It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel expected to bomb Iran, French foreign minister says

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by bjbrown61

Your links don't prove anyything, It has no name of the journalist, no links, no evidence to show where his quotes were from. No time, no detail. Just rehashed news really. Thats all!! I've read a bagillion articles.

He has however made no bones, about hating Israel and its behaviour in the middle east. That is logical. He does not hate jews, He hates zionists. He has not made any bones about that.

He Has said many many times, He doesn't want to go to war with Israel.

Finally what I said in my post was correct. The leader of Iran has responded to these false claim, such as you posted. Its on the previous page I think. The article in black and white word for word what he stated.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Good job, BJB. I believe that your post leaves jakyl and mom with nothing left. Of course one will come up with another fabricated line.

Yes, I hate to see Israel have to attack Iran, but I see no other choice. They have been invaded time and again by bordering nations, and each time with the same, identical purpose in mind as Iran has stated.

Islam is the bloodiest peaceful religion in history, and since the Muslim clerics dominate Iran, then to me it's all the same. The religion, the clerics, the people, the country.

No population will normally permit their leaders to lead them to destruction. Of course Hitler did. But generally, this ignorance and blind ambition is not tolerated beyond a certain point.

One thing. The Israeli's are never slack in their planning nor their execution. And they always have a surprise up their sleeve.

It will be tragic, but very interesting. And you can believe that while they're at it, Syria will get knocked back a couple years as well. Serves them right.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
It seems like i see this exact type of thread every week. I wish someone, the US or Israel or whoever would go ahead an attack Iran so we can stop seeing all these threads on here about how Iran is suppose to be attacked every other week but it never happens. Then we see the same weak ass stuff about what will happen if Iran is atacked Yadda, yadda, yadda. this is getting so old.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Thursday, October 16, 2008

Large-scale Iranian Air force exercise simulates attack on Israel

DEBKAfile’s military sources report that the drill beginning Thursday, Oct. 16 in northern Iran, is Tehran’s rejoinder to Israel’s big aerial maneuver last June.

Then, more than 100 Israeli fighter-bombers went through their paces over the Mediterranean and Aegean Seas, roughly the same distance from Israel as Iran.

Tehran’s media claim the exercise will test its air force’s ability to fly to Israel and back without refueling.

The exercise will also test the US-made FBX-T band anti-missile radar system delivered in September and installed at the IAF Nevatim air base in the Negev. The Iranians say they will be practicing their “state-of-the-art military equipment and flight tactics,” meaning an attempt to jam US and Israeli electronics and radar.

(DEBKA)

IAF developing system to better predict Iran missile targets

The Israel Air Force is developing a computerized system to predict where a missile will land with considerable accuracy, very shortly after it is launched. That would enable the Home Front Command to order people into shelters only in a relatively small area, rather than in broad regions of the country.

Currently the country is divided into 10 large districts for the purpose of missile alerts, and at every missile launch, everyone in the relevant district is ordered into shelters. But when the new system is completed, in an estimated 18 months, the country will instead be divided into about 100 districts.

(haaretz.com)

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
All I read was the title and all I have to say is they already have. They have also already done it to Iraq. Nobody else had the balls at the time to stop their nuclear programs.

By the way... thanks France.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by mind is the universe

Your links don't prove anyything, It has no name of the journalist, no links, no evidence to show where his quotes were from. No time, no detail. Just rehashed news really. Thats all!! I've read a bagillion articles.

My reply: Yes, there are sources, references and journalists mentioned!

edition.cnn.com... October 27, 2005 Posted: 0727 GMT (1527 HKT)
Full story: Iran pursuing nuclear program
International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) United Nations

TEHRAN, Iran (CNN) -- Iran's new president has repeated a remark from a former ayatollah that Israel should be "wiped out from the map," insisting that a new series of attacks will destroy the Jewish state, and lashing out at Muslim countries and leaders that acknowledge Israel.

The remarks by Mahmoud Ahmadinejad -- reported by Islamic Republic News Agency -- coincide with a month-long protest against Israel called "World without Zionism" and with the approach of Jerusalem Day.
World without Zionism is a nationwide event the planners intend to hold annually, and Ahmadinejad made the remarks during a meeting with protesting students at the Interior Ministry.

