It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The polls are wrong - McCain is winning - and here's why..

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
In the same article it quoted Obama, who said he'd go after Osama and the Taliban, NOT PAKISTAN! McCain lied about that and put words in his mouth.

Yeah, go after them IN PAKISTAN.
You're still attacking a sovereign nation and an ally. You don't do that without permission and you certainly don't announce to the world you're going to do that.
That's what McCain was talking about.

Now what are you talking about? You still haven't explained earlier statements.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

I think you hit the nail right on the head, I have believed all along that this is going to be one of those years, where those who thrive on polls, are going to be in for a November Surprise, they may never get over. I also have believed all along that Bush will ultimately get credit in the long term, for his accomplishments as President, that you don't hear about on network news. Bush has been, in my opinion, not like by the democrats before he even swore into office. The democrats were so ripped and torn by Gores defeat, they just never got over that, then for Bush to gain a second term, that just took the breath right out of them.
And I see every day the finger pointing at the policies of George Bush over the past eight years, as the reason we got into this financial meltdown, but it was Bush who saw a problem with Fannie and Freddie, and Democrats Barney Frank and Chris Dodd and others and looked the nation in the eye, on tv, and said there was nothing wrong with fannie and Freddie, while taking favors and millions of dollars from them. That's like Bill Clinton, looking us straight in the eye, and telling us, "I never had sex with that woman".
I believe John McCain is an Honorable servant of his Country worthy of our trust, and the democrats can try to say he is just another Bush, but I don't think that would be such a bad thing, in contrast with what we would have with Obama, Pelosi, Franks, Dodd, Schumer and the rest of them and the destruction I believe they would bring to our country with their policies, and little or no check on what they do. I think that would be a very dangerous situation, and not the kind of change the people want, need or deserve. I would like to think that Obama is an honorable man, but so little is known, and for someone who seeks to hold the office of president and serve the people, has a duty and responsability to open the facts, so the people can make an informed decision, his failure to do this in my opinion, leads me to believe, there is a hidden agenda he doesn't want to expose until after the election, and this again is dangerous. I don't care what color the person is in his or her skin, honesty and Character as a whole are most important to me. And I believe the majority of people who go in that booth to determine the next president of our great country, will have that same opinion in their heart of heart, and they will vote for their country first.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird

In the same article it quoted Obama, who said he'd go after Osama and the Taliban, NOT PAKISTAN! McCain lied about that and put words in his mouth.

You're still attacking a sovereign nation and an ally. You don't do that without permission and you certainly don't announce to the world you're going to do that.

So you admit that McCain said that as long as Osama stays in Pakistan he could nuke every major US City and then some and McCain would just sit back and tell the troops to leave Osama alone because he's in Pakistan. Yeah, good job. Tell the man who attacked America on 9/11 that he can keep killing US troops and citizens as much as he wants as long as he stays in Pakistan.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

So you admit that McCain said that as long as Osama stays in Pakistan he could nuke every major US City and then some and McCain would just sit back and tell the troops to leave Osama alone because he's in Pakistan. Yeah, good job. Tell the man who attacked America on 9/11 that he can keep killing US troops and citizens as much as he wants as long as he stays in Pakistan.

Gamergal remember that ol saying put up or shut up. Show me a quote where McCain said that as long as Osama stays in Pakistan he could nuke every major US City and then some and McCain would just sit back and tell the troops to leave Osama alone because he's in Pakistan.

You keep saying this repeatedly and I have yet to hear any politician say this.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   

He attacked Obama for saying he'd go after Osama in Pakistan. As TJW states. That's right, McCain attacked Obama for saying he'd go after the man who attacked us on 9/11. Unless being a Republican he has inside info that it wasn't Osama who attacked us like many claim. That would explain McCain's statements of leave Osama alone, Osama is not to be touched no matter what as long as he is in Pakistan because he knows Osama isn't guilty of anything but being a CIA operative.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Its not just the fact that we'd be attacking targets within a sovereign, semi-friendly nation without their consent. No, there's also the fact that Pakistan's government isn't exactly stable and that the same government is in control of 25-50 nuclear weapons. If Obama goes into Pakistan half-cocked and in doing so causes the Pakistani government to be overthrown by its own people, he could very easily hand that nuclear arsenal to Bin Laden or other extremists in the region.

Its a very foolish thing to do, IMO, and is one of the biggest reasons that I will not vote for Obama.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Your post is about the only hope that I have left in McCain having even a chance. 4 years ago the polls were wrong on the morning of the election and Bush won. Chances are this year, it the same holds true, there will be rioting because a "black" man supposedly was dishonored and cheated....

The fact that Obama has not proved his citizenship and is scoffing at this law suit against him and the media et al. are looking away satisfies any doubt I have left that the media leans left or is only there to program our minds.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

Wow. You are obviously having a difficult time comprehending anything that is being said, as evidenced by your insistance to continue to make up stuff that is blatently false despite repeated efforts to show you just how wrong and misinformed your statements are.
I honestly do not know how to make it easier to understand.

