is a 'greater good' that makes it able for age old differences to be put aside.

The same thing can be said for England and France before WW1.We spent centuries fighting on and off with each other,but the German's empire building was the 'greater good' that unified us.

And,as you said,the hatred of Zionism is also a unifying force.

Why do you refuse to accept the fact that Israel is misbehaving

No answer can justify the stance of such people.Their views are the height of hypocrisy,but they don't care as long as its them doing it to others and not others doing it to them....well,either that or its just downright stupidity.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Dooper, Yes Iran may be dealt with severly but so will the US and Israel to assume otherwise is living in fantasy land. Israel is a terrorist state, it supports and carries out terrorist attacks on any one it see fit to do so. It is almost certain that Mossad had some hand in 9/11 yet you think its OK for this parasite nation to murder thousands of your own citizens and then individual Jews profit from the mass slaughter of people. But in your mind all the bad people are in Iran. If you want to survive you had better start looking around you.

The US openly supports and forms terrorist organisations around the World yet you still point the finger at Iran when your own back yard is full of dirty laundry. Wake up and start smelling the coffee. It does not matter who likes or dislikes Iran but it does matter if Israel initiates a nuke war that engulfs the Globe and that is the bigger picture that you should be looking at.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Mystery surrounds CIA chief Lebanon trip

CIA Director Michael Hayden sparks controversy by holding covert meetings with top Lebanese officials in a secret visit to the country.

Michael Hayden arrived in Beirut on Thursday in a visit that gained little but controversial media attention.

Hayden arrived in the Lebanese capital for talks with top Lebanese officials on security cooperation against regional and international terror, reported As-Safir daily, a local media outlet.

"Over the past few years prominent security officials, including the heads of Interpol and FBI, have visited the country on propaganda trips meant to enhance cooperation in security matters," claims Elnashra.com, a local website.

"Hayden's trip, however, does not fall under the security and intelligence category," it continues.

"According to informed sources Hayden's trip to the region is aimed at gathering the most possible amount of intelligence in the least possible amount of time, as most foreign intelligence services have an established presence in the county," the website adds.

"Lebanon's geographic position between Syria and Israel is an important factor as the US seeks to defend the security of Israel at any cost."

(Press TV)

Hm.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by chips

When I see the word

CIA. I ignore them.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

Oh yeah. The US is really fearful of what Iran might do to us. Right.

Get this. Britain owned and controlled the area known as Palestine, and they in turn gave some to the territory now known as Israel.

It belonged to the Brits and they could do what they wanted to with that terrain. They drew up lines, and guess what? Israel!

Get over it.

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join