Ahmadinejad quoted a remark from Iran's Ayatollah Khomeini, the founder of Iran's Islamic revolution, who said that Israel "must be wiped out from the map of the world." The president then said: "And God willing, with the force of God behind it, we shall soon experience a world without the United States and Zionism," according to a quote published by IRNA....But Ahmadinejad said the "new wave of confrontations generated in Palestine and the growing turmoil in the Islamic world would in no time wipe Israel away," according to paraphrased statements in the IRNA report. He also described Israel's disengagement from Gaza as a "trick" meant to make "Islamic states acknowledge the Zionist regime of Israel," according to the report. The United States and Israel are sowing "discord among warring forces in Palestine and other parts of the Islamic world," the report paraphrased Ahmadinejad as saying. In the process, such attempts were forcing Muslim nations to normalize relations with Israel, he said. Ahmadinejad is quoted as saying, "Anybody who recognizes Israel will burn in the fire of the Islamic nation's fury."

Ahmadinejad's comments prompted the French foreign minister to summon the Iranian ambassador to Paris for an explanation. France is one of the European countries that has been involved in negotiations with Iran over its nuclear program. French Foreign Minister Philippe Douste-Blazy said he learned about Ahmadinejad's comments from news reports that indicate the Iranian president called for Israel's destruction and said the conflict in the Middle East would result in a fight between Jews and Muslims. "If these comments are correct, they are unacceptable. I greatly condemn them and have asked for the Iranian ambassador in Paris to be summoned to the Foreign Ministry to demand explanations," Douste-Blazy said. "For France, the right for Israel to exist should not be contested. This state was created by a decision of the U.N. General Assembly. International law applies to all. The question of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict cannot be used as a pretext to put into question the fundamental right for Israel to exist."

One top Iranian religious leader, Ayatollah Nori Hamadani, said in a written statement it is incumbent upon Muslims to wrest Palestine from the Israelis. He urged Iranians to protest on Friday -- which is Jerusalem Day, commemorated by Iranians to honor Jerusalem, where Israel has established its capital, and renew their support for an establishment of a Palestinian state. Journalist Shirzad Bozorghmehr contributed to this report.

[edit on 10/16/2008 by bjbrown61]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Its natural that both have started flexing their military might.

But everyone seems to be forgetting that Israel threatened Iran first,and Iran has defended itself by saying we will attack anyone who attacks us.

A natural response for any president to make when faced with the current situation,is it not?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
bjbrown61

My reply: Iran HAS threatened Israel AND us (the United States). Also, radical Muslims believe it is alright with Allah to lie to us, so...Iran has lied not debunked the so called claim of destroying Israel.

Its been well established that the remarks of the Iranian President have been mistranslated and misquoted.

dooper.

Good job, BJB. I believe that your post leaves jakyl and mom with nothing left. Of course one will come up with another fabricated line.

The Iranian President has called for an end to the Zionist Regime,not Israel and not the Jewish people.You seem to forget that not all Palestinians are Muslim.Some are Christians and some are even Jews.

When President Regan called for the end of Soviet Russia was he called racist? Was it taken that he meant that all Soviet's should die and the country be bombed back to the stone age?

No.Because what he meant was that the Communist Regime had to go,nothing more.

Islam is the bloodiest peaceful religion in history, and since the Muslim clerics dominate Iran, then to me it's all the same. The religion, the clerics, the people, the country.

Then by that logic all Americans must be ignorant,bloodthirsty rednecks with brains the size of walnuts,just like their president.

princeofpeace.

It seems like i see this exact type of thread every week. I wish someone, the US or Israel or whoever would go ahead an attack Iran so we can stop seeing all these threads on here about how Iran is suppose to be attacked every other week but it never happens. Then we see the same weak ass stuff about what will happen if Iran is atacked Yadda, yadda, yadda. this is getting so old.

Hell,if that ain't the best reason i've ever heard to go to war!

Ask yourself this,if all the President and all his fellow Iranians hated Jews,why are their Jews living in Iran? (and have been for over 2000yrs) Why do they have a seat in the government? Why are they accepted in the Iranian communities?

The fact that this is so,means that the Iranian President and people are more tolerant than the western governments would have you believe.

And,as stated in a previous post;

Let me give you a few examples;Iraq invades Kuwait,the UN and America step in.War in the Balkans,the UN and America step in.Russia and Georgia go to war,the UN and America step in.Israel invades Palestinian land.......