Congrats, your ignorance wins this round

or are you joking?
If you are joking that would make MUCH more sense. Because, man....there is no way..........

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by vor78

Its a very foolish thing to do, IMO, and is one of the biggest reasons that I will not vote for Obama.

WTF? What is wrong with you people? Obama wants to get the man WHO ATTACKED US ON 9/11! OSAMA BIN LADEN KILLED THOUSANDS ON 9/11 AND YOU HAVE THE GALL TO SAY THAT OBL SHOULD NOT BE KILLED, LEFT ALONE, BECAUSE HE'S HIDING!!! OBL should be killed no matter where he is. Unless you, like McCain, have inside info that it wasn't Osama who attacked us. Osama should be killed no matter where he hides. McCain says Osama can nuke every major city in the world, kill billions, and as long as he stays in Pakistan will not be touched. Who the hell does he think he is? How can McCain tell an enemy of the world that he is safe and won't be touched as long as he hides? Can you imagine if FDR told Hitler that he wouldn't be killed or even attempted to be captured is he fled to Brazil? It would have let Hitler fly to Brazil and run the war from there as long as he wanted! WWII could have lasted decades because as long as Hitler staid in Brazil we wouldn't go after him. You people disgust me. You hate Obama so much you'd give OBL nuclear weapons and tell him to kill more Americans just because Obama said he'd hunt Osama down no matter where he hides!

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Well, if you live in Ireland you should have placed your bets on Obama!

Bookie Pays Out Early on Obama Bets

Ireland’s biggest bookmaker Paddy Power has announced he will pay out more than one million euros to those who have placed bets on Barack Obama becoming the next U.S. President. That is four weeks ahead of the November 4 election.

The unprecedented move followed the final debate between Democratic candidate Obama and his Republican rival John McCain.

Since the start of the summer gamblers have been pouring money onto Obama, with odds shortening to 1-9, meaning a bet of 9 euros is required to make 1 euro profit.

Paddy Power’s said ten thousand bets had been taken on the 2008 U.S. presidential election. The largest single wager on Obama was £78,000, placed in June this year at odds of 1-2. Today it pays out £117,000.

We declare this race well and truly over and congratulate all those who backed Obama,” Power’s spokesman said.

Who's your money on?

[edit on 10/18/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I know there's a lot of irony, CNN called Iowa a leaning Obama state, yet I've driven around most of the state, and unless people have changed heart in the last 4 days, I've seen meerly a few Obama signs, and tons of McCain signs. Found that bit interesting.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Obama is consecrating on the electoral college voting results and
not like Gore who thought he had it all.

Will this be the end of the Bush political dynasty?

Or just a normal swing back to the opposite party.

ED: Always take the best odds.
I've never tried it but if you go through 30 30-1 odds and never
win there might be something wrong.

[edit on 10/20/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

While your logic is flawed, it is right in step with Fox News, so congrats on that. Of course the polls lie, the Bradley effect, all that stuff means that it is a lie that more people support Obama. Obviously they dont, because when McCain wins, we need to justify it somehow. Now if only they could stop all those people from going to see Obama live, compared to how many go see McCain live. If only that were not SOOOOOOOOO drastically different and inline with the polls, maybe that would make sense but all it is is setup for a fraudulent election anyway.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo
I know there's a lot of irony, CNN called Iowa a leaning Obama state, yet I've driven around most of the state, and unless people have changed heart in the last 4 days, I've seen meerly a few Obama signs, and tons of McCain signs. Found that bit interesting.

I was just in/around the western part of Des Moines...Obama signs everywhere. I was actually quite surprised, considering Iowa is generally so "independent."

Not this election.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo

What do they say about western NY? I can spend hours in Henrietta, and then drive around Spencerport for a day, Maybe hit Buffalo and Syracuse, Rochester. Guess what, on any one of those days, I will surely see way more signs for one than the other. How much of the state did ya drive through? Did you hit all the burbs and all the inner-cities? Did you get out to the farms as well? Did you go through econimically depressed burbs as well as very well to do ones? States are big my friend and just in this county there are plenty of areas that all seem to go one way or the other. I can tell you for sure though that there is a lot more state out there and it would take a lifetime to go through every neighborhood.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiamanicus

Hense my words SEEMED. I wasn't being literal. I was through much of Eastern Iowa, along Highway 52 and 67 mainly just the other day. IA City has a good deal of Obama signs I know, but it seemed through most of the areas that I was in, it seemed to be for everyone 1 Obama sign, there were 10 McCain signs.

I wasn't saying that they polls are indeed lying, never spoke the words, I just said I noticed more McCain signs than Obama signs. Plain and simple.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join