I am aware that the Palestinians,Hezbollah etc are not totally innocent.But what you seem to be forgetting is that the Palestinians have had their land stolen.And after the 6 Day War,Israel kept the land it had won,i.e.the land designated the Palestinians by the UN Mandate,and since then the West Bank,Gaza Strip and the Golan Heights have been under Israeli control.The people have been imprisoned by walls and roadblocks,they have been denied the right to vote,and their home and land is still being taken and they are still being murdered.They are not fighting because they hate Israel,they are fighting for their homes,their land and their lives.Is that too difficult for you to understand?

Is it to difficult to understand?
Can those who think Iran should be bombed not understand their support for a people who have been fighting for over 40yrs! for their land,their homes,their freedom??

Do i agree with the violent tactics used in this fight?
Not at all.But it is the only weapon they have because Israel have used force to deny them everything,even the right to vote.

And if they are being denied that,then what hypocrisy on the part of America.They want Iraqi's to have the right to vote,that is what the fighting is supposed to be about;freedom and democracy.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

By surrounding Israel with Iran foreign legions Hamas and Hisbollah, Iran can expect everything Israel has in its arsenal to be used against them. After taking the piss with the British sailors and supplying IEDs to terrorists I look forward to the day the IDF takes out this terror nation Iran.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Well, if Iran, it's president, or its people have decided that Israel's government, nation, or people in any shape, form, or fashion should be eliminated, as another independent country, maybe Israel should decide that Iran should be eliminated. What's good for Iran is certainly good for Israel.

And when Israel does bomb, I hope the Iranian president is visiting that facility that particular moment. Let him enjoy the fruits of his labors.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Sooner the better mate, imagine a ME without Iran. Iraq will be easy without Islamo terror interference from Iran. What remains of the Axis of Evil then? Just Syria who without the Iranian threat can be bought onside, a peace with Israel and they back the Golan. A whole new ME with no Iranian thorn in the side since 1979. A new dawn.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter
reply to post by jakyll

By surrounding Israel with Iran foreign legions Hamas and Hisbollah, Iran can expect everything Israel has in its arsenal to be used against them. After taking the piss with the British sailors and supplying IEDs to terrorists I look forward to the day the IDF takes out this terror nation Iran.

How is this any different than the US surrounding Iran with forces in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the Israeli forces?

As for your other "points". Do you have proof that the Iranian GOVERNMENT supplied terrorists with IEDs? Since that is the assumption you are making. And since when has America ever had a problem with supplying weapons to a people that is fighting foreign occupation?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mind is the universe

He has however made no bones, about hating Israel and its behaviour in the middle east. That is logical. He does not hate jews, He hates zionists. He has not made any bones about that.

My reply: Zionists are jews. I have read that the Orthodox Jews do not agree with the ideology of Zionism.
globalfire.tv... I personally believe God has promised this land to Israel and he was very specific on its boundaries in scripture. Genesis 12:1-7, also Genesis 13:14 And the Lord said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward; For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.....Arise, walk through the land in the length of it; for I will give it unto thee.... also Genesis 15:18-21 In the same day the Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying. Unto thy seed have I given this land, fro the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates...etc.

Now for today the covenant still stands. Read Zephaniah 2:7 And the coast shall be for the remnant of the house of Judah; they shall feed thereupon, in the houses of Ashkelon shall they lie down in the evening; for the Lord their God shall visit them, AND turn away their CAPTIVITY.

Ashkelon exists today on the Mediterranean coast of Israel! And this prophecy is fulfilled! Read Ezekiel 37 it fortells the restoration of the state of Israel!! In Ezekiel 38 it tells of Gog who is Russia today and how it would invade Israel!

So according to scripture, the land of Israel is God's land not the Palestians, the U.N., Britain, etc. And the Abrahamic promise of this land is still in effect! God brought his people back to this land and him alone. Any nation or person who opposes Israel's right to this land will find them fighting God himself and believe me they are fighting a losing battle!! I wouldn't want to fight God. Iran claims they have the right to eliminate Israel. Well, just watch, in the near future Iran, Libya, Syria, Russia and various other countries will come against Israel militarily, but God will defeat them himself! Remember what I have said, Ezekiel 38 tells it all.

Finally what I said in my post was correct. The leader of Iran has responded to these false claim, such as you posted. Its on the previous page I think. The article in black and white word for word what he stated.

My reply: These claims are NOT false. Read the articles!! His speeches in the U.N. are public record. The Islamic Republic News Agency itself reveals the president of Iran's thoughts about Israel!
edition.cnn.com...
It's hard to admit you're wrong, isn't it? Besides the truth WILL come out.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

You know, you're right. With American forces in Afghanistan and Iraq, after Israel bombs them, maybe we should move across the Iranian terrain and do a little mopping up.

We surrounded Iran?

Not by a damned sight!

They are one trouble-making force. And we have been attacked by Iranian backed forces, all the way back to Beirut. Hizballah. We should have nuked that country ourselves a couple decades ago.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

You know, you're right. With American forces in Afghanistan and Iraq, after Israel bombs them, maybe we should move across the Iranian terrain and do a little mopping up.

We surrounded Iran?

Not by a damned sight!

So if Russia and China were in Canada and Mexico, that would be a good thing for the US?

Your maturity is showing through and it is not complimentary.

And yes...having forces on both sides of a country would be surrounding it. It is a damn sight more surrounded by the US than Israel is by the Evil Muslims That Want Them All Dead.

They are one trouble-making force. And we have been attacked by Iranian backed forces, all the way back to Beirut. Hizballah. We should have nuked that country ourselves a couple decades ago.

Yeah because they are the root of all evil in the world
Grow up.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

You watch. That very thing that most sane, rational people hope to avoid will be brought about through Iran. This is the source of the fire.

There's only one way to take care of that. Delay in addressing a growing problem always leads to a more disastrous problem.

Only a candiass would postpone a scheduled event to the benefit of his opponent.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

You watch. That very thing that most sane, rational people hope to avoid will be brought about through Iran. This is the source of the fire.

There's only one way to take care of that. Delay in addressing a growing problem always leads to a more disastrous problem.

Only a candiass would postpone a scheduled event to the benefit of his opponent.

You want to know how to take care of it? Take away Israels nukes and stop Iran from getting them. Problem solved. They can pitch rocks at each other all they want and not hurt anyone.

The big problem was letting Israel get nukes to begin with. Now everyone in the area wants them to get some MAD assurance. Why would you give a nation that is known for aggressive behaviour nuclear weapons? That is like giving a 6 year old matches and telling him not burn the house down.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by Rook1545]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Education for the ignorant and nieve.Read carefully.

The International Laws of Belligerent Occupation.

Belligerent occupation is governed by The Hague Regulations of 1907, as well as by the Fourth Geneva Convention of 1949, and the customary laws of belligerent occupation. Security Council Resolution 1322 (2000), paragraph 3 continued: "Calls upon Israel, the occupying Power, to abide scrupulously by its legal obligations and its responsibilities under the Fourth Geneva Convention relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in a Time of War of 12 August 1949;..." Again, the Security Council vote was 14 to 0, becoming obligatory international law.

The Fourth Geneva Convention applies to the West Bank, to the Gaza Strip, and to the entire City of Jerusalem, in order to protect the Palestinians living there. The Palestinian People living in this Palestinian Land are "protected persons" within the meaning of the Fourth Geneva Convention. All of their rights are sacred under international law.

There are 149 substantive articles of the Fourth Geneva Convention that protect the rights of every one of these Palestinians living in occupied Palestine. The Israeli Government is currently violating, and has since 1967 been violating, almost each and every one of these sacred rights of the Palestinian People recognized by the Fourth Geneva Convention. Indeed, violations of the Fourth Geneva Convention are war crimes....

The U.N. Human Rights Commission then said it was "[g]ravely concerned" about several different types of atrocities inflicted by Israel upon the Palestinian People, which it denominated "war crimes, flagrant violations of international humanitarian law and crimes against humanity."

n operative paragraph 1 of its 19 October 2000 Resolution, the U.N. Human Rights Commission then: "Strongly condemns the disproportionate and indiscriminate use of force in violation of international humanitarian law by the Israeli occupying Power against innocent and unarmed Palestinian civilians...including many children, in the occupied territories, which constitutes a war crime and a crime against humanity;..." And in paragraph 5 of its 19 October 2000 Resolution, the U.N. Human Rights Commission: "Also affirms that the deliberate and systematic killing of civilians and children by the Israeli occupying authorities constitutes a flagrant and grave violation of the right to life and also constitutes a crime against humanity;..."

www.mediamonitors.net...

SECOND SPECIAL SESSION OF HUMAN RIGHTS COUNCIL DECIDES TO ESTABLISH HIGH-LEVEL INQUIRY COMMISSION FOR LEBANON.

The second special session of the Human Rights Council today strongly condemned the grave Israeli violations of human rights and breaches of international humanitarian law in Lebanon and decided to urgently establish and immediately dispatch a high-level inquiry commission to the region....

Speakers addressing the meeting said that the death and displacement in Lebanon as a result of the Israeli bombardment was appalling. The massive Israeli air strikes that had resulted in massacres of innocent civilians and the destruction of houses, properties and infrastructure were strongly condemned, and there were repeated calls for a ceasefire and a rapid resolution of the conflict.

www.unog.ch...(httpNewsByYear_en)/F16C6E9AE98880A0C12571C700379F8C?OpenDocument

Think of the name "Palestinian" and what comes to mind? "Terrorism." Conjure the word Israeli and what do you think of? "Victim of terror." The images are searing: skeletal Jerusalem buses with shards of flesh and twisted metal hanging from the twisted wreckage; detailed accounts of the misery and suffering of Israeli families caught in a suicide bombing; graphic photos of the Israeli dead and injured, the funerals, the anguished faces and the heart-breaking weeping of the survivors.

But while these episodic bombings were being inflicted by Palestinian kamikazes, the Israeli military was routinely terrorizing the civilian population of Gaza and slaughtering hundreds of Palestinian civilians. Yet not a cubic centimeter of the scope of this Israeli terrorism was reported in America. For all Americans know, a few dozen Hamas terrorists have died in pinpoint "targeted killings" (assassinations) and a handful of Palestinian civilians have been "regrettably" killed, "caught in a crossfire" or "collaterally damaged" in an "air-strike."

In the same period, as a reaction to the Israeli occupation, the Palestinian resistance killed 200 Israelis, including 70 soldiers and 21 children. The Israelis killed almost five times as many children as Hamas and Islamic Jihad. Overall, for every Israeli killed, three Palestinians were killed. There will be those who will say that this is an arithmetic of slaughter that can have no meaningful symmetry; that terrorism on the Palestinian or Israeli side is equally monstrous. But an "equality of monstrosity" is not present in American reporting. The clear impression conveyed by the Establishment media is that most of the monstrosity is on the Palestinian side.

Moreover, if both occupier and occupied are equally monstrous, if both the aggressor who has the means to withdraw and end the conflict, and the victim of occupation who is nearly powerless against a relentless military machine, bear equal guilt and responsibility, what happens to the sacred mythology the West has built around the conflict with Nazi Germany, in which any act of terror committed against German armed forces or German civilians was not only justified as necessary but celebrated as a glorious act of liberation? However much Israelis may be offended by the analogy, the fact is, the Palestinians see their struggle in precisely these terms. As the Arab Knesset member Taleb a-Sana remarked with regard to the Israeli slaughter of Palestinians in May, "What happened in Rafah proves that you don't have to be German to be a Nazi."

If "Jews" in the Warsaw ghetto were entitled to resist the Nazi occupiers by any means at hand, however bloody or indiscriminate, why is this holy Allied doctrine voided when it comes to the Palestinian resistance to Zionist occupation of the Gaza ghetto?

revisionisthistory.org...

Israel/Palestine statistics.
www.ifamericansknew.com...

Israel has been fighting the Palestinians and Lebanese for over 40yrs.In every month of every year,someone has been killed through military/terrorist means.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I don't give much credence to the determinations of the United Nations. The definition of the United Nations seems to be all the nations united against the United States. We host it, we fund it, and all the little dogs continue their incessant yapping for the sole purpose of minimizing the United States, or tying Israel's hands behind the backs.

The United States should pull out of the United Nations.

Arm Israel to the teeth, rent bases for the Unites States to operate out of within the territory of Israel, and dare anyone to come again.

And I would destroy every population center in Iran, every potential nuclear research facility, every pipeline, every port, and every mosque. I'd tell the world, no more. Then I'd turn to Syria and North Korea and give them the option to forego their aggressive actions and potential nuclear programs, or face the same.

I guarantee you, they would determine that their nuclear programs and aggressive postures weren't really all that important.

That's how you meet an unsettling force with force. This has been known since the ancients, since records have been taken. It's simple. It works.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Yup, it does work, until the rest of the world turns on the US and does the exact same thing. Don't kid yourself, it is not as far off as you think.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join